• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

2014 Play! Pokémon Modified format announced: TCG to become Next Destinies-on this Au

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
2014 Play! Pokémon Modified format announced: TCG to become Next Destinies-on this August

Play! Pokémon has announced that the 2014 Modified format of the Pokémon Trading Card Game will be Next Destinies-on. Only Black Star Promo Cards BW33 and higher will be permitted. The new format will officially be put in place on August 28, 2013.

Read more on Bulbanews

Laterna

Reaction score
Re: 2014 Play! Pokémon Modified format announced: TCG to become Next Destinies-on thi

Right, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a little hazy on these things - does this mean that any TCG expansions for X and Y will follow the same format as the BW era? I really hope I'm misinterpreting this because I was kinda hoping to see a bit of a shift in the TCG with the release of X an Y as I very much feel that the TCG is a bit... broken... but that's a whole other discussion XD

SnorlaxMonster

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score
Re: 2014 Play! Pokémon Modified format announced: TCG to become Next Destinies-on thi

Right, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a little hazy on these things - does this mean that any TCG expansions for X and Y will follow the same format as the BW era? I really hope I'm misinterpreting this because I was kinda hoping to see a bit of a shift in the TCG with the release of X an Y as I very much feel that the TCG is a bit... broken... but that's a whole other discussion XD
Until about the same time next year at least, this will be the rotation used. From the announcement of the Black & White on format that begins in the 2015 season, there may be another rotation this time next year, so don't worry about the current format too much.

BowBowBow

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Will this be similar to B/W? This could change things up a lot.