• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

2/26 Pokémon Presents Speculation Thread

What do you think will be shown tomorrow?

• Sinnoh remakes

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Let’s Go Johto

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • More Pokémon Unite info

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It just got leaked. Look at your own peril

Diamond and Pearl Remakes:
-Artstyle is in a werid Chibi 3D
-Battles are the same as in Sword and Shield
-Brillant Diamond and Shining Pearl are the names
-Devloped by IICA not GF

Open World Pokemon Game
- Open World Pokemon Game released in 2022
-Set in feudal Sinnoh aka the past
-Devloped by Game Freak

-Devloped by IICA not GF

Open World Pokemon Game
-Devloped by Game Freak

According to resetera, this is a reliable leaker. If this is it, that sounds pretty hype honestly.

-Devloped by IICA not GF

Open World Pokemon Game
-Devloped by Game Freak

I'm usually pretty skeptical of leaks coming from reddit, since that's a set with a whole username/password, email to register system rather than anonymity, especially for a person who has a reputation as a leaker, it'd seem weird that they wouldn't get caught. But part of that whole system means we can look through their past posts with timestamps and see that they did accurately call Minecraft Steve and Cuphead for Smash, and he had an accurate thread on the DLC for Pokemon, too, so, huh. (Wonder if part of it is that they're leaking before trailers? One thread said they leaked like, an hour before. I can see them getting by without too much attention if they just leak right before announcements, but still, I'm very surprised they're still going after leaking from multiple games like that)

I will say I'm not a fan of those names- after fun pairs for remakes like heart and soul, alpha and omega, going to "brilliant and shining" is just meh. But I think it'll be really interesting, especially for the development. The open world game- which is apparently called "Legends of Arceus" - sounds like a great chance for Game Freak to experiment with open world and more plot-driven game elements, and it'll be neat to see how this new studio takes Pokemon. I'm optimistic!

I'm usually pretty skeptical of leaks coming from reddit, since that's a set with a whole username/password, email to register system rather than anonymity, especially for a person who has a reputation as a leaker, it'd seem weird that they wouldn't get caught. But part of that whole system means we can look through their past posts with timestamps and see that they did accurately call Minecraft Steve and Cuphead for Smash, and he had an accurate thread on the DLC for Pokemon, too, so, huh. (Wonder if part of it is that they're leaking before trailers? One thread said they leaked like, an hour before. I can see them getting by without too much attention if they just leak right before announcements, but still, I'm very surprised they're still going after leaking from multiple games like that)

I will say I'm not a fan of those names- after fun pairs for remakes like heart and soul, alpha and omega, going to "brilliant and shining" is just meh. But I think it'll be really interesting, especially for the development. The open world game- which is apparently called "Legends of Arceus" - sounds like a great chance for Game Freak to experiment with open world and more plot-driven game elements, and it'll be neat to see how this new studio takes Pokemon. I'm optimistic!

I think after Omega Ruby and Alpha saphire, we shouldn't be surprised by these names. According to resetera, reddit and even gaming leaks, the leak has come from the strongest Nintendo leaker and if by some surprise he's wrong, this would be the first time. I have to say: if it is real, then I am excited. This is more then I could have ever hoped for.

I think after Omega Ruby and Alpha saphire, we shouldn't be surprised by these names.
Why not? Alpha and omega have an actual theme to them, bright and shining are just generic synonyms.
According to resetera, reddit and even gaming leaks, the leak has come from the strongest Nintendo leaker and if by some surprise he's wrong, this would be the first time.
"According to reddit" isn't the most reliable source lol, reddit's a whole community with people that can easily be mistaken. (I imagine the same is true for resetera, I just don't know much about that site myself) I'm saying they're believable because you can look back and see beat for beat their predictions coming before an announcement and being accurate- it's always best to check these things for yourself when you can.

I'm also sceptical of leaks, especially if they don't provide any concrete proof. We'll see if the leaker's right in 5 hours. Honestly I'm not trying to expect too much, since the last Pokémon Presents was a relative disappointment to me. As for predictions, I'm definitely expecting more news on the previously announced spin offs and maybe the announcement of GBA/DS rereleases. Anything more will be a bonus for me.

Of course the direct will be super late at night in my timezone, but thankfully I have been doing studies in my time and have somehow gained the ability to forsee the future not too long later. So I did forsee into the direct and yikes... no gen4 remakes... bummer...

Sounds intriguing, and definitely not what I was expecting. I actually somewhat happy the actual remakes aren't developed by Game Freak. But does anyone know anything about IICA? I can't find anything online.

Sounds intriguing, and definitely not what I was expecting. I actually somewhat happy the actual remakes aren't developed by Game Freak. But does anyone know anything about IICA? I can't find anything online.

It seem to be this one.
They are a co-development company that help make a lot of game. Mostly JRPG.

It seem to be this one.
They are a co-development company that help make a lot of game. Mostly JRPG.
They made the Domino's app featuring Hatsune Miku?? New Pokémon is gonna be a masterpiece.

I am highly skeptical of this rumor for a variety of reasons, most notably the idea of Game Freak handing main series development over to someone else.

I am highly skeptical of this rumor for a variety of reasons, most notably the idea of Game Freak handing main series development over to someone else.
Watch the video first, then decide if you are still sceptical or not.

Back
Top Bottom