• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

20 Years Later: A Somber Reunion (BullFinch and NeoMiniTails)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoMiniTails

A soldier of kindness
Reaction score
It was probably the sweetest yet coldest, darkest winter ever but it felt good to the violet eyed priestess. The wind blew at incredible speeds and the rain fell roughly, and here she was walking through it, enjoying the very nostalgia of it all, not once running and trying to get into a safe place but rather, she just continued walking in her direction.

Memories of yesterday weren't quite as clear as they had been twenty years ago but it surely hadn't fade away with age. Some answers were more obvious while other answers she once believed in had become foggy.

Hail fell from the heavens and still, she didn't do much to get out of the stormy weather.

"Hino-San?"

She turned to see a red-headed male that she worked with, a handsome man, two years older than her. His green eyes seemed confused to see her figure without an umbrella while he, himself, had been fully equiped.

"Minamino-San..." She acknowledged as she kept walking but found the man quickly caught up with her, possibly running to get to her so quickly. "Ah nice foot work in the work." She said, looking up and seeing his umbrella being placed over her.

"Aren't you cold?"

His warm voice fortunately did more for her than the rain utensil did.

"Where are you going in such a rush?"

Rei looked at her watch. "To the airport. I'm going to the US for my vacation... The hotel I'm staying at is offering good prices for big crowds of people and calling this next two months the 'reunion special.'"

Mr. Minamino seemed rather displeased by her answer, his forest green eyes scanning her words behind her back before finally smiling a 'nothing' smile and replying. "That's nice. I'm probably going to the same place next week, will you still be there?"

They weren't too far from the airport as he handed her his umbrella. "Arigatou, Shuichi... I mean Minamino-san but where are you going right now?"

"Work, Hino-San." He answered with clarity and smoothly.

"Minamino-san, why'd you walk all this way with me then!? Work is the other way!" She called out to his disappearing figure in the fog.

"I wanted to talk to my favorite priestess. See you later."

Rei blushed slightly before noticing he gave her his umbrella, the man obviously not thinking about if she'd lose it or how he'd get it back.

"Due to weather problems, there will be a stalling of our leaving times. Please have a seat and wait until we resume normal scheduling." An announcement came forth and for some odd reason, it shocked Rei.

Maybe it was the excitement of seeing the inner senshi all again after so many years that made her not think straight. Her priestess garb hung onto her slender body, her upper body curves too well seen in an outfit befitting holiness.

There were some males staring but she ignored them, putting her arms over her chest, one of the few moments in life she had a boyfriend who'd intimidate other guys from their perverted nature.

Sighing, she waited for something to happen.

OOC: For reference, Nias is 57, Fained is 34, and Conrad is 27.

The airport was not one of his favorite places. Flying might be natural to Fained (he could turn into any avian he pleased), and Conrad might be used to it by now (flying to Paris and back must have fixed him), but it terrified Nias. Screaming children, brutish security, annoyed helpers and pissed off employees at the ticket counters. Plus, being in the air was an angel thing. He was far from it. After 57 years of life, he looked as old as he had when he was in his twenties- but he'd seen things that a nightmare couldn't compare to. Deaths, rebirths, tortures and comforting. He'd felt love and hatred, bursts of sorrow and waves of joy. However, all of these things had not dulled his extremely short temper. "Fained! Stop it!"

The shape shifter stopped petting Conrad's hair with a pout, the human a bright red as he blushed in a mixture of embarrassment and contentment. "Aw, old man, stop ruining our fun."

Conrad smacked him upside the head, and Fained hissed in fake pain, holding his temple with a hurt pout. "Hey, don't abuse the boyfriend!"

Nias let out a sigh as the human and shifter kissed quickly, turning and rubbing his temples as he paced in wait for the plane. "Gah, just get here already..."

Last edited:
Ooc: Could you skip paragraphs... I can't really tell who said what with it all being in the same paragraph. Sorry.

Back to story;

Rei looked up from her spot, eyes gazing upon the young people before her. They all seemed to be in their twenties and how childishly twenty, they acted.

Of the three, two of them seemed to be together, much in the same way as Haruka and Michiru. However, these two seemed more comfortable fondling with one another in public in a way that she couldn't imagine either one of them being. Then again, the two weren't exactly uncomfortable with gaining attention in public either.

She wondered for a moment whether they'd be in America also. Knowing them, they'd come in some fancy helicopter, both wearing very expensive looking clothing just to say without words: 'we've done well.'

Standing up, she moved to go get some coffee, knowing it was going to be a long wait so she might as well catch up on her reading or maybe change out of her priestess garb into something more comfortable, more comfy for her and the people around her.

Most people didn't view priest highly and respect for them had been on the decline over the years. Besides, many feared priest and saw them as a curse to the people, no longer a sign of purity or of security. In recent times, she heard of many news reports of priest being stoned, raped, or killed for the heck of it so most people viewed her as being brave to even go out in public in her religious wear.

However, most wouldn't dare touch her as they have always feared her even moreso now that she appeared to never age, not a wrinkle, frown line or anything, just a fresh, beautiful face.

Still, no one visited the temple to buy thing, only to warn her to get out of town and the world seemed ready to party, hearing she'd be gone for more than a month. Even so, Shuichi Minamino, a guy from her place of employment, seemed genuinely sad that she was leaving although he never said it. It was the look in his eyes.

It took about fifteen minutes before finally getting dressed and grabbing her coffee but by the time, she came back, a nursing mother was sitting in her seat.

She sat down next to Nias and his two friends and for a moment, felt a strange aura. She looked over at them, scanning them but shrugged her shoulders, seeming as they seemed to be quite normal in her opinion. "Where are you all going today?" She asked with a smile, crossing her legs as she read a fashion magazine, uninterested in the old material.

Nias jumped in his seat, instinctively tugging the fedora on his head lower as his ears twitched and his head snapped to the side. His eyes widened at the sight of her, sensing familiarity, but he shrugged it off with a tiny smile, hoping the dark shades he had on hid his eyes. "America," he said smoothly, intentionally leaving out their exact point of destination.

Fained looked up from his position next to Conrad, one arm looped around the blond's shoulders. The shifter smirked, raising an eyebrow as he eyed Rei appreciatively. Conrad did nothing but roll his eyes, turning his attention back to the camera in his hands. "And who might this lovely lady be?" Fained's voice was low and suave, albeit practically dripping with sarcasm.

Rei lowered her eyes, uncomfortably. This was definitely the wrong seat to choose from; these people were obviously as judgmental as most of the people she met nowadays, often hating her before knowing her, calling her a witch for her Esper powers.

"I assume you heard of me?" Rei asked with more confidence than she really had, ignoring his sarcasm but couldn't seem to let go of Conrad's rolling his eyes at her. It bothered her much more than it should.

Maybe it was the stupid blonde hair. Rei always seemed to have a thing for blondes. Her best friend Minako was a blonde, a girl sometimes accused to be her lover, Kaidou was a blonde politician who worked under her father, her only love in this life, and Jedite who was also an evil syndicate under Beryl who was also her lover in her reincarnated past. Then again, there was still Usagi who may have been the only person in the world who could make Rei come out her shell who was also blonde.

She doubted it had anything to do with him being blonde because she wasn't even slightly attracted to him.

Smiling at Nias, she nodded. "Oh, me too... For a small reunion between some friends... I haven't seen most of them in twenty years."

Fained seemed to think to himself, before shaking his head, grinning as he let his teeth flash sharper in a short shift. "Nope, don't seem to recognize you, madam."
Conrad sighed, swatting the hand Fained had slowly crawling down his arm. His hazel eyes wandered towards Rei, and he offered her a soft smile, pulling on his scarf self-consciously. "Sorry about him. He's usually only this much of an ass to his vic- I mean patients." The man let out a chuckle, before turning his attention back to the camera. Pictures of the three flashed as he sifted through them, usually containing Conrad and Fained laughing or talking while Nias stayed off to the side.

The demon pushed his shades up, the glasses having slipping down the bridge of his slightly gray nose. "Sounds fun. We're... er, on business," he explained with a slight hesitation. "Fained - that's the perverted one - he and I are looking for someone who's managed to evade our chase so far. She fled to America," he explained with an annoyed twitch of his ears. Hopefully the hat hides them.

Fained lifted his head off of Conrad's shoulder, a frown on his face. "Bitch couldn't just stay here and let us catch her," he muttered, causing Nias to flick him on the shoulder. The shifter winced, pouting as he brushed his hair back with an air of offense. "You're lucky we're in a public place, Nias," he whispered with a warning glare.

Rei had suddenly became aware that the strange aura she felt wasn't for no reason. They were definitely, by all definition, demons. Obviously, not high levelled ones, she thought as she moved her hair away from her face, listening to every word with distinction.

Fear crawled up her spine but she made no reaction in her face, just a smile. "A patient, eh?" Minako had moved away some time ago to America, claiming she wanted to become a big time movie star, she hoped she wasn't thief so-called patient they were on the search for in the foreign land.

Still, there was a possibility---even she could be their victim. Her eyes narrowed slightly.

"Oh? You don't know me? Ah, I assumed everyone knew me around these parts. Well, it's not like I'm some kind of celebrity." Rei denounced, her violet eyes turning to Fained then to Conrad and landed on Nias.

He seemed different from them but she couldn't put her hand on it. Looking the other way, she waited for the announcement to say it was time for them all to leave. Hopefully, they'd be taking another flight.

About five hours later...

"Boarding starts within five minutes..."

Rei talked on her phone to Shuichi, giggling slightly. "Minamino-San, you're way too nice. Please have those papers sent to me by the morning, thanks. ... Oh no! ... Well, hopefully, maybe, I'll see your mother the next time she visits the office. ... I forgot she requested that. I'm sorry. Oh... Well, I'm about to board. I'll see you in two months if you don't come out here like you said..."

Hanging up the phone, she rose from her seat and frowned slightly. "Sorry you guys had to listen to me talk to someone for half an hour. I know how annoying people's talking on the phone can get."

Nias looked back up from the book he'd procured from his duffel bag, giving her a patient smile. "It's fine. You should see those two when they're separated," he murmured, waving to Fained and Conrad adjacently with a chuckle. "They practically have melt downs until they're back together. Granted, with their history, I can't blame them," he said with a tiny frown. "They've been through a lot together. Kind of reminds me of someone I used to know..." He seemed to drift off, before shaking his head with a tired grin as his steel blue gaze drifted back to her. "Sorry, I tend to ramble when I'm not being bothered by the brats."

"Hey!" Conrad snapped, hazel eyes bright with annoyance and face put-upon. "We don't insult you all the time, man. Just 'cause we're younger-"

"Yeah, yeah, sorry," Nias interrupted, rolling his eyes with an exasperated sigh as he flicked the front of his fedora up before it slid down his forehead. "Honestly, sometimes you guys act just like angels."

Fained jerked from his lazily slumped position, huffing indignantly. "Hey, man, we're not that bad!"

Last edited:
Her face went beet red when the thought of comparing her relationship with Shuichi as being similar to those two. "O-o-oh no! Minamino-San and I are just business associates." Sure, he had many times asked her to marriage in which rather than saying a direct no, she always said she wasn't ready for marriage nor to date.

He was constantly buying her many gifts, most of the time, very expensive gifts. They would be plants from across the world, flowers she never heard of. Still, most of the time, she felt like he did it as a favor to her because she was able to suppress the demon within him so that he could live a generally normal life.

It was probably because of meeting him that she wasn't so nervous or deeply afraid of meeting those three, now that she thought about it.

Rei laughed. "And angels aren't that bad..." Smiling almost flirtaciously towards the perverted Fained, "Besides angels are quite beautiful." The compliment probably went over his head but she also didn't care.

"Well, I'll see you ar--around." Hesitation came over her after realizing they were going on the same plane.

The demon muffled a hiss, moving one of his hands to the straps of his duffel bag and crunching them with a strained smile. "Yes, well, angels might be pretty, but they don't have the best attitudes." Nias moved the bag to his lap, getting up as he swung it over his shoulder and yanked Fained up by the collar of his jacket.

"We'll see each other on the plane!" Conrad's voice was eager as he got up, looping an arm around his shifter's shoulders with a grin. "Where are you going in America? Fained and I are from the USA," he explained with a blush as Fained leaned on him. "Nias is... well, he's from the far south," the human stated with a laugh.

Rei frowned slightly at Nias. "No, well, to categorize all of a certain race is foolish, just as it would be foolish to say priest all do what's right." Having figured out they were demons, she tried not to make it seem that she knew or even cared because the last thing she needed was a one on three battle inside of a highly populated area.

Conrad seemed excited about them being all on the same plane and in an odd way, she was pleased by his reaction. Nias didn't seem to share his joy.

"Hollywood, California." She said with an odd honest earnesty as if she had been waiting for someone to ask her all day. "So? By the way... How long have you all known each other? Did you guys hear that supposedly the sailor warriors have seemed to have moved to protecting the Americas now." She assumed that by asking questions, time would go by faster because the line was going slow into the plane.

Shuichi said she shouldve gotten first class or use his private plane. Now, she wished she listened.

