• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY118: Satoshi VS Champion Carnet! VS Mega Sirnight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Xy118: Satoshi VS Champion Carnet! VS Mega Sirnight!!
Airs: May 5

Here is a summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

Ash and his friends continue their journey towards Snowbelle City in order to get the final badge. But then, the Kalos region's champion Diantha comes by. According to Diantha, there is a prophecy saying that a crisis will strike the Kalos region in the near future. She then goes on to tell them that when that happens, Ash and his friends are the ones holding the key to it all.

Yeah, it's real I believe, Dephender just posted it on Serebii and we have a summary as well
May 4th: XY&Z025 - Ash VS Champion Diantha! VS Mega Gardevoir!!
Ash and his friends continue their journey towards Snowbelle City in order to get the final badge. But then, the Kalos region's champion Diantha comes by. According to Diantha, there is a prophecy saying that a crisis will strike the Kalos region in the near future. She then goes on to tell them that when that happens, Ash and his friends are the ones holding the key to it all.

Yay, something pertaining to the main plot. I hope Diantha and her Gardevoir will play a significant part in it.

How vomit-inducing. Why do they insist on shoving this chosen-one role down our throats?

Let's see. M02 has Ash as the chosen one. The DP series has him chosen by Azelf. And he is chosen by Reshiram/Zekrom in M14. He's the chosen one for many things, but isn't allowed to win a league?

So this pretty much continues on from the last XY episode. I could see Professor Sycamore appear, as it's most likely he forwarded the information on from Olympia.

So...after XY106, we got some bunch of filler before the writers get back to the main arc.

"Hey guys, now that our own filler concept is over, let's return to our action!"

Wasting too much time only for this makes them got carried away from what fans really wanted to see now.

Although Serena's Master Class arc wasn't that bad, unfortunately the timing is not perfect on schedule. Besides they did an overwhelming duty of creating just to give fanservices to please them (I'm talking about fanservice in literal perspective). It's not wrong, however again on a wrong timing.

So...after XY106, we got some bunch of filler before the writers get back to the main arc.

"Hey guys, now that our own filler concept is over, let's return to our action!"

Wasting too much time only for this makes them got carried away from what fans really wanted to see now.

Although Serena's Master Class arc wasn't that bad, unfortunately the timing is not perfect on schedule. Besides they did an overwhelming duty of creating just to give fanservices to please them (I'm talking about fanservice in literal perspective). It's not wrong, however again on a wrong timing.
You do realise the Ash vs Alan episode coming up is also part of the main arc as well as we are going to learn more about Ash- Greninja in that episode as well as a Alan rematch so that episode might be more important, development wise than this one in the end. And there hasn't been too much filler recently aside from 2-3 episodes.

This could be fun to watch. Wonder how much the plot progresses here, though...

You do realise the Ash vs Alan episode coming up is also part of the main arc as well as we are going to learn more about Ash- Greninja in that episode as well as a Alan rematch so that episode might be more important, development wise than this one in the end. And there hasn't been too much filler recently aside from 2-3 episodes.

I admit the episode was there. Even so, does it guarantee the Team Flare arc would be presented importantly at the battle? Not much as I remembered. And when you're mentioning Ash-Greninja, that's the thing I only agree from.

Thing is, such a rush to complete XY series can be a pain in their brains, let alone improving. My worry was it may cause a huge plot collapse which disappointing almost everyone.

Oh, I almost forgot, let's take a look at the list:

107 - Filler
108 - Not Filler
109 - Between it. Lean to Yup.
110 - Filler
111 & 112 - Not Filler
113 - Filler
114 - Filler
115 - Between it. Lean to Nope
116 - Filler

See the 5 fillers outnumbering the important part? Man, it's exaggeration.

I admit the episode was there. Even so, does it guarantee the Team Flare arc would be presented importantly at the battle? Not much as I remembered. And when you're mentioning Ash-Greninja, that's the thing I only agree from.

Thing is, such a rush to complete XY series can be a pain in their brains, let alone improving. My worry was it may cause a huge plot collapse which disappointing almost everyone.

107 - Filler
108 - Not Filler
110 - Filler
111 & 112 - Not Filler
113 - Filler
114 - Filler
116 - Filler

See the 5 fillers outnumbering the important part? Man, it's exaggeration.
Just asking, how do calculate something as filler? Is it based on how much it is relevant to the main plot(in this case TF) as any evolution episode or episode to do with Ash-Greninja or Alan is pretty much non-filler as it adds to the main plot especially the latter two.

And how is the Flare plot going to be rushed especially when we are going to get some Flare sub-plot from time to time with the upcoming Ash and Alan episode guaranteed to have plenty of Flare like the previous Alan episode. Plus episode 18 also had a Flare scene to start the episode. They really only need 1 to 2 more flare focused episodes before the climax to create a well developed build up.

Just asking, how do calculate something as filler? Is it based on how much it is relevant to the main plot(in this case TF) as any evolution episode or episode to do with Ash-Greninja or Alan is pretty much non-filler as it adds to the main plot especially the latter two.

And how is the Flare plot going to be rushed especially when we are going to get some Flare sub-plot from time to time with the upcoming Ash and Alan episode guaranteed to have plenty of Flare like the previous Alan episode. Plus episode 18 also had a Flare scene to start the episode. They really only need 1 to 2 more flare focused episodes before the climax to create a well developed build up.

They don't call it XYZ for no reason though...

Episode 18 has it, yes. But what does it say too us apart from them planning something big and deviant? It's not like we haven't seen this scene.

Sub plots maybe easy to please as it brings great service, but I'm not as easy as it can be. I find it lacking guidance and the Z-Factor (no pun intended), at least for now. Like you said, 1 or 2 TF plots could be my another agreement to your statement. It adds more, rather than just 30 seconds of showing Xerosic testing Z2 or Lysandre talking viciously only to be transmitted into another non-related story.

107 - Filler
108 - Not Filler
110 - Filler
111 & 112 - Not Filler
113 - Filler
114 - Filler
116 - Filler

Well, I look at it like this.

XY107: Filler
XY108: Serena received her third Princess Key and heard of the Glorio City Master Class.
XY109: Noibat evolved and learned a new move.
XY110: New scene of Xerosic performing tests on Z2, which will most likely lead to something later on.
XY111: Master Class Pokemon Showcase Part 1.
XY112: Master Class Pokemon Showcase Part 2.
XY113: Filler, although there could have been a bit of character development for Clemont and/or Bonnie.
XY114: Hasn't aired yet, can't say it's a filler without seeing all of it and it could give Serena some character development.
XY115: How the heck could that be a filler when Ash and Greninja get their rings/bracelets and Greninja might perfect it's Ash-Greninja form.
XY116: We'll have to wait and see, it's too early to tell.

So from the XY107 to the latest episode, there's probably only been 2 fillers at the most.

So it looks like that this is going to be a major plot related episode, as well as a battle with Diantha. I figure Sycamore told Diantha about everything Olympia told him. Anyway, this does look like it could be a great episode! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THOUGH, USE DIANTHA'S BATTLE THEME!

Whatchu talking about? there have only been 3 or 4 fillers since then... and the anime has always been this way, there were long gaps between these plots, do you remember TM/TA and TG from AG/DP? I think we're getting a bit spoiled, mmm...

EDIT: wow looking at your other post, you classified the Noibat evolution episode and Greninjash vs Zard X as fillers!? what's your criteria? lol...

So it looks like that this is going to be a major plot related episode, as well as a battle with Diantha. I figure Sycamore told Diantha about everything Olympia told him. Anyway, this does look like it could be a great episode! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THOUGH, USE DIANTHA'S BATTLE THEME!
Yes to this. Writers, if Ash won't win the league, at least show us an epic battle between him and the champion with awesome music playing in the background.

Official prediction - Diantha wins. Ash has never won against a champion so I doubt he starts now.

Writers, if Ash won't win the league, at least show us an epic battle between him and the champion with awesome music playing in the background.

Ash may have some advantage if he uses Greninja, but a Water/Dark vs. a Psychic/Fairy makes it very even. Using that might help him break out of the idiot hero status he's been stuck with since the Unova League, but who knows.

Official prediction - Diantha wins. Ash has never won against a champion so I doubt he starts now.

Excluding Koga, Ash was never even able to beat an Elite Four member, so I have doubt he'll beat Diantha, even if this is one on one with Ash-Greninja vs. Mega Gardevoir. Ash can't even win a league (and if he has a shot, cue the Tobias expy), so this is his only shot of a champion battle for awhile, even with the Foregone Conclusion that he loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom