• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S19 EP18: Unlocking Some Respect!

I really didn't care much for this episode. For me, it was just a bunch of hyped up moments with disappointing conclusions. Not to mention that it focused on one of the ugliest Pokemon ever.

Seriously, a guy becomes a villain just because he's mad that his boss said he wasn't a good lock picker? Said boss who knew exactly who it was breaking into buildings and picking locks and didn't do anything about it. Nurse Joy is freaking out about Pokemon being in a burning building only for it to be revealed that they're all in their Poke Balls? Maybe I'm wrong, but I swore Poke Balls were fireproof. The dude is said to be going to jail, but then he isn't because "he just picked locks and didn't steal anything"? What about breaking and entering and dismantling of property? Is that not a big enough crime in the Pokemon world to be locked up for a few days? Or at least charged?

Ugh, I just wasn't a fan. 3/10. Honestly, seeing Xerosic experimenting on Z2 and Bonnie singing at the beginning were the only things I liked in this episode.

Until now, XYZ's filler episodes have been at least tolerable. But this one was just awful. Just like the Farfetch'd episode back in Kanto, the antagonist went totally unpunished. That one action turned what could've been an okay-ish filler into a flat-out awful episode. I actually wish the dub had skipped it.

Who in their right mind would think 'hey, instead of fleshing out Master Class, the climax of Serena's quest, over three episodes instead of just two, why don't we instead have a boring filler that contributes pretty much nothing whatsoever to the story but is simply there to showcase Binacle?'

Simply awful.

Until now, XYZ's filler episodes have been at least tolerable. But this one was just awful. Just like the Farfetch'd episode back in Kanto, the antagonist went totally unpunished. That one action turned what could've been an okay-ish filler into a flat-out awful episode. I actually wish the dub had skipped it.
Same here man. This was just boring as hell and the opening scene had TF in it which made this even more questionable. Anyways, just one more week then the MC will start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, guys, you mustn't forget thatfillers are part of the show as well. Of course, I like important episodes much more but as long as the fillers are not totally pointless, I'm fine with them, too. And I for one would call this episode an interesting filler indeed. Seeing that rivalry between master and apprentice was pretty awesome and especially how they were giving their all together with their Pokemon during the climax was a great reminder of what the show is all about.

All in all, I'd say the episode was entertaining and I really liked the message it tried to convey.

So Biancle can come out of its rock. Who knew. What if you catch one of the two parts, what happens to the other?

why are they teaching kids about picking locks?

was kinda bleh tbh. Also, as though breaking in is a crime not worth punishing.

Does each part have half the base stat?

Ed and Locke have the best voices in the dub of this, imo.

Cathcart was obviously the guard who said "The diamond is still here," Wills was the other guard using his Noland voice from 4Kids, and Ortiz was the hotel desk attendant. Needless to say, unfitting voices to me.

Also Meowth's "Right up your alley, pally!" was cringe worthy, that's all.

Just got back to watching the XYZ series. The last episode I watched, An Electrifying Rage!, was one year back. A lot has changed in this one year; my personality and my life has seen various ups and downs in the year gone by. But I hope that this experience will help me build a strong person in myself. In this one year, I was connected to Bulbagarden alright, but to a minor degree than the extent before 15th June, 2016, so I hope to quickly catch up with the Pokémon World, and move ahead!

Personal talk aside, I found this episode to be quite entertaining. Righty's interactions with its Trainer were amusing to me, though I did not quite understand why it decided to stick onto Bonnie's head like that. There are other ways to get attention that to stick on someone's head, you know! Also, Lefty does not seem to miss Righty as much. Oh, don't cry, Righty!

Team Rocket capturing Locke like that was pretty tactful, characteristic of Team Rocket this generation. The least you would expect, you are sitting in a forest and are captured by a group of thieves! Though, I knew Locke would attack Team Rocket once it is set free, anyone could have guessed that,...anyone but Team Rocket....

The plot was pretty decent itself. I especially liked the part when the fire molded the structure of the lock and Righty went to go to its Trainer (tagging Bonnie along, seriously Righty?) for help.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom