• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY123: Find Melecie! Numelgon and Dedenne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here comes the people who have been begging for Goodra to return after since Ash left it behind months ago getting all hyped up and excited for the episode. Not that I hate Goodra or anything, just giving a warning about what's going to happen on this thread.

Even if it's just for one episode like Lapras before it, I'd love to see Goodra reunite with the group!
Assuming, of course, that this isn't just some random wild Goodra.

Even if it's just for one episode like Lapras before it, I'd love to see Goodra reunite with the group!
Assuming, of course, that this isn't just some random wild Goodra.

When Goodra was still with Ash, he seemed to be good friends with Dedenne. Given that, it's most likely that this is, in fact, about Ash's Goodra.

When Goodra was still with Ash, he seemed to be good friends with Dedenne. Given that, it's most likely that this is, in fact, about Ash's Goodra.
Now that I think about it, Lapras also showed up just a couple of episodes after Ash's eighth gym badge in the region. It can't be a coincidence, surely...?

Well, that was quick! Dephender has posted a summary of this episode on Serebii.
On their way to Lumiose City, Ash and his friends decide to stop by the wetlands where Goodra lives. Ash and the others are delighted at seeing Goodra again, but then trouble suddenly arrives! Incredibly, a single Carbink appears to be going on a rampage in the wetlands. Ash and his friends attempt to stop the Carbink together with Goodra and the wetland Pokémon, but then Team Rocket show up.

Well, it's confirmed. This is about Ash's Goodra.

I would like Goodra to rejoin Ash, but the fact that the swamp is being attacked... I doubt it.

I would like Goodra to rejoin Ash, but the fact that the swamp is being attacked... I doubt it.
Hey, they can always have Ash ask Goodra whether it would like to help him at the League.

That way Goodra rejoins Ash briefly for the League but doesn't have to rejoin him in this episode.

I knew Goodra will be back. After all, a giant powerhouse that helped Ash earn his fifth badge being let go shortly after and never heard from again? That's a complete waste without a Charizard-like return. I also hope this would assure to people that Goodra has no excuse of not returning back for the League as Ash's Sixth Pokémon of the Kalos Region. Wonder how Bulbapedia will deal with his status if Goodra does just that?

Nice to see Goodra returning wonder if he will join for the league?

The idea of revisiting an old friend while they travel is quite awesome. I think that Goodra will decide to travel with Ash for a while, or else there wouldn't be much of a reason to move the group to a far place of Snowbelle City so soon.
I would have liked to see Team Rocket being embarassed of all the bad things they did in the swamp, but it seems the exact opposite is happening.

Hey, they can always have Ash ask Goodra whether it would like to help him at the League.

That way Goodra rejoins Ash briefly for the League but doesn't have to rejoin him in this episode.

That's true.

I knew Goodra will be back. After all, a giant powerhouse that helped Ash earn his fifth badge being let go shortly after and never heard from again? That's a complete waste without a Charizard-like return. I also hope this would assure to people that Goodra has no excuse of not returning back for the League as Ash's Sixth Pokémon of the Kalos Region. Wonder how Bulbapedia will deal with his status if Goodra does just that?

Either in training or with Keanan, if it does go back.

The idea of revisiting an old friend while they travel is quite awesome.

An "old friend"? They last saw Goodra just 12 months ago in real time (which is probably just a few weeks in anime time). :x

But oh crap, a Dedenne episode. *Prepares bunker*

*hyperventilates* If they add in a Goodra return scene in the spot of the opening where Wulfric is now, then it'd be really epic and a safe bet as to Goodra returning atleast for the league ^_^

KALOS CHAMPION ASH CONFIRMED BY THIS EPISODE IM CALLING IT AND I KNOW IM SPEAKING IN ALL CAPS IDGAF GIVE THE LORD AND SAVIOR BACK NOW

Posibilities of Goodra's return aside, this makes me extremely happy from both a continuity and Ash's character standpoint. Xy has been such a delightful step in the right direction aside from a few bumps, and the fact that Goodra wasn't just left in a swamp, never to be thought about again after all they went through with it is enough for me. Even if this is a superfluous visit that leads to nothing.

The Pokemon of the main cast was always treated like an actual family (and referred to as such by the narrator) that was being built along the way, and after some rather detached goodbyes and even some offscreen dumping of Pokemon for Team Rocket, I'm really glad to see Ash and company actually go out of their way to see their friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom