• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S19 EP12: Party Dancecapades!

Lol, this was great. Hilarious character interactions along with an evolution.

I loved Pancham and Braxien fighting over who got brushed first. It gave me such older sister, younger brother vibes and I loved it. Their facial expressions were priceless and it almost makes me wish they had more little spats like that more often. Better than anything Pancham's "rivalry" with Chespin that's for sure.

Nice that they're continuing to show Eevee's bond with Bunnelby. Though, I really kind of wish Serena would have instantly suggested to have Eevee partner with Bunnelby rather than Ash and Clemont having to suggest it first. Though it was funny how nervous Clemont was about being Serena's date.

Geez, why does Miette like teasing Serena about her crush on Ash so much? It's kind of weird, but whatever; Serena's facial expression and screaming when Miette asked Ash to be her partner was hilarious. But honestly, what was Miette going to do if Serena and co. didn't go to that party? She needed to have a guy to dance with her and with Showcases being female only, it's not likely that some random guy would have just shown up by himself. It almost seemed like Miette went there knowing Serena would come just to try to get to Ash and make her jealous. That's how I felt about it at least:p Anyway, this party is awesome! They give you a huge selection of beautiful FREE dresses to wear. I'd love to go to a party like that:) Slurpuff is so cute. I love how much she acts so bold with Pikachu, kind of like Miette towards Ash. And speaking of Ash and Miette, lol, at him getting stuck carrying her clothes. Aw, Bunnelby's so sweet, talking to nervous little Eevee.

I loved the scene where Serena and Aria smile and acknowledge each other. I guess Aria figures Serena must have realized it was her in disguise way back then. Am I the only one who found her and Pierre dancing together kind of weird. I mean, he does seem quite a bit older than her. Anyway, lol, Clemont is so nervous, but his bunny is not. Relax, Clemont, it's just Serena. Eevee prancing around Bunnelby was so cute, but why wasn't he dancing? Lol, looks like Psyduck is a pretty bad dancer. I kind of wish Braxien and Panacham would have danced together on the side. That could have made for some more hilarious interactions like in the beginning of the episode. OMG, what were Jigglypuff and Marill doing rolling around? That's not dancing. Slurpuff and Pika danicng was funny, but Ash being a complete and utter fail was the best. Bet you wish you didn't pick him now, Miette. Aw, Bunnelby and Eevee's bunny hop dance was cute.

Idk why I was so entranced by that Sneasel dancing. Eevee dancing with Furret was cute though. Oh no, please Ash, don't hurt the Kalos Queen with your crap dancing. Lol, Clemont's still nervous. OMGLOL#POORSERENA. Seriously though, she already wanted to dance with Ash from the start, he was taken away by Miette, then right when Serena gets the opportunity to dance with him, dance time is over. I actually felt bad for for. Welp, guess it's battle time. Aw, Eevee don't wanna fight.

Eevee's evolution into Sylveon was beautiful and so unique. I love how she grew out one of her feelers to connect with Serena before evolving. Makes sense seeing as Sylveon needs high affection to evolve. Don't really mind all that much that she didn't know a Fairy-type move beforehand. The battle as a whole could have been better though. Serena literally only had Eevee use Swift during the first half of the battle and then Fairy wind after evolving. No Protect or Double Team at all, both of which would have been really useful when Miette and James were spamming them with attacks. Miette spamming Enegy ball was pretty lame too. Though I did like how Sylveon utilized her dancing skills to dodge attacks again. I honestly thought they might forget about that.
I liked Bunnelby talking to Sylveon after the battle. Can't really tell if Sylveon is still shy or not, but regardless, I hope nothing will change in her relationship with Bunnelby. And I really liked how Aria was talking to Sensei Palermo about Serena and Sylveon.

Aw, Sylveon holding Serena's arm at the end was cute. Sylveon is my least favorite Eeveelution, but maybe seeing Serna's will get me to warm up to it. Overall, a really nice episode. 8/10.

Before I go and watch this dubbed like I promised myself, is Meloetta's song still there? I personally loved that little nod.

It was a good episode I have to say, but unfortunately Ash read the title card alone in the dub without Clemont and Serena. That's really a shame. In Japanese version, Clemont reads "Ash and Serena!" first, then Ash reads "Getting One" second, and Serena reads "at the Dance Party! third and last, while in dub Ash is reading the whole title himself without Clemont and Serena. I lik,e Serena's expressions during the scenes, she was acting really funny! 9/10 for this episode.

This was a fun one. Nice change of pace with all the seriousness happening in XY&Z.

So the beginning was a bit awkward, but the episode recovered from it pretty quickly. I actually do like the idea of Monsieur Pierre holding a dance party, although the gang is really lucky that he just happened to be holding it at a location they could reach easily. I actually like how Serena asked Clemont to be her date because she was obviously way too nervous to ask Ash, and it definitely made for some very funny moments later when Miette asked Ash to be her date and Serena got super angry. To be honest, though, I really do appreciate that Serena went with Clemont because Serena-Clemont is the only human character relationship that hasn't really been addressed all that much in the series, and I'd honestly like to see a little more conversation between the two of them in general.

There were a bunch of cute little moments that make this episode really fun - mostly characters' facial expressions. Clemont was great when he was majorly leaving his comfort zone while dancing, and Pikachu's reactions both to Slurpuff's bow and to Ash's failed attempt at dancing were nice additions. In addition, James's face on the VS screen right before the battle made me laugh out loud. However... I call shenanigans on four of the main characters getting involved in the battle, and also on Ash just somehow being partnered with Serena. I think it would have made much more sense if only the Performers got the cards, and then Serena and Miette had ended up in a battle against Jessie and some other girl. What if none of the Performers had been the ones chosen? Given that the party was for Performers in the first place, that would've been such a letdown.

Of course the music would stop right as Serena is getting ready to dance with Ash. Actually, this brings up something else I wanted to mention: usually, an overabundance of AmourShipping hints just gets obnoxious, but this is one of those AmourShipping episodes that actually works - meaning that the hints aren't overdone. There are some episodes where the writers go WAY over the line with pushing hints between Ash and Serena, to the point where it just detracts from the plot, and I was afraid that this episode would be the same, but it wasn't, and I appreciate that. Everything in the way of the characters' actions and reactions makes sense and the creators didn't shoehorn things in there just for the sake of it. Props for that.

Eevee's evolution, love it! Serena's speech to Eevee about being her strength was wonderful, especially how she repeated Aria's advice to her from the time when Fennekin evolved. Also, Clemont, get real. It was NOT a surprising evolution, did you really think Eevee was gonna evolve into a Pokémon that wasn't native to Kalos? The battle seemed to me to have a lot of parallels to the battle with Ash, Tierno, Serena, and Shauna way back when, but maybe that was intentional. It was fun to watch and it was also nice to see some of Miette's ingenuity since we've never really seen her battle that much.

Anyway, like I said, this episode was fun. 9/10.

Before I go and watch this dubbed like I promised myself, is Meloetta's song still there? I personally loved that little nod.
Nope, it's gone. To give credit to the dub though, the piece it was replaced by is actually quite lovely. Poor Serena ;(

They also had Bonnie humming Puni-chan's song at the beginning, which was a nice touch.

This might be my favorite XY episode so far, for sure its my favorite XYZ episode. There were just so many little things that were funny during the episode. I was already loving it, and then they capped it off with a battle and a pretty cool evolution. I really like how Sylveon's ribbons wrap around Serena, that's pretty cute, and I just realized that Serena's ribbon from Ash is a pretty good match for Sylveon's neck ribbon. The only sad thing is I'm going to miss Eevee, but Sylveon will be fun to watch too.

Thought this was a nice one enjoyed seeing Serena being jealous which I found rather cute.

I just found how James reacted to the evolution to be funny.

It was basically this.

'A Twerp Mon evolved, guess that means I'm going to lose this fight. Inkay, Tackle it a few times to try and make it so Jessie will not harp on the two of us as much after we lose'

Good episode.

Did anyone else notice a Solana (Pokemon Ranger) look-alike at the ball? (I think she was the Heliolisk's trainer) Was that supposed to be her???

A decent episode!
At first, I found it a bit strange that performers just get invited out of nowhere and even without having to pay anything. Must be a pretty generous world, that Pokemon universe!
The dance party itself was nice too see as were all those scenes in which Serena blushed whenever she approached Ash. Dear, just tell him what you feel for him. That would help make everything much easier, trust me ;)
The battle, however, was not that good because Pikachu was surprisingly weak and all that Eevee did was using Swift. This part sure could have been better.

All in all, the idea behind the plot was nice and the episode, taken as a whole, was entertaining.

I just loved how much the dub trolled us AmourShippers even more. They treated it like a legit date for Ash & Miette, and Clemont & Serena, and Haven Paschall's reactions as Serena were nothing short of hilariously awesome! Now I'm really curious to see how she emulates Ash in a later episode (spoilers), but this was still great.

Amourshipping is so totes adorbs. I loved Serena's reaction when the dance ends.

My God, Aria was beautiful.Marry me.

Wonder what Fairy move Eevee knew so that it could evolve...

Loled at her not getting to hold Ash' hand. Was an okay episode. Waifu making it amaze.

Bonnie didn't need a date?

James was hilarious with his change of tone then using tackle.

Last edited:
I agree with everyone when I say this EP was really good. Things I liked was during the beginning when Bonnie was humming Puni-chan's song and I was in love already. Good job Dub! Another thing I liked were all the reactions especially Serena just when she thought Ash was his:ROFLMAO: I died. The Dub used their theme song during the last moments of the fight against James and Miette and I freaking loved it! All in all a damn good episode and can not wait for this week's coming EP against Alain it is going to be HYPE!!

I loved this episode, despite it being a Serena one. James and Jessie are just hilarious throughout the episode. Also, once again it is proven Serena is incapable of battling well. Whatever, at least Eevee evolv- and I already miss Eevee. 7/10

I just loved this episode. Though I am not usually into Shipping and stuff, the little AmourShipping details were great. I felt bad that Serena did not get to dance with Ash, though. James's face on the Vs. screen was funny, but I couldn't quite understand why he was so off-mood during the battle. And also why must Jessie boss over him during his battle. I loved the moments displaying the bond between Jessie and Gourgeist, though. The Pumpkin Pokémon seems to have completely adopted Jessie's comedic personality. And Clemont mentioning that Eevee needs to be extra-affectionate towards its trainer to evolve into Sylveon was a nice touch.

The dance ending thing made me wonder if the whole Amourshipping thing is just a tease or if it will actually come to fruition in some way by the end of XYZ.

The dance ending thing made me wonder if the whole Amourshipping thing is just a tease or if it will actually come to fruition in some way by the end of XYZ.
You already know the answer to that question. After all, even after 20 years, there are some things this anime never changes.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom