• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY113: Elle VS Serena! Open the Door to the Future!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY113: Elle VS Serena! Open the Door to the Future!!
Airs: March 24

Courtesy to Dephender for the translation of the title.

Here are some summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender. There is also a new image from the episode.

nS4ugGT.jpg

The Master Class is a tougher competition than anything Serena has ever attempted before. As she makes her way through these passionate duels, she advances to the semifinals. But as she delivers her best ever performance before the audience, something happens!

From the image.

As Serena tried to land...
Serena has won her way to the semifinals of the Master Class Pokemon Showcase. But during a tense performance against Jessilee and Shauna where she can't even afford the tiniest mistake, something happens to her at the very end of her delivery.

Well, we finally have Aria against Serena in a Master Class Performance. Does anyone have any insight into who will win? I am struggling.

Well, we finally have Aria against Serena in a Master Class Performance. Does anyone have any insight into who will win? I am struggling.
Only those who have broken into TV Tokyo's HQ and stolen this episode........in other words, we don't.

So are we to assume that Serena wins part 1? :rolleyes: If I thought this arc couldn't get more asinine I think I've just been proven wrong (yet again).

So are we to assume that Serena wins part 1? :rolleyes: If I thought this arc couldn't get more asinine I think I've just been proven wrong (yet again).
What's wrong with her winning, do you want a repeat of May and Dawn again?

What's wrong with her winning, do you want a repeat of May and Dawn again?
She's only been working on this goal for a year. Sure, there was some training in late 2014, but her first Showcase was exactly a year ago.

Compare that to May's 3-year goal and Dawn's 4-year one.

She's only been working on this goal for a year. Sure, there was some training in late 2014, but her first Showcase was exactly a year ago.

Compare that to May's 3-year goal and Dawn's 4-year one.
I'm just sick of main characters losing all the time that's it, what's the point of the crying and haircut(big design change) if it resulted in almost nothing like the rest of the anime.

I admit she most probably won't win against Elle but people should want the main charcters to win not lose no matter what the circumstances that's all.

I'm just sick of main characters losing all the time that's it, what's the point of the crying and haircut(big design change) if it resulted in almost nothing like the rest of the anime.
It isn't a 0-1 game. Serena has gone a long way from not having a goal to facing Elle, so why would it all be a waste if she didn't become the next Kalos Queen? I think that most fans would agree that the writers are already overdoing Serena's progress.

If anyone "deserves" to win, it is Ash and yet I doubt he will for obvious reasons.

I admit she most probably won't win against Elle but people should want the main charcters to win not lose no matter what the circumstances that's all.
My better judgement tells me it's pointless responding to another fan deluded about the setup of the anime, but I find it hard to ignore the above proclamation.

Why shouldn't I want "a repeat of May and Dawn again"? I enjoyed both their quests and I'd much preferred to have seen a similar (obviously not repeated) story arc here. What makes you think every fan should want the main characters to always win? That's just total bullshit. I don't win at everything in life, I doubt you do either, nor anyone in this world. I'd much rather watch my favourite characters go through similar struggles with similar high aspirations and similar not-quite-as-good-as-hoped outcomes to me.

You implied that most of what the characters have achieved over the years is equivalent to "nothing" and don't want that ridiculous haircut to lead to the same outcome for Serena, but you've totally misunderstood the point. When people go through dramatic internal struggle what changes may not the be visible end outcome, but their character. That may mean accepting that you can't always win, rather than gaining a magical power-up that enables you to win next time no matter what.

I think if BW had the Pokemon Contests they probably would've lasted longer.

XY is moving on to the final parts and its 33 episodes from BW144.

This is baaaaaaad.

So this is the last Tripokalon episode in XY? The grand finale?

So will Aria be actually competing or does the winner of the Master Class have to face the previous Kalos Queen to claim the title? I'm also wondering whether this will be the wrap-up to Showcases. If that's true and the Master Class is done in a two-parter, then that's pretty sad. Like if the whole Showcase thing wasn't rushed enough already.

Well I never expected this whole performance thing to be extremely huge, I mean it's not like it's a worldwide thing that everyone in every region is looking forward to. It's more like a Miss America contest for popularity, and a crown. That's just my view.

It's pathetic that most of us have come to the conclusion(including me) that Serena won't win. Understandable since they've never let the main female protagonist successfully triumph at what she was aiming for. I honestly don't care at this point if her goal was half-assed or not. Is it too much to ask to see a main character actually be successful when it comes to their goal?

It's pathetic that most of us have come to the conclusion(including me) that Serena won't win. Understandable since they've never let the main female protagonist successfully triumph at what she was aiming for. I honestly don't care at this point if her goal was half-assed or not. Is it too much to ask to see a main character actually be successful when it comes to their goal?

I think this is my problem with the anime. There are tons of shows where the main cast is allowed to succede , but the Pokemon anime never lets any of its protagonists win a major competition. Ash has won smaller filler arcs like the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier, but neither he, May, or Dawn have won a truly major competition. Dawn came close, but ultimately, they can't let anyone win. Serena probably won't sadly and if she does, people here will probably accuse her of being a Mary Sue.

Dawn came close, but ultimately, they can't let anyone win. Serena probably won't sadly and if she does, people here will probably accuse her of being a Mary Sue.

I'll be honest, Musavi has always been my favourite when it comes to tripokalons, but I know I'll be one of the few completely fine/pleased if Serena were to win the whole thing. In fact, I want her to win even more now just to make the people here complaining even more bitter :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom