• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review PG05: The Legacy

Looker appeared again....who wants to bet he'll appear in the Gen 3 ones somewhere

The art style fluctuated through out, but overall it was pretty good. I continue to love this series and just want to keep seeing more and more of these stories.

Victory Road got a totally unique redesign. I like it. Despite being on more advanced hardware, HGSS really did nothing different with Victory Road. Not sure what city that is in the background though. Is that Viridian?

Might be Viridian.

I was thinking, I love how Looker was talking to Silver in the Pokemon League, and when Silver goes to challenge it, Looker's somehow shocked about that.

I was like, did Looker not know where he was going to find Silver in the first place?

This episode was okay, although aside from the Looker segment, it was nothing we hadn't already seen in the HGSS event.

I love how Silver sounded exactly the same as Blue. Also, the Rocket Grunt giving the radio broadcast sounded so much like Grey DeLisle.

Last edited:
  • Silver: "So what if you're strong? You can gather as many people as you want, but you'll still lose to a little kid!"
  • Silver's kid outfit was weird, but kind of cute. He had such awkward movements and poses though.
  • Silver's voice was pretty good. I'm surprised his voice didn't really change from how it was 3 years ago.
  • The backgrounds were great. The human designs and the animation are really hit-and-miss this series, but the backgrounds are always great.

The exchange between Giovanni and Silver from the games:

Silver: "You told me… you were the number one in the world! Are you gonna quit? What are you going to do now?"

Giovanni: ".................. One must acknowledge one's defeat before he can move on... I will go solo...for now... So that one day I will form a stronger organization!"

Silver: "What aspect of you was number one? Gathering so many only to be defeated by a mere child!"

Giovanni: "Putting together the potential of many is how you produce a huge power... That's what an organization is... That's the strength of an organization! I failed...to make the best use of my subordinates' potential...! But you shall witness one day the revival of me and my Team Rocket!"

Silver: "I don't understand you! You don't make any sense!"

Giovanni: ".................. One day, you will understand."

Silver: "I don't want to understand you! I will never become someone like you. A coward when you're alone and acting like a tyrant when you're in front of other cowards! I will become strong! I will become a stronger man all by myself! All by myself!"

I always assumed that while Giovanni was a bad guy, he knew the importance of team work and trusting your Pokemon (i.e., your closest team). Silver didn't understand and because of Giovanni leaving, he took the opposite approach but never trusted his Pokemon. It seems weird that Silver would still say something like "I've made it here all on my own" while barely acknowledging the role his Pokemon played. Then again, if this occurred before the encounter between Ethan/Lyra at Victory Road, then it makes sense since he didn't fully understand until then.

I also wish they drew Ethan/Lyra and Celebi lurking in the background as a throwback to the HgSs event.

Also good to know that Team Rocket grunts always walk weird...

Anyway, I think this episode was also good like the last one. It didn't flesh out the story, but its good to see that by the end of it, Silver stopped caring about Team Rocket and Looker was still looking for Giovanni.

The tower takeover and Silver all in one. I am immensely satisfied.

This was actually an incredible satisfying episode. It gave us more backstory for Silver and we got to see the Goldenrod City Radio Tower takeover. I also really thought Silver's voice acting was pretty good. I love what they've done so far with the Johto shorts so far.

When one of your favorite characters from the games finally gets animated and presented in the way you always imagined it

tumblr_lwcoc8Brp51qly06uo1_500.gif

This was interesting (as well as the other episode uploaded). These two episodes were much better than what we've seen so far, IMO.

I noted that the last episode or so took itself far too seriously, and that made it cheesy, but it's funny because I feel like these two also took themselves seriously, but were actually interesting, as opposed to cheesy.

Really makes me wonder, though... If police forces are really existent in the Pokemon world, why in the world are they letting children do their dirty work? lol

The Goldenrod Tower takeover scenes were sooooooooo cool! Fave bit.

I'm glad we got Silver/Giovanni stuff but the dialogue was a bit heavy-handed for me. I assumed Silver was 10 (or so) during GSC, so how come his conversation 3 years earlier is so complex! Why isn't it just like "Daddy don't leave me!"?!

Unlike his previous appearance, I thought Looker looked butterz here.

I'm glad we got Silver/Giovanni stuff but the dialogue was a bit heavy-handed for me. I assumed Silver was 10 (or so) during GSC, so how come his conversation 3 years earlier is so complex! Why isn't it just like "Daddy don't leave me!"?!
He isn't exactly your typical kid. Mafia children tend to be precocious.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom