• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY093: The Double Battle in the Hyakkoku Gym! Gojika's Future Sight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY093: The Double Battle in the Hyakkoku Gym! Gojika's Future Sight!!
Airs: October 22.

I translated the title myself.

Here are some images from the episode.

AGU6X2d.jpg
ucEsYcp.jpg

Here are some summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

She can see anyones future!? Challenging the Anistar Gym!!

Ash challenges the Anistar Gym for the 7th badge! His opponent is Olympia, who is said to have the power to predict the future. If she can see through any strategy... Ash is in real trouble!?

Olympia: The Gym Leader of Anistar Gym. She has a mysterious air to her, as if she can predict absolutely everything.

She uses the "Future Sight", which deals damage a while after being used!

Does Olympia even know where Ash's journey will take him next...!?

She uses the Psychic type move "Helping Hand" to increase the power of "Future Sight"!

Ash: What should we do!?

I am seriously not happy with Talonflame being used, because this just spells doom in regards to Wulfric, even if Talonflame is the fall guy here.

Not happy with Greninja being the star against Wulfric, why am I always wrong?

No of course Talonflame wasn't going to star against Wulfric. I should've known better.

Wuh, they actually managed to squeeze the gym battle before the Z stuff? Color me surprised.

I really like the Double Battle Gym Battle. That picture of Frogadier's and Talonflame's heads at the top looks really good. They can still use Talonflame in the last gym. They can use Talonflame, Noivern and Hawlucha for a flying trio. Pikachu may also battle.

I am seriously not happy with Talonflame being used, because this just spells doom in regards to Wulfric, even if Talonflame is the fall guy here.

No of course Talonflame wasn't going to star against Wulfric. I should've known better.

How does this show Greninja being the star vs Wulfric? The upcoming episode preview that came out a while back showed Frogadier doing the work here. I don't see anything that indicates that Talonflame won't appear or even star in the Snowbelle Gym.

Its a Double Battle. Who says Ash must lose one Pokemon? Why is 2-0 impossible?

I personally predict a 2-0 clean sweep by Ash.

And even if Talonflame do faint in this battle, who says Talonflame can't star in Wulfric's Gym?

Okay, I'm thinking that it play out like Ash put to a corner by Olympia's psychic tactics but just when Talonflame is swooping down to save Frogadier from more harm it evolves into Greninja and learns a new move to slay the Kittens with a Brave Bird + New Move combo.

It will also be interesting if Frogadier evolves when Talonflame is around similar to when Frogadier was around when Talonflame evolved.

In my opinion if wee see a Greninja evolution here we should also see the debut of Ash-Greninja. Maybe Talonflame and Frogadier are able to stay around and get some decent combo attacks off, but the Helping Hand + Future Sight combo ends up causing Talonflame to get knocked out. Frogadier is forced to solo it and is able to dodge their attacks, but as soon as he tries to get in close he gets blown back, causing him to struggle to get up. Ash does his obligatory "never give up" speech while Frogadier stumbles to his feet, and once he does, evolves. After the evolution is done he turns towards Ash, maybe they share a few more words, then he nods, turns to Olympia, as he starts glowing red like he does in the XYZ trailer.

I could make my whole dream episode but I'll stop there. :p

Going back to the summary, the line "Does Olympia even know where Ash's journey will take him next...!?" really interests me. :eek:

In my opinion if wee see a Greninja evolution here we should also see the debut of Ash-Greninja. Maybe Talonflame and Frogadier are able to stay around and get some decent combo attacks off, but the Helping Hand + Future Sight combo ends up causing Talonflame to get knocked out. Frogadier is forced to solo it and is able to dodge their attacks, but as soon as he tries to get in close he gets blown back, causing him to struggle to get up. Ash does his obligatory "never give up" speech while Frogadier stumbles to his feet, and once he does, evolves. After the evolution is done he turns towards Ash, maybe they share a few more words, then he nods, turns to Olympia, as he starts glowing red like he does in the XYZ trailer.

I could make my whole dream episode but I'll stop there. :p

Going back to the summary, the line "Does Olympia even know where Ash's journey will take him next...!?" really interests me. :eek:

I see that there may be an evolution here.
For that line about Ash's future, I think they are referring to Ash's role in saving the Kalos region in XY&Z.

So complaining about Frogadier + Talonflame combo? I can only imagine if it was Frogadier + Pikachu, oh the sh*tstorm! ;-) oh well some people are never satisfied, I guess a disadvantageous Frogadier + Noibat/Hawlucha would have been fine...

It made sense for Talonflame to be used here considering it evolved recently, but I am disappointed in this battle so far.

Helping Hand boosted Future Sight is as much of a one-trick pony as it gets. Hopefully these two Meowstic use a variety of moves and combinations, because this battle would be dull otherwise.

I'm a little disappointed that Talonflame is being used, considering how much I wanted Noibat to get some development and get some showtime here. I think this could be an interesting battle though, not only with the rare double battle gym, as well as using Future Sight and Helping Hand to boost that. I'm kinda hoping we'll see other moves like Calm Mind being used to increase that attack also, and their special defense. If anything, I'm half expecting Frogadier to evolve into Greninja here, and gain the immunity to the Psychic type attacks. It may be the time to debut the Ash-Greninja also.

Helping Hand boosted Future Sight is as much of a one-trick pony as it gets. Hopefully these two Meowstic use a variety of moves and combinations, because this battle would be dull otherwise.
I hope they emphasize the difference between the two Meowstic. One is more supportive, while the other is more offensive - they make up for each other's weaknesses. At least I hope the anime portrays it that way.

wO3SZPw.png

Here's a new summary of the episode, along with bits of text also relating to the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

The Gym battle at the Anistar Gym is a 2 on 2 double battle. Will Ash manage to win against the Gym Leader Olympia, who controls two Meowstic!?

A battle against a powerful opponent!!
Ash battles with Frogadier and Talonflame!
The Meowstic combo is amazing!!

Almost one more week until the 7th gym battle. Hopefully it lives up to the expectations that previous Kalos Gym battles have set. Its been a while since we've had a Psychic type gym match, the previous one also being a double battle. How creative will the writers get with combination attacks? How will Ash overcome Olympia's strategy to power up Future Sight, and possible use of Calm Mind? Will Frogadier evolve and gain immunity to Mewostic's Psychic attacks? Will the Ash Greninja debut?

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mika Kanai
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Talonflame: Kiyotaka Furushima
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara
James: Shin'ichirō Miki
Meowth: Inuko Inuyama
Wobbuffet: Yuji Ueda
Professor Sycamore: Hiroshi Tsuchida
Sophie: Tomo Adachi
Cosette: Kiyono Yasuno
Olympia: Masako Katsuki
Sheryl: Risa Shimizu
Carrie: Megumi Han
Meowstic (male): Noriko Shitaya

Here is a new summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

The Anistar Gym match is finally here, and it's a 2-on-2 double battle! Ash counters Gym Leader Olympia's perfectly synced combination of two Meowstic with his Frogadier and Talonflame! But Frogadier and Talonflame are struggling badly against the Meowstic' move "Future Sight"! But then Ash comes up with an idea! What could this idea be!?

Since Team Rocket will appear, that means we're going to have an interrupted gym battle since Diamond and Pearl Series. Not counting Korrina's gym battle because they were about to do it, but Clemont ans Serena took care of them not to let them interrupt Ash and Korrina's gym battle. In Best Wishes Series, they didn't even interrupt any gym battles due to focusing on the operation and being even more evil than being dumb and funny.

Since Team Rocket will appear, that means we're going to have an interrupted gym battle since Diamond and Pearl Series. Not counting Korrina's gym battle because they were about to do it, but Clemont ans Serena took care of them not to let them interrupt Ash and Korrina's gym battle. In Best Wishes Series, they didn't even interrupt any gym battles due to focusing on the operation and being even more evil than being dumb and funny.

By that logic, they may not interrupt this one. I expect some scene involving them being alerted to Team Flare.

Why is Frogadier missing in the VA list ????...........*Greninja Confirmed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom