• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Sun & Moon Launch Competition: 10 Copies of Pokémon Sun & Moon to be given ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Bulbagarden Sun & Moon Launch Competition: 10 Copies of Pokémon Sun & Moon to be given ...

With only a few weeks to go until the release of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, Bulbagarden is giving fans worldwide the chance to win one of ten copies of the new games.

Continue reading...

All answers to your questions will be put in this first post, so that all users can view them easily.

Question 1
Does the order of the answers in question 1 matter or will it count as the answers being incorrect? i.e. I listed Darkrai's home first and Cresselia's second.
If you haven't specified the Pokémon in your answer, we take the order they're presented in the question as assumed.

Question 5
Is the question only asking for moves that this Pokémon can actively learn in Generation VI, or does it also want moves it can already know upon being migrated from Generation V?
Learnt in Gen VI.

Does the answer include moves with variable effects?
If those moves have effects relating to the Sun and/or Moon, then if those moves can be legitimately learnt by the mascot Pokémon of this website in the Generation VI core series games, they would of course be included.

Also, is inheritance through breeding considered learning?
Yes.

If the moves from question 5 can be learn through leveling and tutoring we need to write it two or more times? Like X move can be learn at level 3 but it also can be learned by tutoring.
You only need to write the names of each move once, regardless of how many ways it can be legitimately learned.

Misc
I want to know this before I submit my answers. Where should we include our username in the email?
You are not required to include any username in the email.

Quick question: Are the copies given away physical or digital? (It won't stop me from entering, but I'm just wondering)
Thanks in advance!
Physical. Sadly, the Nintendo eShop doesn't really have any way for us to simply buy people gifts currently.

Will we receive an email informing us that our answers were correct and are therefore in the running? Depending on the number of entries, that may just be a huge hassle; but I would really like to know. (I'm a worrier.)
Sorry, but this simply isn't possible. For starters, it would risk giving the answers away! We will however post all the correct answers after this contest is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need clarification on question #5's wording. Is the question only asking for moves that this Pokémon can actively learn in Generation VI, or does it also want moves it can already know upon being migrated from Generation V?

Would you please provide clarification on #5? Does the answer include moves with variable effects? Also, is inheritance through breeding considered learning?

I need clarification on question #5's wording. Is the question only asking for moves that this Pokémon can actively learn in Generation VI, or does it also want moves it can already know upon being migrated from Generation V?
I would also like clarification on this point. However, a careful reading of the question makes me believe it is the former. Below, I have bolded the key words in the question:

"What moves with effects relating to the Sun and/or Moon can be legitimately learnt by the mascot Pokémon of this website in the Generation VI core series games?"

From this, I conclude that the question is asking for moves that can be legitimately learned in Gen VI, not just moves that can be legitimately known.

Last edited:
I want to know this before I submit my answers. Where should we include our username in the email?
I'll also want to know the clarification of Question 5 also, just in case, though I'm fairly sure I've covered what I needed to.

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but in the Bulbanews page, you state that there's a Pokemon OR/AS boxart instead of Pokemon S/M boxart.

Yay, a new Bulbacontest, I LOVE those!

Though this time the questions all seem so easy I can't help but expect some well-hidden trickery. And I can even see one instance that might be particularly cruel, but I'll keep it to myself.

Question 5: Does the Pokemon's move have to be Gen 6 exclusive, or can it already know how to learn it from a previous generation?

Question 5: Does the Pokemon's move have to be Gen 6 exclusive, or can it already know how to learn it from a previous generation?
This has been now been answered in the first post. It must be possible to learn the move in Gen VI, not just know it from a previous generation.

"If you're in another country, particularly one with a frustrating customs regime (Brazil, I'm looking at you!), we might need to make alternative arrangements with you."

Oh man, now I don't know if I should participate or not...

Quick question: Are the copies given away physical or digital? (It won't stop me from entering, but I'm just wondering)
Thanks in advance!

If the moves from question 5 can be learn through leveling and tutoring we need to write it two or more times? Like X move can be learn at level 3 but it also can be learned by tutoring.
Almost done for send my entry, so I need to know.

Does the order of the answers in question 1 matter or will it count as the answers being incorrect? i.e. I listed Darkrai's home first and Cresselia's second.

And I can even see one instance that might be particularly cruel, but I'll keep it to myself.
If it's the one I'm thinking of, I think we both saw the trickery, haha.

Just to clarify Question 5 does the move have to actively involve the Sun/Moon or is it enough that the move is effected by harsh sunlight e.g. Weather Ball changes becomes Fire Type under harsh sunlight. Thanks in advance.

Just to clarify Question 5 does the move have to actively involve the Sun/Moon or is it enough that the move is effected by harsh sunlight e.g. Weather Ball changes becomes Fire Type under harsh sunlight. Thanks in advance.
While I'm not the authority on this, I imagine the Weather Ball example won't matter in the long run because AFAIK, Bulbasaur cannot legitimately learn Weather Ball, and as far as I'm aware, it's the only move that changes type under it. I'd imagine that things affected by harsh sunlight even without that still count, though, since it fits the criteria of having to do with the Sun and/or the Moon.

I've always liked the Bulbagarden contests (You can expect me to make my rounds in the contests this December) ant this ones are even more exciting since the prizes are great.

I've already sent my answer. The questions all had their tricky side but I'm confident that I managed to answer them well enough.

Good luck to all entrants!!!

While I'm not the authority on this, I imagine the Weather Ball example won't matter in the long run because AFAIK, Bulbasaur cannot legitimately learn Weather Ball, and as far as I'm aware, it's the only move that changes type under it. I'd imagine that things affected by harsh sunlight even without that still count, though, since it fits the criteria of having to do with the Sun and/or the Moon.

That's what I thought. I used the Weather Ball example cause it fits the situation but isn't a move Bulbasaur can learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom