• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

2/26 Pokémon Presents Speculation Thread

What do you think will be shown tomorrow?

• Sinnoh remakes

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Let’s Go Johto

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • More Pokémon Unite info

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course I'd much rather a DP remake trailer, but I wouldn't mind if we got a Detective Pikachu 2 one instead.

I really like mystery detective games after all xD

If there is a Sinnoh remake, I expect them to be traditional. If they are Let's Go, then that might mean that they are completely replacing the very concept of traditional remakes with Let's Go.

Yes; to me it seems like both the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra being huge open areas was both for their own sake and to help introduce players to Pokemon worlds existing in that format, whether that is for the eventual Gen 9, or that the developers knew Sinnoh was coming next!!

It's nonsense to presume that Presents can't present a Switch title, nor a mainline RPG. They can do everything.

I'm all for scepticism regarding Pokémon, but this mindset is really stretching it.

The Let's Go fears should be laid to rest, as well.

It's nonsense to presume that Presents can't present a Switch title, nor a mainline RPG. They can do everything.

I'm all for scepticism regarding Pokémon, but this mindset is really stretching it.

The Let's Go fears should be laid to rest, as well.
Considering the track record with Presents we have a right to be skeptical.

OBVIOUSLY, it'll start with what looks like a teaser of DP remakes, but Shigesato Itoi will interrupt it to tell us that Mother 3 is coming to Switch. =P

Jokes aside, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced a new spinoff.

I'm not going to lie to you all. When I saw that it wasn't going to be at 6am PST I was almost just as happy about that as I was about the Presents announcement itself. Sure it's only an hour later, but maybe I'll actually sleep in longer! (my brain likes to wake me up like 2 hours before bi Pokemon news).

I'm pretty excited about this. I'm not going to get my hopes up too high because I would like to avoid being super disappointed, but I'm hyped to see what they'll reveal tomorrow.

What I think we'll see
  • another New Pokemon Snap trailer. It probably won't reveal too much new stuff, maybe just show off the game some more.
  • Some Pokemon Unite News
  • Maybe we'll see something about Pokemon sleep? Idk about this one though.
What I'm hopeful we'll see
  • Traditional Sinnoh remakes. I have a good feeling we will see Sinnoh tomorrow (whether it's Let's Go or traditional idk), but I don't wanna get my hopes too high for it.
I just really want it
  • New PokePark games

When I saw that it wasn't going to be at 6am PST I was almost just as happy about that as I was about the Presents announcement itself. Sure it's only an hour later, but maybe I'll actually sleep in longer! (my brain likes to wake me up like 2 hours before bi Pokemon news).
As a fellow PSTer, I'm pretty happy about the change as well. Granted, my body forces me awake pretty early regardless of whether or not there's a Pokémon announcement.

I hope it's the Sinnoh remakes. However, I won't be able to watch it on time because I've got work at 9 am, which is when the Presents drops in my time zone. Then I go home at 2 pm, buy a pizza and soda at 7-Eleven, eat it for lunch when I get home, take a shower, watch the new episode of WandaVision, and only after that could I finally watch the Pokémon Presents. Yeah, I'm going to have to watch it later than you guys.

I've heard some speculation about ports of the older games to the eshop being announced (kinda like what they did with Fire Emblem). I think this is in the realm of possibility. Maybe we will get ports of gens 1-3? Porting gen 4 would be a slap in the face if we don't end up getting sinnoh remakes lol.

I've heard some speculation about ports of the older games to the eshop being announced (kinda like what they did with Fire Emblem). I think this is in the realm of possibility. Maybe we will get ports of gens 1-3? Porting gen 4 would be a slap in the face if we don't end up getting sinnoh remakes lol.

This is sadly feasible and I could see them being too lazy to do full remakes anymore and just doing ports from now on. I hope this isn't the case.

This is sadly feasible and I could see them being too lazy to do full remakes anymore and just doing ports from now on. I hope this isn't the case.

Maybe I am just optimistic, but I do not see them abandoning remakes. The remakes have been consistently well received and I think Game Freak knows they would be missing out on serious $$$.

I could see them porting games and then taking them off the eshop after a few months since that's been Nintendo's M.O. lately. I swear its like we live in the 90s and the Disney vault is back :bulbaFacepalm:

Whatever it is, I’m excited for it. It’s the 25th anniversary and I know GameFreak is going to go all out. I’m sure they really want to to impress their fans after the controversy with Dexit. Not gonna get my hopes up too high, but I’m definitely hopeful.

Maybe I am just optimistic, but I do not see them abandoning remakes. The remakes have been consistently well received and I think Game Freak knows they would be missing out on serious $$$.

I feel like they think they wouldn't lose much in sales if they just re-released the games as is, and then they would save money in having to develop the updated assets for the game (the newer models, the modern graphics, etc.). I hope I'm wrong, but Game Freak has gotten pretty lazy and arrogant to the point where they feel like they could get away with anything. I hope I'm wrong, but it definitely feels that way.

Doubt it.

You all are forgetting one thing about Gen 4 ports: dual-screen integration.

Nobody wants to play a jank port where you have two screens split awkwardly on your single screen. Gen 3 ports would be fine because they won't have this issue. There's absolutely no way Gen 4 ports will happen, especially since we're 99% sure we're getting remakes announced tomorrow.

I feel like they think they wouldn't lose much in sales if they just re-released the games as is, and then they would save money in having to develop the updated assets for the game (the newer models, the modern graphics, etc.). I hope I'm wrong, but Game Freak has gotten pretty lazy and arrogant to the point where they feel like they could get away with anything. I hope I'm wrong, but it definitely feels that way.

RBGY only sold 1.5 million copies on VC. A far cry from their original sales numbers. Game Freak knows remakes sell better than ported versions. They won't be ditching remakes any time soon lol, don't worry.

Also that was at $10 each, not $30 or $40 or whatever GB games sold for (not old enough to be familiar with GB and GBC pricing). Ports will never sell as good as the original releases because a good majority of the diehard fans that would even be in the market for ports already own the originals and owning the ports is really only a novelty and for completionists who demand connectivity to current generations.

To people saying Legends could be anime-related: Why would it need its own website? TW didn't have one. Unless it's some kind of "cross-media experience" where the legends' profile is updated after their episode I don't see why it could be needed. But if it was a game it would sound a bit similar to Masters, so I don't know what to expect.

I'm still surprised that a non-new generation game could be announced before May, but I guess they understand that having an important anniversary without nothing to look forward to would be weird. Anyway, those first minutes when they present the inevitable spin-offs will surely be stressing. We'll likely see Sleep, an unprecedented app like Cafe Mix and Unite.

To people saying Legends could be anime-related: Why would it need its own website? TW didn't have one. Unless it's some kind of "cross-media experience" where the legends' profile is updated after their episode I don't see why it could be needed. But if it was a game it would sound a bit similar to Masters, so I don't know what to expect.

I'm still surprised that a non-new generation game could be announced before May, but I guess they understand that having an important anniversary without nothing to look forward to would be weird. Anyway, those first minutes when they present the inevitable spin-offs will surely be stressing. We'll likely see Sleep, an unprecedented app like Cafe Mix and Unite.
Legends could be a Pokemon equivalent of Battle for the Grid.

Back
Top Bottom