• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY111: Left and Right! The Kametete's Swaying Heart!!

Ridiculous. Way to waste time and money on a filler about lockpicking.

And not to mention this is the episode right before Master Class.

All we got is a few new characters of the day, and yeah, there was nothing new, but I'm pretty sure the Master Class next week will give us something that's worth it. We did see some of Xerosicy and Flare-dan for a little bit there with Zygarde, but other than that, the episode seemed boring to me.

Though this episode wasn't that interesting, I have to say it was a meh episode to me.

Moreover, seeing Binacle without its rock was really interesting. I thought this Pokemon is unable to move, but it can get out of its rock and move by its left and right head anywhere to look for a new rock just like Dwebble or Crustle.

I'm giving 4/10 for this episode.

Not much is interesting about the episode except for the beginning where we see Team Flair doing experiments on Zygarde. Most of the episode is about lock picking. Am I the only one who find it funny that Meowth was knocked out in one hit?

I think the anime writers have just given up for XY&Z. This episode was so stupid. Team Flare was completely wasted for a small bit of good plot that lasted 35 seconds, Knuckle's intents were beyond dumb, Greninja didn't get used like I hoped he would (he coulda been a lot more useful in that damn fire)....words just cannot describe how incredibly stupid this was. I tell people to just watch the first 35 seconds and then stop watching. This one sucked, end of story.

Please, Master Class Showcase, make me forget about this by the end of the month......

I agree with the general consensus, it was on the whole, a waste of time. To be honest, I had forgotten about this, I watched expecting the Master Class 2-parter to start, now I wish I could forget about it again

come on fillers have rarely even been good recently and shouldn't be used to judge the quality of a series.

Just proves how inconsistent XY&Z's episode quality has been. We either get an awesome plot-heavy episode every few weeks, or dreadful, coma-inducing fillers like this one. :/

Booooooring. Man, these last few episodes have really been lacking for me.
From XY107-XY108 to XY110. :(

Christ are you serious? Am I the only person who enjoyed this episode?
You people are just spoilt. Pure CotD fillers used to be the norm for much of our sorry lives. At least this one had some interesting CotDs with aims other than to level up their pokemon!

This episode's star quality is in its imaginative use of a really shitty looking pokemon. I mean, that's what the anime's for isn't it? Making unmarketable pokemon more attractive? I guess I also like a break from the main cast from time to time, and I found myself genuinely buying into the CotD/PotDs' relationships plus I felt some actual threat from that fire!

Ah well, you'll all get what you deserve from the master class.

You guys remember when the anime had episodes like this almost every other week?

I guess we've been spoiled with XY and XY&Z if we're complaining about COTD/POTD episodes, lol.

Don't worry, though. At least the next two episodes will build up on how Serena losses to Aria! :D :(

Christ are you serious? Am I the only person who enjoyed this episode?
You people are just spoilt. Pure CotD fillers used to be the norm for much of our sorry lives. At least this one had some interesting CotDs with aims other than to level up their pokemon!

This episode's star quality is in its imaginative use of a really shitty looking pokemon. I mean, that's what the anime's for isn't it? Making unmarketable pokemon more attractive? I guess I also like a break from the main cast from time to time, and I found myself genuinely buying into the CotD/PotDs' relationships plus I felt some actual threat from that fire!

Ah well, you'll all get what you deserve from the master class.
Aren't you the least bit bothered that instead, I don't know, showing Jessie winning some keys at some other place they simply put her here and had her attempt to steal more things yet again and then suddenly she will somehow have gained three Princess Keys by the next episode? Because I am. :/

You guys remember when the anime had episodes like this almost every other week?

I guess we've been spoiled with XY and XY&Z if we're complaining about COTD/POTD episodes, lol.

I do remember this, but most of them weren't this stupid or boring. Sad to have to break it to you...

Lol, the Master Class episodes will for sure be more boring than this. I mean that's basically two episodes dedicated to appeal rounds. That's what I'd call boring.

Aren't you the least bit bothered that instead, I don't know, showing Jessie winning some keys at some other place they simply put her here and had her attempt to steal more things yet again and then suddenly she will somehow have gained three Princess Keys by the next episode? Because I am. :/
I just can't bring myself to blame the atrocious planning of the Tripokalon arc on this harmless filler. The moment the dates for the master class was released the whole sham (particularly of how Musashi can be competing in it) became unsalvageable in my eyes. So no, I'm not really bothered anymore.
I do remember this, but most of them weren't this stupid or boring. Sad to have to break it to you...
Wow the rose-tinted glasses are strong in you my friend.

Huh. I kind of liked this specifically because it was about lockpicking. I don't remember them having used this concept before, and that's a big plus for any filler. Fires aren't used that much either to set up a dangerous situation for the CotD so it kind of stood out. The main problem here is that for some reason the designers thought it was okay to give a cape to a character that's supposed to burst into a burning building.

Huh. I kind of liked this specifically because it was about lockpicking. I don't remember them having used this concept before, and that's a big plus for any filler. Fires aren't used that much either to set up a dangerous situation for the CotD so it kind of stood out. The main problem here is that for some reason the designers thought it was okay to give a cape to a character that's supposed to burst into a burning building.
Also, the fire magically stopped spreading so the cape guy could have a pleasant chat with the old guy.

Also, why the heck do these firemen don't have any water Pokemon with them?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom