• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETED //Game Thread// Paragon: Rise of New World Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

frozen.palisades

Pro-crastinator
Reaction score
PURE (Town) WINS
btSF3E3.jpg

a @frozen.palisades and @Elieson production

//General Game Information//​
Original setup found below:
Semi-Nightless

2 Mafia Goons (the Tainted)
9 Vanilla Townies (the Pure)​

//Rules//​
1// This game has no outside of thread communication. Please do not consult anyone outside of the game.

2// This game is a mentor game. Each one of you will be paired with an experienced Mafia player, who will give you advice and strategic tips in your individual QuickTopic. If the two of you prefer Skype for communication, please add me (those-stars-in-your-eyes) and @Elieson (live:elieson) to your Skype chat. Mentors cannot post in the game thread.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CLAIM WHO YOUR MENTOR IS OR DISCUSS IT WITH ANYONE UNTIL AFTER THE END OF THE GAME. TYVM <3

3//This is a strictly vanilla game. Your only abilities are your vote and your keen (or lacking?) intellect.

4// There will be no Mafia factional kill on Night 1 and 2. The Mafia will have their factional kill starting Night 3.

5// Mafia have 24/7 chat. This is my preference. Mentors of the Mafia team will not be allowed to post in the Mafia QuickTopic.

6// I will not answer questions in the game thread. If you have any questions, please ask me via PM, Skype, or your individual QuickTopics.

7// Vote by posting ##Vote: User or Vote: User. Please use the proper formatting (bold, any color, just make sure it isn't black), and tag @Elieson so that he will be able to find your vote. You do not have to spell out the full name of the other player, but please make it clear who it is.

Votes will be deadline lynch (the wagon with the highest amount of votes will be lynched by the deadline). Votes postmarked by :00 will count, :01 and above will not.

7// Phases will be 36 hour days and 24 hour nights. The game will start on Monday, 3/28/16, at 12 AM Eastern Daylight Time (GMT+5). Night 1 and Night 2 will be 12 hours, even with the lack of night actions.

NO POSTING IS ALLOWED DURING NIGHT PHASES. One of the subforum mods will lock the thread, but if they do not get to it immediately, please do not take that as an invitation to post.

8// Game flavor is for fun (aka: there are no clues in the game flavor). I will occasionally be posting in Latin (from Google Translate), so if anyone actually knows Latin, I apologize beforehand for any terribleness.

9// There is an optional posting restriction, as detailed in your Role PM. You may at any point drop character, and you will not be penalized. HOWEVER, there is a posting restriction you must fulfill:
a minimum of 5 posts per day phase.

These posts must be content-filled (no yo, checking in, blah blah blah, my tooth hurts, my pet goldfish died, etcetera).

10// Be courteous and polite to other players and mentors. No personal attacks. This is a game focusing on improvement and growth in Mafia-playing ability.

11// Do not cite mod communication in an effort to make yourself appear to be one alignment or another. That is called angleshooting, and is a modkillable offense.

12// Rulebreaking will be punished with a replacement or a modkill.

Please do not discuss replacements or modkills. Do not refer to reasons for why someone replaced out/was modkilled, hypothetical or otherwise, because that is hypothesizing about mod decisions and therefore angleshooting.

13// Have fun!​

//Roster//

Magi-

1// @IGN replaced by @DrumBeats Pure lynched D1
2// @Zexy Pure survived to endgame
3// @lovandra Pure survived to endgame
4// @Slife Pure NKed N3
5// @Hellcrow Pure lynched D4
6// @leetic Tainted lynched D5
7// @Pikochu replaced by @Life Pure survived to endgame
8// @TheCapsFan Pure NKed N4
9// @7JayDee7 Pure lynched D2
10// @Doctor Floptopus Tainted lynched D3
11// @Jolty Febe replaced by @Kakashi Hatake Pure modkilled D4

Replacements-

1// @DrumBeats replaced @ IGN D1
2// @Life replaced @Pikochu D2
3// @Kakashi Hatake replaced @Jolty Febe EOD2

Mentors-

1// @FrogSC2
2// Visorslash
3// @Lissa
4// @Askthepizzaguy
5// Banks
6// Allundberg
7// @Clovdyx
8// @bopolis
9// @Beck
10// effen
11// @Stork

Reserve-

1//

Spectators-

1// Alette
2// AussieEevee
3// mariowie
4// Maniacal Engineer
5// Daleks_Exterminate
6// NAC
7// alannalynn
8//​

//Sample Role PMs//

//Pure// Vanilla Townie​

Welcome, Elieson, you are Pure.

Abilities//

Your weapon is your vote and your keen intellect (or lack thereof). You have no night actions.

Win condition//

You win when all Mafia have been eliminated.
//Tainted// Mafia Goon
Welcome, frozen.palisades. You are Tainted, along with your partner Alette.

Abilities//

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partner here [QuickTopic link]
Factional kill: From Night 3 onward, one of you or your partner may perform the factional kill.

Win condition//

You win when you reach equal numbers with town.

Rules have been updated, and Sample Role PMs have been posted. Please familiarize yourself with the above information.
Mentor and Mentee pairs:

1// @DrumBeats and @Lissa
2// @Zexy and Banks
3// @lovandra and Allundberg
4// @Slife and @Clovdyx
5// @Hellcrow and @Askthepizzaguy
6// @leetic and Visorslash
7// @Life and @Beck
8// @TheCapsFan and @Stork
9// @7JayDee7 and effen
10// @Doctor Floptopus and @FrogSC2
11// @Kakashi Hatake and @bopolis

Graveyard:

QuickTopic link

Skype join link

Mafia Chat:

QuickTopic link

Mentor/Mentee chats will be shared at the discretion of each mentor/mentee pair. Up to you guys to share them.

IT IS NIGHT. DO NOT POST.

Last edited:
Start of Day 1: Printempa
//DAY ONE//

Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming!

uOq0CKi.jpg

Magic resonates thick in the spring air, diffusing with the sweet scent of flowers and the laughter of voices. It is a beautiful day, made even more charming by the lovely tapestry of the azure sky that is lightly wreathed with clouds.

But what is that?

The faint smell of crimson that seems to tinge the air with an acrid, iron taste?

Dark magic, forbidden to all.

Flos, florum, putribus malum et manducent quod intrauit istum mundum.

GRIMOIRE: Entry #1

healm__s_magic_circle_by_kochamswinki.jpg

//Printempa//

Meaning spring in Esperanto, this magic is the reason for La Folia's title, "Beauty of the Spring".

Printempa gives La Folia control over growth and rebirth. She can grow and resurrect all living or once living things. Plants, animals, people, bacteria, anything as long as a portion of its remains, well, remain. This growth is not limited by what the organism would have grown to naturally, but instead, can be pushed to new heights and sizes.

Once Printempa affects an organism, La Folia can then manipulate and maneuver the organism to do her bidding. Humans and animals have wills of their own, so Printempa cannot manipulate them.

This magic is a constant one. Even though La Folia keeps most of Printempa under control, wherever she walks, flowers spring up underneath her feet, because of the overflow of the magic.
Magi-

1// @IGN
2// @Zexy
3// @lovandra
4// @Slife
5// @Hellcrow
6// @leetic
7// @Pikochu
8// @TheCapsFan
9// @7JayDee7
10// @Doctor Floptopus
11// @Jolty Febe

Replacements-

1// @DrumBeats

Mentors-

1// @FrogSC2
2// Visorslash
3// @Lissa
4// @Askthepizzaguy
5// Banks
6// Allundberg
7// Chris
8// @bopolis
9// @Beck
10// effen
11// @Stork

IT IS DAY. YOU MAY POST.

Time until End of Day 1

First post, huh?
So, here's something I've been thinking about. Seeing as this is an educational game, why don't we use it to reinforce (or for some of you, learn) a basic idea of Mafia, especially vanilla games: Every vote counts. Therefore, there will be no excuses for joke votes. If you place a vote, you are declaring you are willing to lynch that person and will provide reason should you choose to retract or switch. Now, this is not intended to be against joke votes or RVS. But let it be known that, should you agree to this, you will be held accountable for all your votes and the positions you take. If you agree to operate under these conditions, like this post, otherwise please explain why you disagree.

Interesting first post you make there, Rabbit. I'll like your post even though it's probably just a scam to get you more likes. Seems to be an adequate deal to keep the focus on the game, but you could be using it as a scapegoat down the road to get yourself out of trouble.

I wonder if you will take on the other side of Rabbit we're not used to seeing on this forum.

Interesting first post you make there, Rabbit. I'll like your post even though it's probably just a scam to get you more likes. Seems to be an adequate deal to keep the focus on the game, but you could be using it as a scapegoat down the road to get yourself out of trouble.

I wonder if you will take on the other side of Rabbit we're not used to seeing on this forum.
Other side? Now you've intrigued me. :p Anyway, could you explain more about how my calling for people to have more accountability for their actions could be a potential way to get myself out of trouble later?

Other side? Now you've intrigued me. :p Anyway, could you explain more about how my calling for people to have more accountability for their actions could be a potential way to get myself out of trouble later?

As in the MafiaUniverse, NOC Rabbit. Where you're much more vocal and get yourself killed D1 *looks at the one game I played there*

I don't really know. It just feels like an ultimatum. If you find a vote that looks scummy later, and someone justifies it, you'd just remind them of this post. Just smells a little fishy, that's all.

As in the MafiaUniverse, NOC Rabbit. Where you're much more vocal and get yourself killed D1 *looks at the one game I played there*

I don't really know. It just feels like an ultimatum. If you find a vote that looks scummy later, and someone justifies it, you'd just remind them of this post. Just smells a little fishy, that's all.
Interesting. I think you're confusing me with Zexy[ :p

I see. Don't you mean if someone doesn't justify their vote, however? And I'm asking people to agree or explain why, if they do agree, then fail to live up to it, I think it's fair to call them out for that, no?

Pretty sure you were my mason buddy in that game
My apologies, but I'm not going to be around much today, as I'm travelling. I'll let you know my internet situation when I get there.

Anyway, I agree with rabbit on this matter. Since there's not even a cop or doc, our only weapon is our vote. I'll be voting later, or my vote'll probably be kept for too long.

Welcome, frozen.palisades. You are Tainted, along with your partner Alette.

Abilities//

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partner here [QuickTopic link]
Factional kill: From Night 3 onward, one of you or your partner may perform the factional kill.

Win condition//

You win when you reach equal numbers with town.

I've been on bastard mafia when host is stated as part of scum fraction and really-really part of scum party.

So for now:
vote: frozen.palisades

Will keep this vote until it's stated otherwise. I'm not capable of joke-voting.

I hope this counts as a meaningful post

I think TheCapsFan and Hellcrow are both suspicous. I agree with TheCapsFan to an extent about Hellcrow, but I think it's questionable that someone would attack someone for a reason so early on, though owing to the fact that this game is a learning technique perhaps it's called for.

I hope this counts as a meaningful post

I think TheCapsFan and Hellcrow are both suspicous. I agree with TheCapsFan to an extent about Hellcrow, but I think it's questionable that someone would attack someone for a reason so early on, though owing to the fact that this game is a learning technique perhaps it's called for.
When did I say people had to attack someone? My point was that votes count, and that if you make a vote, for any reason, you should be willing to keep it or explain why you want to change.

Well, just posting to say I'm here. As only a few people have posted, reading them is hard. I don't really see the point of the no joke-votes rule. And really, without them, we don't really go anywhere so...

VOTE: Hellcrow

Let's generate some discussion. How do you defend yourself, Hellcrow?

Well, just posting to say I'm here. As only a few people have posted, reading them is hard. I don't really see the point of the no joke-votes rule. And really, without them, we don't really go anywhere so...

VOTE: Hellcrow

Let's generate some discussion. How do you defend yourself, Hellcrow?
*sigh* Again, that isn't a no-joke-votes rule. It's simply stating that people should treat their votes with a little respect and be willing to hold onto them unless they have good reason not to. I'm not saying that you can't joke vote, or vote for pressure like you're doing, but that you should be willing to keep your vote to phase end at the time you make it or explain why you're changing your mind.

*sigh* Again, that isn't a no-joke-votes rule. It's simply stating that people should treat their votes with a little respect and be willing to hold onto them unless they have good reason not to. I'm not saying that you can't joke vote, or vote for pressure like you're doing, but that you should be willing to keep your vote to phase end at the time you make it or explain why you're changing your mind.
So, are you willing to keep your vote on me?

Still, if we don't have joke/pressure votes early on, where do we start? We need to start somewhere on D1 and pressure votes are a good place to start, lest we waste D1 (and not wasting D1 is especially important in a game like this one without power roles). Keeping my vote on you because you have not given me a reason to think that you are town.

Still, if we don't have joke/pressure votes early on, where do we start? We need to start somewhere on D1 and pressure votes are a good place to start, lest we waste D1 (and not wasting D1 is especially important in a game like this one without power roles). Keeping my vote on you because you have not given me a reason to think that you are town.
Which is why I'm not arguing against having joke/pressure votes, I'm arguing against people being allowed to go without being held to their votes at all, slipping out of them without being challenged. Every vote should be held until you can explain why you're retracting or switching, that's all I'm saying

First post, huh?
So, here's something I've been thinking about. Seeing as this is an educational game, why don't we use it to reinforce (or for some of you, learn) a basic idea of Mafia, especially vanilla games: Every vote counts. Therefore, there will be no excuses for joke votes. If you place a vote, you are declaring you are willing to lynch that person and will provide reason should you choose to retract or switch. Now, this is not intended to be against joke votes or RVS. But let it be known that, should you agree to this, you will be held accountable for all your votes and the positions you take. If you agree to operate under these conditions, like this post, otherwise please explain why you disagree.
First off, I agree that every vote counts. However, I'm also curious how you plan to hold accountability for, if not outright enforce, this. Reckless or unjustified voting isn't necessarily outright scumtell as it also applies to bad/anti-town behavior (at least in the context of this site). So with that said, would you be willing to say, vote, for someone who refuses to follow these guidelines over a more indicative scummy player or if said player is exhibiting otherwise townie behavior?

First off, I agree that every vote counts. However, I'm also curious how you plan to hold accountability for, if not outright enforce, this. Reckless or unjustified voting isn't necessarily outright scumtell as it also applies to bad/anti-town behavior (at least in the context of this site). So with that said, would you be willing to say, vote, for someone who refuses to follow these guidelines over a more indicative scummy player or if said player is exhibiting otherwise townie behavior?
I'm not going to go after people for reckless, or even unjustified voting. I'm going to challenge them if they back off or change their votes without explanation, to make them accountable for placing a vote. Of course, if they otherwise look townish and/or another player is more clearly scummy, I'll note that as well, but I won't ignore this.

I'm not going to go after people for reckless, or even unjustified voting. I'm going to challenge them if they back off or change their votes without explanation, to make them accountable for placing a vote. Of course, if they otherwise look townish and/or another player is more clearly scummy, I'll note that as well, but I won't ignore this.

Um, if someone uses a joke vote or a pressure vote on someone, it should be obvious why they're taken back. I don't really get what you are trying to say at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom