• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY120: Eisetsu Gym Battle! Battlefield of Ice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY120: Eisetsu Gym Battle! Battlefield of Ice!!
Airs: May 19

Here are some images from the episode.

eT1SXs2.jpg

Courtesy to Dephender for the translation of the title.

O thy episode makers! Please let Ash battle Wulfric in a 3-on-3 battle than a 2-0n-2 one. It's the last Kalos Gym battle and Ash has already had a 2-on-2 battle with Valerie and Olympia (albeit, a Double battle). I don't want a third one in a row.

According to Dephender, the magazine mentions Ash Greninja having four battles ahead of it, with this being the last of the batch. So this will be a 3vs3 match (or 3vs2, but I doubt it) and Ash Greninja will be the star.

If it loses to Mega Charizard, Mega Gardevoir and Mega Sceptile, winning against a regular Abomasnow won't be very impressive. And why highlight Abomsanow over Avalugg unless the former Mega Evolves? But there is no hint of a Mega Stone.

Here are some summaries and bits of information from the episode, courtesy of Dephender. There are also new images of the episode.

vFd8oXD.png
bDVNp8C.png

From the first image.

Ash & Greninja. The 4 battles of their trial!!

Four incredible opponents stand in the way of Ash, who has his aim at competing in the Kalos League! Together with Greninja, he takes on these four battles:

* The Mega Trainer aiming to be the strongest!
Alain & Mega Charizard

* The Kalos Region Champion!
Dianatha and Mega Gardevoir

* The Intelligent Trainer!
Sawyer and Sceptile

* The Gym Leader of Snowbelle Gym!
Wulfric and Abomsnow

Ash Greninja holds the key!
Will he be able to master this power that's shrouded in mystery!?

From the second image.

Battle 4: Wulfric and Abomasnow

Ash challenges Wulfric of the Snowbelle Gym for the 8th badge. He has to go up against a full lineup of tough Ice type Pokémon!

"Come on, try melting my ice!"

Heavyweighter Pokémon stand in Ash's way!
All of the massive Wulfric's Pokémon are super heavy!? Ash challenges Avalugg with his Hawlucha, which has a type advantage. But...

Abomasnow attacks with Wood Hammer while jumping! It seems to smash the entire ground!!

Ughhh, another ace Abomasnow from the looks of this. I wouldn't be surprised if it Mega Evolves.
Still, we already know that Talonflame will be there and now Hawlucha and Greninja too, so it's not a 2v2 for once. No sign of Noivern either, he and his Flying/Dragon buttocks have no business being here anyway.

I don't know why some people expected Noivern to battle, it's so weak against this gym.

I was expecting Talonflame would star here but now it seems Greninja, fine anyway.

At last, finally! This better not be a letdown, considering how long we've been waiting for this.

Ugh, sounds like Greninja is starring here. I'm disappointed, I hoped Talonflame would be able to star on his own here. I hope he gets at least one win though.

I don't know why some people expected Noivern to battle, it's so weak against this gym.

So was Hawlucha against Valerie's Gym, and yet he was used and won anyway. :rolleyes:

So was Hawlucha against Valerie's Gym, and yet he was used and won anyway. :rolleyes:

On one hand, that's true. But on the other hand, Noivern/Onvern would have a double weakness in the Snowbelle/Eisetsu Gym (Both Dragon and Flying are weak to Ice), while Hawlucha/Luchabull only had a single weakness in the Laverre/Kunoe Gym (Fighting takes double damage from Fairy, Flying takes normal damage)

Pikachu not being used in the final gym is a (very pleasant!) shock. After it was the star back to back for the first 3 gyms it seems so strange to see it take a backseat to Satoshi's birds consistently for the last few gyms. I like! Hopefully everyone goes home with a win in this match.

Sad that Fiarrow probably won't star here, but I love the fact that Satoshi's regional bird was in 7/8 gyms this saga <3

I honestly do wish Noivern was in the gym. Hawlucha, Greninja, and Talonflame have been in most of the gyms. Poor Noivern...
Perhaps he's going to play a crucial role in a league battle like Gible did, who knows?

Greninja, Talonflame and Hawlucha are perfect for this battle. Guess Pikachu would be sitting this one out along with Noivern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom