• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

2023 is coming to a close. how was the year for you?

Pretty good! We had our belated honeymoon this year and went to Japan for it, was awesome and I'm so excited to go back sometime. Otherwise not many health issues and life generally was okay.. this is all I really want and I'm happy nothing serious happened. So yes, that + traveling means it was a good year overall. \o/

2023 brought me a major life-changing event (of a positive nature!) of which explaining the gravity of which is beyond my ability, and even trying to would require me to write a book's length of text here. xD I'll just say that for a very long time I lived in the shadow of health issues that I thought would completely ruin my life and I was so frozen in fear that I just went into some kinda strange denial frame of mind. Over the past few years I have snapped out of that, and finally the last one of these big health issues I went to the doctor for and got a good report on.

You see, that's the shortest version of this I can possibly give.

As you might be able to imagine this is a huge change of frame of mind for me. Whereas before I lived only for the moment, now I have to try to plan for the future. I bring up that last part, because this process of "waking up" has been both exciting and challenging. It has made me have to rethink so much, including my career goals. That challenge is nothing compared to the doom and gloom depression (for lack of a better term, but it kinda fits because it was dehabilitating.) I had for so many years. It's just on top of the newfound hope and joy, a lot of thinking has to be done.

Anyway, I could write a book on that. lol. The rest of the year after that was a bit of a roller coaster. Finally, I got to take the trip to the state I'm planning to move to, and that trip was fantastic. I thoroughly fell in love with the state on the trip. My decision to move there was officially made. However, I came home with COVID. D: I did okay, but did miss another week of work. Then my dog got sick. She's doing okay, thankfully!! But it was so stressful there for a while, I was majorly anxious and cried many tears during the times of uncertainty.

I'm ending the year on mostly a happier note, with plans to move solidfying (I have chosen a specific town!) and my parents giving me confidence of help and a quick move up there with me.

Anywayyyy... This was my attempt to not overshare, and I still did. xD SMH. Happy New Year, you all!!

It was among the most turbulent of years for me, so much happened. I began full time at one job, switched to part time took various weeks off, was involved in a toxic friendship, learned to drive and got a car, began antidepressants, started a new job, hold 2 jobs, and I learned a lot about myself. The person I am now would be recognizable to my 13 year self but they would be unrecognizable to my 15 year self... I feel I have returned to who I should have been, and I learned truly about the importance of human interaction, and about how important music is in my life. I'm busier than ever, more confused about how life will look like, but at the very least, I started my career. While I'm not a teacher teacher yet, my current job is related and makes use of what I learned about pedagogy. I met so many cool people and caught up with my ever changing self for once. And this was the first year where I wasn't feeling like I was counting down at the end, I feel like life will be more of a blur for me now. I was really depressed the greater part of this year, and I feel vaguely happy for once, I am uncertain about certain things, and I don't how long this happiness will last, but I know that I deserve to know what it's like. I'm not disappointed in myself, I am glad! Goodbye, 2023...

Hmmm... maybe a 6.5/10? I think compared to last year, there's a chance it may have been a bit worse LOL... but last year was really great, so that's okay enough ehehe.

What can I say? I'm really happy that I've been able to survive a whole year's worth of college and that I have nice uni prospects for the next academic year — lots of worrying has thankfully been taken off of my shoulders due to those two things in particular, although the future can always be scary.

That being said, this year has been genuinely my most challenging one yet, I think. My mental health never tends to be the best in wintertime for whatever reason, and that continued early this year which was... whatever lol. But honestly it was even worse in around August-September or so — not going into details here, but suffice it to say that I had the hardest struggle of my life to date then (it was really, really bad), and it could have been prevented relatively easily. I eventually recovered from my struggles then (not without trust lost, though) and resigned myself to waiting for this coming year to be in a position to take matters into my own hands. It is what it is and I'm generally speaking at peace with things now, though.

It hasn't all been bad, though? I got a perfect score on very important test I had been studying for all the previous academic year, am possibly in the position to study abroad (!!) to finish up my university career, and have had some fun times with those I cherish. (although hopefully next year that'll be able to happen more, i'm hoping!)

I guess in a nutshell, I have a hunch that next year is going to be much better for me, and in all honesty there's a lot that I should keep on being grateful for?

Hoping I can continue to support and in turn be supported by those important to me all throughout next year!!

2023 was definitely a good year for me, I honestly do NOT remember much of what I have done but we got the art improvement! we got the fandoms i got into! we got the people i met! we got the stuff i learned about God! we got disneyland! uhhhhh
art summary.png
very good year indeed but now it's over and we got a whole new one up ahead :D

Wait I have more to add

i joined bulbaforums which was really nice, I think I definitely got more like, showing my personality more than in 2022, (idk how to put it) my art improved so much, I got procreate, I read the hunger games and am kinda currently stuck there..,
have a bunch of random art I’ve never posted cause it’s kinda old
IMG_1392.jpeg

2023 was...a lot for me, let me just go into some positives and some negatives.

Positives:
  • I graduated from undergraduate with a Bachelor's degree in English Literature making Dean's List.
    • Did that while having to take six classes for my last semester
  • Won a award for Outstanding Student Service in my English department.
  • Was inducted into the English Honors Society of Sigma Tau Delta.
  • Got accepted into graduate school for an online accelerated Master's of Library Information Science/Studies program.
  • Completed my first semester of graduate school with a 3.6 GPA (Two straight A's, a A-, and a B-).
  • Started therapy back in June.
  • Joined a lot of new communities.
  • I got to see a Ghibli movie in theaters (The Boy & The Heron)
Mixed:
  • I got my wisdom teeth removed, and it was not pleasant.

Negatives:
  • I've had to cut contact with friends due to something stupid (I covered this back in May of 2023 in the venting thread), I don't have IRL friends after this.
    • This is part of the reason I've been joining a lot of new communities.
  • I've sadly become a lot more introverted due to said incident.
  • My undergraduate graduation sucked compared to how my sisters undergrad graduations went (both for their undergraduates and doctorate for one).
    • Doesn't help my own graduation was overshadowed by my oldest sister getting her doctorate.
  • My diploma was lost in the mail due to my bad luck in combo of the stupidity of my alma mater and the USPS.
  • I got a job after having to leave my old one (I worked for the school I went to in undergraduate) due to graduating and really do not like it but am forced to stay with it for now.
  • I was forced to go with that job due to being ghosted on every job I applied to despite my college degree.
  • My stress levels are getting higher due to work and graduate school.
  • I've been having headaches more and more frequently due to something.
  • I have been not able to write like I've been wanting to for ages.
It's been a mixed bag.

Back
Top Bottom