Nias didn't reply, just rolled his eyes and pushed his sunglasses back up with a gnash of his teeth. Peh, angels were all the same. Humans, too. Wait a minute... why the priest analogy? The demon's ears twitched as his eyes darted back to the girl, studying her more closely. All at once, he recognized the unmistakable aura of a priestess, holy and warm. It burned him, and he stumbled back a bit, Fained catching his shoulder and looping an arm around him in an instinctively comforting manner.

"Hollywood? That's so cool! We're going there first!" Conrad grinned, his face flush and his body practically shaking with anticipation. "I've always wanted to see it. I'm from Oregon," he explained with a smaller smile. "Fained's from-"

The human was cut off as his boyfriend slapped a gentle hand over his mouth with a nervous chuckle. "I'm from around."

Conrad glared at Fained as the hand lowered, before brightening at the new questions. "Six years," he said, blond bangs sticking to his forehead. "And yeah, we did hear. Seems odd that they've suddenly changed their tactics, eh? Makes you wonder if something big's going down in the USA."

"Maybe." Rei responded simply to Conrad.

She grinned sheepishly at Nias, realizing she had been wrong; the young man didn't seem to realize she was a priestess until just a moment ago. "All the same, I never believed that a priestess and a demon couldn't enjoy a nice conversation." It was probably seeing a priestess smile genuinely towards a demon but that's what she did.

There was no thought into the smile, it was simply a smile.

As they got closer to the terminal, she threw on some Hollywood sunglasses, lightly laid on lip gloss to her lips and grabbed her bags. A few moments later some men came over, obviously with all the same intentions, grabbed onto her bags and began flirting with her, the last part to her distaste.

Turning around, she looked to them one last time, assured she'd see them again. "Maybe, I'll see you around."

The demon shrugged, adjusting his fedora and bag awkwardly. "I suppose. It's happened to me before," he said with a forced laugh, before shaking off Fained's shoulder with a raised eyebrow. He viewed the practically drooling males with a disgusted expression, which faded into a smile and a nod as he focused in on Rei. "I'm sure you will."

The three moved ahead in line, walking through the halls attached to the plane.

Rei didn't know how but somehow she and Nias ended up sitting together in the plane. It wasn't planned, at least, she didn't plan it that way. They were sitting possibly in the worst seat on the plane, behind a fat man whose seat was laid back on Nias as he snored a storm brewing inside of him and his wife who was ultra skinny and kept on getting mad about at her chips like a mad woman and would throw each and every opened bag on Rei.

It was a new bag every five minutes. None of them were her flavor.

She turned to Nias, quite sure she had met him before, some time long ago. He had a familiarity in the same way Shuichi did maybe even moreso. A smile crossed her lips but she hoped Nias didn't catch it. "I never introduced myself to you, did I?" She asked, wanting to start a conversation to the squashed demon.

Having nodded off wondering whether Fained and Conrad were both having as much hell as he was on this plane ride, Nias jerked in his seat as the girl's voice found him. The demon blinked groggily, squirming in his seat as he tried to face the priestess. "No, I don't believe you did," he mumbled with a tired grin. His glasses slipped to the tip of his nose, revealing his eyes, but he didn't seem to notice, too concerned with the thought of where the hell did my hat go?

"My name is Hino Rei and what's yours?" She asked as another bag of chips flew back at her, slapping her face, one chip landing in her mouth. Disgusting.

Looking at her feet, she realized she couldn't see them anymore, the bags and chips covered half her legs. Gawd, she was going to look disgusting by the time she got off. So dirty, so full of junk on her clothes and body.

She spit out the chip.

The demon's steel blue eyes widened in shock, which he quickly hid with a cough. "Nias," he said quickly, holding out a glove-covered hand to the girl- no, Rei. "Nias Madriarch. Are you... sure you don't remember me?"

Rei smiled gingerly, completely unsure about who he was but lied anyhow. "Of course, I remember you, Nias-San." However, her own formality showed her own lies for Rei had never been known to be formal with the ones she was closest to, namely, Usagi and him.

His hand touched hers and suddenly she saw rain and herself crying and saw him there. Her eyes widened. Aishiteru... Her own words, she could hear and suddenly a headache came and tears came over her.

"Im sorry... But my memory has left me over the years."

Nias jerked his hand back as Rei's eyes teared up, and he frowned in concern, ears twitching under his shaggy, unkempt hair. "Left you? Were you in an accident?" Did someone hurt you went unasked, because if the answer was yes he knew even Fained couldn't stop him from getting revenge. Someone had stolen her memory- his priestess's very essence. That was not tolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom