• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S18 EP30: A Frenzied Factory Fiasco!

Eh. This was ok, I guess.

First of all, lol at Clemont crying just because of seeing a factory. That was hilarious. Ok these have to be some of TR's fugliest disguises yet. Meowth in particular looked atrocious. Anyway, I love how Ash and co. just casually give all of their Pokeballs to random strangers:/ Though I never expected to see Dedenne to go back into it's Pokeball, so I guess that's interesting. (Wow Jessie, way to nearly blow your cover for the millionth time; smh.) Then Ash didn't find it the slightest bit odd that they had to put Pikachu in that case rather than just carrying him. And with that, I love how TR's trap was electric proof, yet easily breakable upon hitting the floor:/:/ I’m seriously hoping that TR had no way possible to check to see if Pikachu was in the Pokeball, because otherwise…I can’t even.

I will admit that Mewoth trying to recall Pikachu to his Pokeball and basically using it as a weapon was interesting. Though in theory, Pikachu could probably just break out of it on his own anyway, so overall it seems pretty pointless. And man, would it have killed Pikachu to use Quick Attack on those conveyor belts to get away and dodge quicker? That would have been better than just jumping around at regular speed. I did lol when he smashed Meowth backwards with that Iron Tail though:) I love how Pikachu's Ball was sprayed into a Heal Ball. Kinda wish it would have stayed that way:) I like how we got another invention from Clemont. And well, it did technically open the door:p I just wish that prior to Clemont revealing his invention, Serena and Bonnie would have done something to try to get out of the room. It was basically just Clemont working in the corner and Ash pounding the door over and over while the girls just sat there.

Also, Staraptor as the Who’s that Pokemon? Maybe that would have made sense in the last episode, but today…eh whatever. Lol, Pikachu kicking Meowth in the face was awesome. I loved when Pikachu turned the tables on Mewoth and trapped him a Luxury Ball, but I kinda wish he would have gone to grab his own before Meowth got out so he couldn't use it against him anymore. I did like how Meowth came out in a happy mood to reflect the ball's effect though.

I never would have expected Meowth to challenge Pikachu to a 1-on-1 fight, and I suppose I should have known he'd cheat. Well, whatever. He lost as expected. And TR blasting off due to a ball rolling on them was probably the best part of this episode.

Ok, so here's the part that kinda bothered me. Ash and co. stop TR and save the workers they captured, but get nothing in return except a real tour of the factory. Those workers couldn't have given them some special Pokeballs for their troubles? I think that certainly would have been fitting and interesting, especially since the main characters haven't used any special balls since the apricorn balls in Johto. That pretty much ruined the ending for me.

Overall, this episode was just average imo. Not horrendous, but not really good either. Honestly, it was pretty much just a chase from Meowth and Pikachu for the most of the episode. Eh, 6/10.

The best parts of this episode were Pikachu and Meowth's fights. I'm sure many peoples' fanfiction idea lightbulbs blinked on when Pikachu almost caught Meowth. Bring on the "what if Pikachu caught Meowth?" AU's. It was a pretty good episode.

This is one episode I decided I'd wait for a dub to watch. I'll never see this one in Japanese.

When Clemont built whatever the hell that was to pry open the door, my first thought was, "Just put it next to the door and let it blow up!" Which is what wound up happening. Maybe Clemont should become a demolitions expert. Either that or learn what a damn fuse is for.

When Pikachu and Meowth were on those conveyor belts, did anyone else have "Powerhouse" playing in their heads? (For those who don't know, that's the song that plays in Looney Tunes cartoons when there's a Rube Goldberg machine in operation.) And did anyone else think of the Geonosian factory from Attack of the Clones?

When Pikachu and Meowth were on those conveyor belts, did anyone else have "Powerhouse" playing in their heads? (For those who don't know, that's the song that plays in Looney Tunes cartoons when there's a Rube Goldberg machine in operation.) And did anyone else think of the Geonosian factory from Attack of the Clones?

I say yes to both those cases. Also, I got SA1 on the mind when Meowth said "Get a load of this!".

I liked the uniqueness of Pikachu's sight and the fighting between him and Meowth. I kinda wish Meowth HAD gotten Pikachu into the ball or Meowth winded up being captured in that Luxury ball and then he gets out, they leave it and he's now technically trainer owned but keeping the show the same with it never mentioned again! since Pikachu is a Pokemon they can just say he doesn't have to listen.

Anyway decent episode, well played by TR and it was Meowth's fault for it failing.

TR could've at least got the Pokeballs but I guess they can't succeed or the kiddies will try stealing... not that they haven't succeeded in the past.

I call BS on that ball being able to blast them off.

It was way more entertaining the section of the game so, I guess it was a pretty solid filler episode. Could've used some Pikachu subtitles though.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom