• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chess Mafia (2016) - ENDGAME (Mafia Win) - Feb 24 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
The White Kingdom and the Black Kingdom co-existed peacefully in the continent of Chessboard for years. But 48 hours ago, everything changed. The White King decided to declare war on the Black Kingdom, hoping to claim all of Chessboard for himself. He requested from one of his 8 trusted pawns to push forward towards the Black Kingdom.

The next day, 24 hours ago, the pawn obeyed his King’s orders. The Black King had no choice but to fight back. He ordered his own pawn to push forward. The White King ordered another pawn to rush to his comrade’s aid, and the Black King seized the opportunity; he sent the Black Queen herself to assassinate the White King from afar. For the White King was a Fool, so the White Kingdom lost the shortest war in Chessboard history in what was called “The Fool’s Mate”. The rest of the White Army were shocked to see their king perish, and the Black Army easily slaughtered all of them without a single casualty; all of Chessboard finally belonged to the Blacks. The King requested that a ceremony would take place the next day to honor the Queen and all his loyal soldiers who won the war.

That day is today… it should normally be a day of festivities, but the real war has only just begun! And it is going to last more days and nights than The Fool’s Mate…

Welcome to Chess Mafia! This is a 16-player open setup mafia game hosted by Zexy in The War Room of Bulbagarden Forums, scheduled to begin in February 11th. If we do not get enough people this date may be postponed.

Rules:

1. All Forum Rules apply.
2. Please, let's keep it civil. It is just a game.
3. Day phases normally last 48 hours, Night phases last 24 hours. Votes and actions will be locked as soon as the deadline for each phase passes. If I am sure that I won't be able to update I may extend the phase in question straight from the beginning. If 50%+1 of votes are on a certain player (hammer), the phase will end right away. You should not post anything after this happens until I update the thread.
4. Please be active. If you fail to post in-thread in a day/night phase cycle, you will be subbed out. If no sub is available to take your place, you will be modkilled.
5. You can nameclaim as any of the chess pieces. However, you are not allowed to copy-paste from your role PM or post screenshots of it.
6. Discussing about the game outside of the thread is not allowed, with the exception of the mafia QT. Posting in the thread at night is NOT allowed. Posting in the mafia QT in the day is allowed.
7. If you change username, please state your old and new ones in-thread.
8. To vote, use the following format: "VOTE: Zexy". To unvote, use "UNVOTE: Zexy".
9. You must always lynch someone. Ties will be decided by RNG. Even if no one votes, I’ll RNG between everyone since everyone will have the most votes, 0.
10. This is a game of roleplaying. Do not try to get an out-of-game advantage. This includes but is not limited to: trying to use forum features like recent activity/online-offline status or interpreting posts from the host as you see fit. NO ANGLESHOOTING. If I believe it confirms your alignment, you will be modkilled, because it is outright unfair to players of the other faction.
11. I can adjust the rules if need be. All of you will be informed right away if this is needed to happen, of course.
12. Make sure to have fun!

The open setup consists of:
TOWN - 12
1 Named Townie
1 Cop
1 Doctor
1 1-shot Vigilante
8 Vanilla Townies

MAFIA - 4
1 Mafia Godfather
1 Mafia Rolecop
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Mafia 1-shot Strongman (has to place the kill the night they use the ability for it to take effect, bypasses doctor protection)

PLAYERS:
1 @TheCapsFan;
2 @Slife;
3 @Pikochu;
4 @jackatlasred;
5 @Rainbow Cloud;
6 @Sword Master;
7 @leetic;
8 @IGN;
9 @The_Pikachu;
10 @Kakashi Hatake;

SUBS:
1 @Maniacal Engineer;
2 @Etrian Oddity;
3 @Doctor Floptopus;
4 @AussieEevee;

Last edited:
I'm in, though I'll be sure to somehow pull a Fool's mate.

I'll sign up, I suppose. The quicker we can get this going, the quicker I can post signups for my own mafia game.

It means twisting the hosts words to confirm you. I think

I'll be a tasty sub please

Usually it's up to the host to define the term for their game, because it can be viewed differently.

I personally define it as playing the game in any way other than how it was intended to be played, in terms of rules/policies.

Last edited:
"It refers to anything that bends/skirts the rules to give you an unfair advantage, and/or simply excessive rule skirting imo."
"I personally define it as playing the game in any way other than how it was intended to be played, in terms of rules/policies."

I like both defintions. Confirm yourself through regular gameplay, do not use host posts or out-of-thread activity for your advantage. Adhere to the spirit of the rules, not the letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom