• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY105: Satoshi and Serena! Catch One at the Dance Party!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY105: Satoshi and Serena! Catch One at the Dance Party!!
Airs: January 28

fkQ3kkz.jpg

Thanks to Dogasu for the translation of the title.

Last edited:
There's really only one thing that comes to mind when you read that title...(n)

inb4, both get a keystone and mega ring, or both get meowstic

There's really only one thing that comes to mind when you read that title...(n)
Oh my...Hehehe...

I'm not a fan of these pairing bait episodes, though part of me still hopes for some manner of character growth...

Maybe I'm just a fool.

Hang on, really? Playerking where is this from? Are we sure this isn't just a really good troll????

Since the original title isn't meant to be a double entendre I think a better translation would be "Satoshi and Serena! Catch One at the Dance Party!"

It seems very likely this is a pokemon capture episode.

Dephender from serebii translated the title:

Ash and Serena! Getting One at a Dance Party!!

Since the original title isn't meant to be a double entendre I think a better translation would be "Satoshi and Serena! Catch One at the Dance Party!"

Yeah I would like that. If it is a capture episode I wonder what they would catch. It definitely won't be an amour focused episode though imo.

Dephender from serebii translated the title:

Ash and Serena! Getting One at a Dance Party!!

That is a super misleading translation, you know? For better or worse what it may implied if one doesn't read the original Japanese title...... :love:

That episode title, I ain't touching it with a ten foot pole. On the other hand, if it is a capture episode, would it be for Serena or for ash? I would assume Serena, a dancing mon would fit her more. Hell, with her recent loss, I wouldn't be surprised if she captured this ultra suave dancing Pokemon that can train her Eevee to be super boss in Tripokalons. Kinda like Talonflame teaching Noibat to fly.

Its probably intended to be misleading. I doubt that any amour hints will be of importance in this episode.

No, I mean, the English translation is misleading in the sense of...... "H" in Japanese.

That's why it is important in reading the title in original language in order to clarified it.

So we think this is legit then? (Legit trolling by Omode more like...) No point in even dignifying the inevitable dead-end ship-tease with a response, so let me just say this:
Nokocchi, it is time.

But we can all agree... everyone was not immediately thinking itd be a capture episode because lets face it... who really does have a pure mind

Gangway! Fresh fuel for the ship, coming through!

I quite disagree, specifically because of that "very likely" in your final sentence there being merely a "very likely". When there's no context to the word "get" and no indication of any new, upcoming team additions despite this episode being right around the corner... making an assumption like that is a bit too risky for something that's going to be plastered all over the Internet for people to see as an objectively correct translation without any "actually it could also mean x" footnotes attached to it. Which is the exact reason I used "get" in the first place. It's better to be ague than to end up being wrong.

(not to be mean, but you did refer to XY&Z2 as "The Hot-Blooded Hariborg! Its Target is Puni-chan!!" or whatever it was back when the episode hadn't actually aired and it was still rather unclear exactly who or what was targeting it... which is the exact same kind of logical-but-ultimately-incorrect assumption it's really in everyone's best interest to avoid as best as possible. Hence the "get" translation)

I'm going to assume that the featured Pokemon in question will be another dancer akin to Pancham and Eevee. Thus Serena obtaining something new would be pretty nice. That or developing actual dance skills besides the "Spin N Smile."

Of course, I wouldn't mind Ash having a Pokemon that's a dance battler either. I just hope this episode title isn't super misleading...

Really looking forward it.

I can't wait to see what the episode is about, because no one has a clue. I hope it is a capture episode with Serena admitting to Ash her crush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom