• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY139: Farewell, Satoshi Gekkouga! Xerosicy's Counterattack!!

greninja left with zygarde. ash's pokemon didn't have time to say goodbye.
him leaving didn't seem forced.
also greninja's tongue ex machina

So forced. Can't have something like that in Ash''s roster as he reverts to a weak idiot next season.

I dunno why, I don't feel angry at all for Ash's decision to release Greninja

Sometimes, it is better to release a Pokémon then have them sit at Oak's Lab for centuries while Ash attempts many leagues with no chance of success. Greninja should be thankful it is not going to Kanto.

So forced. Can't have something like that in Ash''s roster as he reverts to a weak idiot next season.

None of his team are going to be in the roster apart from Pikachu, who might also be flanderized to a Nickelodeon-esque dumba**.

That's it, I quit watching the Pokemon Anime. I have been a really big fan of the Pokemon Anime for 16 years, I loved the concepts of trainers, Pokemon battles etc. and was emotionally involved a lot in this Anime but the way the writers have ended the XY series has made me lose interest completely in it. First they made him lose the League despite him coming so close for the first time, then they made Serena part ways with Ash despite all the build up on Serena's crush and admiration for Ash, then they released Ash's most powerful Pokemon, his only Mega equivalent for a nonsense reason. And not to mention Ash will be reset to a noob in the upcoming SM anime where he will have horrendous goofy looks, go to school and not challenge gyms and compete in a League. Goodbye Pokemon anime and damn you, writers! I guess I will now resort to reading Pokemon fanfictions!

Can we just consider how painful this must've been for Dedenne?

The guy not only saw his old, that left again, but he had to leave Numelgon too.

feelsbadman

That's it, I quit watching the Pokemon Anime. I have been a really big fan of the Pokemon Anime for 16 years, I loved the concepts of trainers, Pokemon battles etc. and was emotionally involved a lot in this Anime but the way the writers have ended the XY series has made me lose interest completely in it. First they made him lose the League despite him coming so close for the first time, then they made Serena part ways with Ash despite all the build up on Serena's crush and admiration for Ash, then they released Ash's most powerful Pokemon, his only Mega equivalent for a nonsense reason. And not to mention Ash will be reset to a noob in the upcoming SM anime where he will have horrendous goofy looks, go to school and not challenge gyms and compete in a League. Goodbye Pokemon anime and damn you, writers! I guess I will now resort to reading Pokemon fanfictions!

You just don't know what it tastes to loss a habit of watching Pokemon. It was Ash's decision to release Greninja to stay with Z2 and Squishy to protet Kalos. I don't know why everyone is so mad about the series. Blame writers for it, not the series.

how do you know he isn't competing in a league? companions leaving in the end of the saga and ash losing main leagues have (sadly) been true status quos so serena leaving and ash losing was expected. did you leave on DP, AG or BW? why does it matter if greninja stays or not? it's the end of the saga so of course only pikachu will continue with him to sun and moon

You just don't know what it tastes to loss a habit of watching Pokemon. It was Ash's decision to release Greninja to stay with Z2 and Squishy to protet Kalos. I don't know why everyone is so mad about the series. Blame writers for it, not the series.
I had blamed the writers, read my post carefully.
how do you know he isn't competing in a league? companions leaving in the end of the saga and ash losing main leagues have (sadly) been true status quos so serena leaving and ash losing was expected. did you leave on DP, AG or BW? why does it matter if greninja stays or not? it's the end of the saga so of course only pikachu will continue with him to sun and moon
It has been confirmed that there will be no League in Alola. And releasing Greninja is a huge loss for Ash as he loses ownership of his most powerful Pokemon and will bring only three Pokemon to Oak's lab for the first time.

One shouldn't blame the characters. The writers are following a strict formula that is unlikely to change within 20 years. The only reason why Sun and Moon is different is because they're mooching off the popularity of Yo-Kai Watch (like how most Disney Channel shows from 2006 and onwards have mooched off High School Musical and Hannah Montana).

Ash losing a League, parting ways from his companions of the series, and leaving all of his Pokémon barring Pikachu is always going to happen. This will happen at the end of Sun and Moon, and if the anime goes beyond that, rinse and repeat. In fact, even a poor fanfic writer can do better than this.

In my view, the anime had already jumped the shark for the Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos leagues, and Alola is a jumping the shark by default. There is no salvation because the status quo is just too strict, and not even a Mega Gallade using Superpower can even put a dent in it.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom