• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY090: A Tag Battle is a Friendship Battle! Eievui's First Time in a Fight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY090: A Tag Battle is a Friendship Battle! Eievui's First Time in a Fight!!
Airs: October 1

Here is an image from the episode.

img_next151001.jpg

I translated the title.

Last edited:
Kind of wondering something here. So we know Tierno and Blastoise are here (more of a reason for you to evolve, Frogadier), and in the image for XY090 we see Shauna too. So are Tierno and Shauna both going to be in this episode, and the Tag Battle is Ash/Serena vs Tierno/Shauna? Because I certainly don't see Serena challenging Tierno's big ass Blastoise with Eevee, although they could just troll us and Eevee is used vs TRio, but they don't count (or at least, they shouldn't).

Kind of wondering something here. So we know Tierno and Blastoise are here (more of a reason for you to evolve, Frogadier), and in the image for XY090 we see Shauna too. So are Tierno and Shauna both going to be in this episode, and the Tag Battle is Ash/Serena vs Tierno/Shauna? Because I certainly don't see Serena challenging Tierno's big ass Blastoise with Eevee, although they could just troll us and Eevee is used vs TRio, but they don't count (or at least, they shouldn't).

But well we see Frogadier battling Olympia, which is not before this episode, so i guess this won't be the episode Frogadier evolve

This is a tag battle which means Tierno shouldn't be alone here. Since Shauna will also appear in the next episode, she may appear here too.

My guess on the Battle: Ash's Pikachu and Serena's Eevee VS Tierno's Blastoise and Shauna's Ivysaur (if it evolved from Bulbasaur)

So Tierno has a Blastoise already and Ash still dosen't have Greninja.

What if this is a boys vs. girls scenario? Maybe Ash and Tierno will team up against Serena and Shauna. It could be interesting. Just imagine Serena getting crushed by her crush. haha Nah. This will be Ash and Serena vs. Shauna and Tierno. And I'm rooting for Shauna, you go girl~~

Tierno having a Blastoise already feels kinda rushed, the writers usually save final forms for the major tournament but now that they can work with Mega Evolution maybe that's what they're planning for the Pokémon League Conference.

This will be Ash and Serena vs. Shauna and Tierno

This would be the most probable case, after what came in a scan , with Eevee and Pikachu in heart shaped figure, this would be stepping stone for all that to start.....maybe?

This will be Ash and Serena vs. Shauna and Tierno

This would be the most probable case, after what came in a scan , with Eevee and Pikachu in heart shaped figure, this would be stepping stone for all that to start.....maybe?

So...Serena's sending a freshly caught Eevee against a Blastoise?

She must've drank some Isshu water...

The only reason I'll be fine with this hypothetical battle is if Pikachu potentially being used, means that's making up for the fact it won't be used against Olympia, but might still be used against Wulfric (which I'm fine so long as it just beats a Pokemon and not win Ash his last badge).

But you know, I'm really kind of annoyed that an episode seemingly revolving around Ash's rival, is a tag battle involving Serena and Shauna.

That wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for the fact Eevee is getting focus here, and could potentially easily start showing up and getting focus a lot more. The point is why are they developing Eevee more than Noibat? Edit: Because I think its bullshit that Eevee is going to have a first battle before Noibat. Because Serena is totally doing badges, and Ash is just not doing anything and is just there. It's not like Ash is a battler who needs to train his Pokemon.

Maybe Noibat and Eevee will both be used here.

Looking forward to seeing that huge bulky Kamex dance!

From Dephender on Serebii Forums (can't find the original tweet):

Akemi Omode just tweeted that the surprise she mentioned a while ago was that she's the writer of XY89... and XY90... AND XY91. These are all going to be Serena-centric and were given to her for that reason.

So I guess she's officially sort-of-in-charge of Serena's character now?

Note that Serebii uses a different numbering system than Bulbapedia does; they treated SS033 as a normal episode, so every episode from that point is pushed one number forward. This episode is their XY090, for instance.

So this, XY088, and XY090 will all have the same writer AND they're Serena focused. Interesting.

So this, XY088, and XY090 will all have the same writer AND they're Serena focused. Interesting.

I honestly feel like I'm the only who actually cares about Ash. You know Serena focus is fine, but I feel like they are wasting focus right now on the wrong person.

I was fine with Serena getting Eevee, I was fine with Serena's Pokemon Showcase being two episodes away from Eevee's capture.

But having THIS episode also be Serena-centric makes no sense whatsoever, especially with it being Eevee.

The moment Ash caught Noibat, and the episode after there was a good, 8 episode gap (with fillers) before Fletchinder evolved. And it's going to even another 6 episodes before the gym battle with Olympia (approximately).

Why doesn't any writer say "You know Noibat hasn't gotten any focus or development for nearly 14 episodes, it's the most recent capture, it belongs to Ash, Ash is a battler, so you'd think that we would try to develop Noibat so that it at least can battle outside of using supersonic, so why not throw a reasonable (not against Blastoise) battle for it, why fillers and so much focus on the OTHER characters?"

But no instead Eevee is being captured, and yet for whatever reason the VERY next episode, is Eevee's first battle. You can argue that Noibat is newly hatched all you want, but Dawn's Cyndaquil was newly hatched and went toe to toe with Ash's Grotle, and had very impressive moves, true maybe that was unrealistic, but what do you think training is for? To build and grow your Pokemon. There was no benefit to Ash getting an egg Pokemon if it's not getting reasonable amount of focus. I would've much preferred an ordinary run of the mill Noibat than one that just hatched out of the egg.

Even if Frogadier might potentially evolve during the Anistar Gym, and so soon after Fletchinder's evolution, it's not going to matter, because Noibat still wouldn't have received focus.

And honestly Noibat being used against Blastoise or even being partners with Blastoise is not what I'd call reasonable development or focus.

The reason that Serena is getting these back-to-back-back episodes is because the rest of the year is solely going be be focusing on Ash/Alain and possibly Team Flare.Yeah guys,Serena most probably ain't getting an episode for a while after this spree.

The reason that Serena is getting these back-to-back-back episodes is because the rest of the year is solely going be be focusing on Ash/Alain and possibly Team Flare.Yeah guys,Serena most probably ain't getting an episode for a while after this spree.

I have no faith in this possibility because we don't know exactly what's going to happen after Olympia, it could still be a 5 more weeks (including the Mega Evolution Act) before a whole lot of stuff goes down, and 4 of those weeks (excluding the mega evolution special) could be complete filler.

I just don't like how Noibat would only be getting focus until after Olympia. There WILL have been 15 episodes since the Sky Relay episode at around Olympia.

Like I said I was fine with Eevee being captured and then Serena's showcase, but the last time Ash got this much focus was in Laverre City (with the gym battle, rival battle, and the Noibat capture, and sky relay).

I mean I would've been fine with Serena getting focus in the Sableye related episode, if THIS particular episode could've focused more on Ash and Noibat.

But you know what, maybe I'm not being fair, maybe I will get my precious 30 seconds of actual development for Noibat that I at least want, in some fashion where its using attacks, and you know if Noibat does battle against Blastoise, fine, fine better than nothing, but Noibat's going to basically be murdered, assuming the writers aren't cheap and somehow make Ash's Noibat comparable to Tierno's Blastoise, but even so, it's more likely going to be Pikachu, given that Pikachu really hasn't had any real battle focus since Korrina, with very few other battles and random non important things sprinkled here and there. And I doubt Pikachu's being used against Olympia unless it loses before Ash calls out Frogadier.

Edit: On top of that, any Pokemon of Ash's that receives development during the inevitable Alain arc is going to be Charizard.

*sigh* Why do I feel like this is the exact case? I mean seriously, the OP has been dragging this fated meeting on and on, when their done with Eevee, this'll happen won't it?

Ah well.

Maybe if we're lucky, either Frogadier or Noibat will evolve spontaneously.

And maybe Iris will finally appear as well while the "Good guys versus Bad guys" thing happens and get this whole "girl from other region back then comes back for a few episodes" and get over it already.

This is pretty exciting, if most of our predictions come true. Usually when Serena battles, it's somewhat shallow. But if she's paired with Ash, I have a feeling the fight will be pretty substantial.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the bulky Blastoise nimbly dance. However, I think its evolution is very abrupt.

And it's odd-shouldn't Ash's Noibat be getting the battling experience rather than Serena's previously wild Eevee? In Unova, he wasted no time allowing Scraggy to battle, followed with routine practice matches afterwards. But so far, nothing with Noibat...
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the episode.

Also, anyone think her Eevee will use Swift or Shadow Ball?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom