• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Connect 4 - round 2 [Game 2 START 28/12/2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzap

No thoughts, head empty
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Hello, and welcome to the second round of the strategy puzzle contest of wills inspired by "The Vertical Checkers Game" Connect Four!​

How to play:
  • I will accept sign-ups for 8 players and up to 3 alternates if we have enough interest. If you are interested in playing, just post here, and I will edit your name into the OP
  • Once accepted, I will split you up into 4 pairs. The other person in your pair will be your opponent. The odd-numbered player will be X's and the even-numbered player will be 0's. X's always go first.
  • You will each take turns placing X's and 0's into the following matrix:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _

You may chose to place your marker in any column that is not filled, but you must place your marker into the lowest available slot in your chosen column. When one player has made their move, the second player copies the matrix, makes their move, and mentions their opponent. There will be multiple games running simultaneously within one thread, so be careful to copy the right matrix!
  • Once one player has 4 consecutive pieces in play in a straight line (vertically, horizontally, or diagonally), that player wins! Mention me (or whoever is moderating that particular game) when the game is over
  • The winners will then face off against each other until we have two players left. Whoever wins the final match wins the entire game!
Rules:
  • All forum rules apply
  • No altering the matrix outside of making your move during your turn
  • In order to reduce clutter, once a game has begun please do not post unless you are a player taking your turn, the moderator of the game, or if you need a dispute settled
Example of finished game:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ X _
_ _ _ _ X X _
_ _ 0 X 0 0 _
0 0 X 0 X 0 X

If you have any questions about the rules or the game in general, please ask them in this thread BEFORE the first game begins or by VMing or PMing me.

Player List:
1. Soulmaster
2. mathematical engima
3. AussieEevee
4. TheCapsFan
5. Bandito Bandera
6. Countess Von Flop
7. RainbowSkittles
8. Enzap

Subs:
1. Zexy
2. BadAssGardevoir
3. Kylo Ren

Last edited:
  • Staff
Everyone has been added. All the sub positions are full, but we have 6 more player slots left!

We ever going to start?
Yes, this is still going to happen. It's been finals week here so I've had minimal time for internet fun for a few days, but they'll be over on Sunday. Additionally, I've been waiting for another player to sign up, but if I don't get anyone by then I'll just play myself.

All right, so it doesn't look like we have any more takers, so I'm going to be playing this time! Sorry for the delay on this, I hope all of you can still play.

Remember, X's go first.

Match 1:
1. @Soulmaster (x)
2. @Maniacal Engineer (o)

Match 2:
1. @AussieEevee (x)
2. @TheCapsFan (o)

Match 3:
1. @Bandido Bandera (x)
2. @Lady Flip (o)

Match 4:
1. @RainbowSkittles (x)