• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

20th Anniversary Poll

Why would wobbuffet be an option if its already a part of the main cast...

then by that logic, it's very out of date since it was so long ago.
The poll was held during BW and was what led to Wobbuffet returning in XY when it won, what BigDocFan is asking is if a similar poll about returning companions will lead to Brock returning because he won, which it won't because the Team Rocket one was an official poll while the returning companion one is unofficial.

The poll was held during BW and was what led to Wobbuffet returning in XY when it won, what BigDocFan is asking is if a similar poll about returning companions will lead to Brock returning because he won, which it won't because the Team Rocket one was an official poll while the returning companion one is unofficial.
oh ok, his original post wasn't as clear about it being two separate polls at different times so I has misunderstood

Which poll?
During the Meloetta arc in BW, Team Rocket hijacked Oak's Live Caster segment and held contests and stuff. During the final one, fans could call and vote which Pokémon they wanted to return and win a special Pikachu-themed 3DS.
XTtf0Di.png

Wobbuffet won of course, and he ended up returning. That said, I doubt the staff had it planned any other way, though.

But just because it's unofficial, it doesn't mean they can't use it to bring him back. I'm not saying that he will be brought back of course, just that they could use it as a reason. Also, I'm surprised they added Dustox to the list back then. If they brought it back, what would have been the point of it's emotional goodbye. Jessie didn't destroy its Poke Ball for nothing.

Also, I'm surprised they added Dustox to the list back then. If they brought it back, what would have been the point of it's emotional goodbye. Jessie didn't destroy its Poke Ball for nothing.
Clearly inserted as a decoy. I doubt they ever expected anyone but Sonansu to win that poll (with an outside chance for Manene I guess...) I agree with Gabo that Sonansu's return was probably planned all along, especially given his cameos in the last couple of movie shorts during BW.

Clearly inserted as a decoy. I doubt they ever expected anyone but Sonansu to win that poll (with an outside chance for Manene I guess...) I agree with Gabo that Sonansu's return was probably planned all along, especially given his cameos in the last couple of movie shorts during BW.
If that't the case, then that's pretty low of them. What if Wobbuffet didn't win the poll, would they just lie and say that it won and then bring it back? If they really thought it would be the best one to bring back and they wanted it brought back, then they shouldn't mess people around and create a poll with options that make little sense.

I don't think it's that big a deal. Who even would have noticed/remembered that poll except hardcore TR fans?

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom