• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY117: The Forest's Curse and the White Bokurei!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY117: The Forest's Curse and the White Bokurei!
Airs: April 28

img_next160428.jpg

I would love if Ash caught this Phantump but sadly I highly doubt it. It would be a great final addition to his team and I don't see why not but since Kalos is coming to end, will they even give him a 6th member by the league or just use reserves? Either way I'm cool with it.

Wishful thinking here, but Ash needs to catch it. Not only would it be another shiny on his team, but he seriously needs a Grass-type AND he needs to have a first official Ghost-type. Besides, it would make a nice contrast to Jessie's Gourgeist. Though the problem I see is that, if Ash does catch it, how will he evolve it? Jessie did a trade/trade-back, but I doubt Ash will follow suit. Unless they go down the route of the Clampearl episode, where transferring it to the Pokemon center triggers the evolution, I'm not sure if Ash will be able to evolve it if he does catch it. But we shall see.

Ash really does need to capture a new Pokemon, but it really is wishful thinking since no signs of a shiny Phantump has appeared on any merchandise. I still want him to catch this for two reasons. He needs an official ghost type, and a second shiny would be cool.

I love to see Ash catch this. It seems like perfect timing to do so.

Hardly any scenes from the original M18 trailer made it to the actual movie. They just want to prevent spoilers if this is the case. They could easily change it, but I am doubtful of its capture.
Inb4 "Serena vs Elle"

If anything, I would want Serena to catch that Phantump. I mean, she still has only 3 Pokémon and a fourth one to her team would be nice even though her main quest involving Showcases is over and she would no longer participate in any Showcase on-screen or when she returns in the next series (My dear Iris, when will you return in the XY series and show us that Fraxure of your's, at least in a Pokéball; A Fraxure would be difficult to accommodate in your hair!). Anyways, I do hope that she is the one to catch it, as Ash already has a shiny Pokémon and it would be a good change if a main character other than Ash were to catch a shiny.

Last edited:
Not saying Phantump is a likely capture, but wasn't Eevee advertised for M19 despite evolving into Sylveon?

Just a thought, but I think we're getting a lot more shinies starring in XY and XY&Z. They're supposed to be rare, but we're getting shinies occasionally.

I wonder what "The Forest's Curse" actually refers to.

Well, Phantump and Trevenant both have their signature move Forest's Curse, which turns the opponent into a Grass-type. Although, the Japanese in the title compared to the Japanese in Forest's Curse's name are different. Maybe it's a joke/reference to the move, because there is some cursed forest in this episode, or it is just referring to Phantump having the aforementioned move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom