• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

2014 May International Challenge

talonflame vs. hydreigon 1 v 1

me: Brave bird shouldn't be a KO
/opponent brave birds me, it isn't a KO, 11 hp left, cool
me: cool, reverse draco meteor that shit
DRACO METEOR MISSES
me: WHY

needless to say that was a loss :l

I just had my agieslash OHKO'ed by knock off from accelgor in shield form?

That's quite impossible for two reasons.

#1: 252+ Atk Choice Band Accelgor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Aegislash-Shield: 182-216 (69.7 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

#2: Accelgor cannot learn Knock Off.

I would bet my firstborn child that what actually happened was this:

252+ Atk Choice Band Zoroark Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 318-374 (98.1 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

So Day 3 was marked with a series of bad luck (awful crits which cost me matches) and poor decisions. It also doesn't help that I started facing low 1700s (I guess the rating system thought I was good enough???). I fell down to the lower rankings--the difference in how people predict between mid-1600's and low 1500's results in me expecting some brilliant play only to be thrown off guard. I actually lost a battle because of that -.-

I'm halfway through--hoping to get back to mid-1600's but I seriously doubt it since right now I'm floating at high 1500s.

EDIT: I also didn't know why Assurance kept killing me and then I read its description and oh.

EDIT 2:

Final Results
Win: 36 | Lose: 24
Total Battles: 60
Score: 1627-1638*

*Score based on my final score going in. Won the last battle against someone with a score of 1528 so I probably went up.

This is pretty much my win-loss ratio last time I decided to battle. My third last battle was pretty interesting. I looked like I was going to lose, but managed to pull a win despite Dark Void and Mega Kangaskhan. I guess that goes to show--just don't give up and the odds may be in your favor (no but really where were these odds that time both my Pokemon flinched three turns in a row).

Last edited:
Well, final day came and went, and my team managed a 50%-50% W-L ratio. Gonna have to severely overhaul it. I at least hope I managed to get a ranking higher than 1500.

I ended up with a rating in the early 1700s and a 41-19 record. Quite the step-up from my April Friendly results.

why

i just played the most ridiculous match

my leads: gardevoir kang
their leads: mega-gardevoir yanmega

my gardevoir traces speed boost, then enemy gardevoir traces my speed boost
and then the rest was ridiculous

I made it to #47 in the Junior Division. How do you claim the Enigma Berry? Do you just game sync or something?

I got bored the third day cause all the oponent teams where the same: Kanga-Tyranitar-Garchomp lol
Also, how do you claim the enigma berry?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom