• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY118: Satoshi VS Champion Carnet! VS Mega Sirnight!!

Lol at Ash trying to jump from one branch to another, and failing. xD And of course he wasn't going to beat Greninja in running back towards the rest of the gang xD

Okay, that was absolutely amazing. Can't believe Satoshi-Greninja almost beat Mega Gardevoir. Well, unfortunately he collapsed during the battle.
TR part was unnecessary lol.
Still 10/10.

When Carnet was grilling them about Zygarde and Eureka pipes up and you're thinking "Oh shiiiiiiii-" but she actually just says "HEY Satoshi's got this great Geckouga wanna see it?!" :p

Great battle anyway, especially after the commercial break with the XY&Z instrumental pumping in the bg, aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. That moment when he grew & threw that massive water shuriken was so satisfying. I'm not convinced that Satoshi did nearly win it though. I think the purpose of the Sirknight-breaking-out-of-TRio's-bond thing was to show that it was not working to full power and could have ratched it up even further.

I am really starting to grow weary of Geckouga wedging itself between Pikachu and his Pikapi. How dare Satoshi ask about it and not Pikachu on reviving?!

HOLY SHIT, that battle was amazing I was literally on the edge of my seat the whole time and the final moments where Ash went even further with Greninja were amazing and I have never seen him this determined in a battle in freaking ages.

Also at the end of the episode Diantha says that she "Plans on challenging Ash at the league".

All in all a solid 10/10 episode.

Wow, I can't believe that Ash actually stood a chance against Diantha. If he didn't pass out, he might've won! Hm?

Paul challenged Cynthia to a full battle, but her Garchomp curb-stomped half of his team before he gave up in anger. Even without Mega Evolution (which had yet to be introduced), Paul stood no chance. Same against Brandon and his Regis, whom Ash was able to beat. Ash did very well in Sinnoh, and even managed to beat Paul. He could've gotten the chance to have a rematch with Cynthia had it not been for Tobias.

I'd love to see a full battle between Ash and Diantha one day; even if Ash loses (which is guarantied), a 6/5 would still be quite impressive (provided Ash gets a sixth Pokémon or, like in Sinnoh, brings back some of his older Pokémon), with a climatic battle between Mega Gardevoir and either Mega Charizard Y or Ash-Greninja. It is just too bad some Tobias-like Gary Stu has a 99% chance of taking that away from him.

Of course, they make Ash look OP again. I still think Diantha, the champion, would shitstomp Ash with Moonblast. I think she was just using a not very effective Shadow Ball to reduce Greninja's special defense. And if she had gone all out, Ash would've been obliterated. At the Kalos league, I imagine him getting defeated by someone like Alain or even Sawyer, or a new league rival.

Of course, they make Ash look OP again. I still think Diantha, the champion, would shitstomp Ash with Moonblast. I think she was just using a not very effective Shadow Ball to reduce Greninja's special defense. And if she had gone all out, Ash would've been obliterated. At the Kalos league, I imagine him getting defeated by someone like Alain or even Sawyer, or a new league rival.
Nothing new, they've being doing this for the most of XY, it's pretty much become his glory saga tbh.

I finally saw this episode and I have to say best episode by far! This was a massive step-up from last week's train wreck and bruh Greninja and Gardevoir going ham on each other like it was life or death, especially during the last moments oh boy! So from since episode 13 team flare been doing work huh, ironic because the Dub coming next week is getting that episode so definitely looking forward to how that's going to be played out.

Oh man, I haven't felt this pumped up from an anime battle in years. The choreography of it all was simply splendid. Gave myself a big smirk at TR's faces when Gardevoir broke its bonds.

In this episode TRio logic(has been going on since the beginning of the series so...) :
Discovers a unique and rare Greninja that can push a champion's pokemon into a corner, still attemps to catch the mega gardevoir when they're is tons of trainers with mega gardevoir with one ash-greninja
LOGIC

All in all the battle was awesome liked Olympia's appearance instead of being a flash back. It had awesome battle animation and the Greninja windy hair animation
looked nice (if anyone saw it).... All in all great episode(y) I give five gold stars

10/10 (especially the TRio logic considering ash was down, they had a clear shot to catch him).... 11/10

In this episode TRio logic(has been going on since the beginning of the series so...) :
Discovers a unique and rare Greninja that can push a champion's pokemon into a corner, still attemps to catch the mega gardevoir when they're is tons of trainers with mega gardevoir with one ash-greninja
LOGIC

All in all the battle was awesome liked Olympia's appearance instead of being a flash back. It had awesome battle animation and the Greninja windy hair animation
looked nice (if anyone saw it).... All in all great episode(y) I give five gold stars

10/10 (especially the TRio logic considering ash was down, they had a clear shot to catch him).... 11/10
We're talking about Team Rocket here. Going after a truly one-of-a-kind Greninja instead of a Mega Gardevoir, which can't be the only one, would be a smart move. Therefore, not a move TR would make.

OH MY GOD! That battle was so amazing! Ash...ALMOST defeated Diantha. THE CHAMPION! I am shocked that he almost did. Seems like he fainted again, which honestly makes me believe this will happen again when he battles Sawyer and Wulfric.

Outstanding episode!

OH MY GOD! That battle was so amazing! Ash...ALMOST defeated Diantha. THE CHAMPION! I am shocked that he almost did. Seems like he fainted again, which honestly makes me believe this will happen again when he battles Sawyer and Wulfric.

Outstanding episode!

Not sure about Sawyer, but Wulfric....

I think that is going to end up happening.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom