• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hoopa to be distributed in the US and France: Starting November 2 in France, November

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Hoopa to be distributed in the US and France: Starting November 2 in France, November 27 in the US

Hoopa will be distributed for the first time in France, from November 2 to November 22, 2015 at Micromania stores and in the US, from November 27 to December 23, 2015 at McDonald's restaurants.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hoopa distribution in the US and France: Starting November 2 in France, November

McDonalds? Well, that's new. I hope then that'll just be a direct download through their Nintendo Zone thing and not some code cards like Gamestop does.

Re: Hoopa distribution in the US and France: Starting November 2 in France, November

I haven't been to a McDonald's in months. Now I have a reason to go there and maybe grab some chicken McNuggets on the side!

Comrades,

Would be too embarrassed to use my 3DS in a fast food joint. An actual restaurant would be no problem, but Mickey friken Dee's? Hell naw!

So the official Pokémon site seems to have removed the information about Hoopa being distributed at McDonald's. I'm certain that the information being revealed today was most likely a mistake. I'm going to say that Hoopa will most likely be available through Happy Meal promotion. Currently McDonald's is on the current promotion of Minion pails. They always seem to give pails around mid to late October for Halloween, Halloween is this Saturday so that means that McDonald's will start its new Happy Meal promotion of the Peanuts movie toys next week. Everytime a new Happy Meal promotion starts they update the Happy Meal site and reveal what the next promotion will be. I'm certain that when they update the site next week the next Happy Meal promotion will be that of Pokémon (with toys most likely related to the Hoopa movie), the official Pokémon site will then probably update with the details on how we can receive Hoopa. They could either make it available over Nintendo Zone or include Hoopa codes within the bags of the Happy Meal toys. I read what several people on Twitter posted and it seems that many McDonald's fail to activate Nintendo Zone so I would rather they just give codes within the toy bags just to be safe though it might seem absurd to some to have to pay for a Hoopa or multiple Hoopa depending on how many games you have. I don't really eat at McDonald's all that much so I can just buy the toys, my local McDonald's allows customers to buy toys by themselves for one dollar each if you don't want to buy a Happy Meal.

So the official Pokémon site seems to have removed the information about Hoopa being distributed at McDonald's. I'm certain that the information being revealed today was most likely a mistake.

Odd that they removed it. My guess is that it was revealed too early, not that it was false. You don't accidentally announce that kind of thing.

I'm going to say that Hoopa will most likely be available through Happy Meal promotion. Currently McDonald's is on the current promotion of Minion pails. They always seem to give pails around mid to late October for Halloween, Halloween is this Saturday so that means that McDonald's will start its new Happy Meal promotion of the Peanuts movie toys next week. Everytime a new Happy Meal promotion starts they update the Happy Meal site and reveal what the next promotion will be.
I highly doubt this. TPC has always been insistent that Pokemon distributions should be free. Only real exceptions are the codes in magazines or preorder bonuses (and those given away at theme parks and exhibitions with an entry fee), which usually are not the major Mythical Pokemon.

I'm certain that when they update the site next week the next Happy Meal promotion will be that of Pokémon (with toys most likely related to the Hoopa movie), the official Pokémon site will then probably update with the details on how we can receive Hoopa.
Since this update was taken down, it probably was supposed to be the announcement, so I wouldn't really expect any new information when it is made live again.

They could either make it available over Nintendo Zone or include Hoopa codes within the bags of the Happy Meal toys. I read what several people on Twitter posted and it seems that many McDonald's fail to activate Nintendo Zone so I would rather they just give codes within the toy bags just to be safe though it might seem absurd to some to have to pay for a Hoopa or multiple Hoopa depending on how many games you have. I don't really eat at McDonald's all that much so I can just buy the toys, my local McDonald's allows customers to buy toys by themselves for one dollar each if you don't want to buy a Happy Meal.

I think Nintendo Zone is the most likely. Otherwise I don't see why they would choose McDonald's.

Comrades,

Would be too embarrassed to use my 3DS in a fast food joint. An actual restaurant would be no problem, but Mickey friken Dee's? Hell naw!

Because playing a 3DS while dining at a 5-star restaurant is the epitome of class.

TPCi is encouraging obesity. I guess this explains Hoopa Unbound's weight.

McDonald's...that's odd. I'll wait for those dates to go to McDonald's and get this Legendary Pokémon. (It's alternative form looks demonic, I like it.)

The Happy Meal site updated today (much sooner than I expected). So it seems that the next Happy Meal promotion will indeed be Pokémon (along with Build-A-Bear Workshop). Still no word on Hoopa and how it'll be distributed though, if not later on today then maybe closer to when the promotion starts on the 27th of November.

@SnorlaxMonster I guess so, it just seems odd to remove it. If it was not a mistake they could have just updated the page (with the details on how to get Hoopa) without taking it down. Also true about them not making the players pay for distributions. I just hope that if it is made available over Nintendo Zone that they make sure to send a notice to the multitude of McDonald's restaurants to activate it.

Re: Hoopa to be distributed in the US and France: Starting November 2 in France, Nove

Eh, always frustrating when you have to go to a super specific location just for a Pokemon. Oh well, at least it's another Dex slot filled.

So it seems that the next Happy Meal promotion will indeed be Pokémon (along with Build-A-Bear Workshop).

Yes, because everybody knows that pokemon are only for boys. Girls don't like that shit. Seriously, though, I worked at a McDonalds for five years and saw some really dumb happy meal choices over the years.

Re: Hoopa to be distributed in the US and France: Starting November 2 in France, Nove

Did the mistake of reading the YouTube comments, never again I tell myself. IMO this better than their previous location distribution seeing how statistically someone is more likely to have 2 McDonalds near them than a GameStop.

How convenient that the first day available at McDonald's...is a Black Friday. Which, in my experience, is absolute hell to get into any shopping building, much less a fast food restaurant. No, I'll have to wait the day after.

This is nice. I was expecting the event to work only for ORAS, now I can get three Hoopa. And (and this is a big one) I may just get myself a happy meal for the first time since I first got into Pokemon...or maybe not, who knows. I'm just excited to finally get Hoopa!

So I just notice nothing was said on the Canadian website

Omega Alpha

:/

The fact that the ORAS Happy Meal press release mentions the Happy Meals are available in the US and Canada, but only mentions the Hoopa distribution in the US, pretty much confirms that Hoopa will not be available at McDonald's in the United States.

For the Micromania stores in France, the one I went to was delivering event codes, rather than having to go there with your 3DS and download the event itself. I don't know if the same will apply to the U.S nor if other Micromania stores do the same, though. Just giving a bit of information about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom