• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM003: Hello, Roto, I'm the Rotom Pokédex, Roto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
SM002: Nice to Meet You, I, the Rotom Picture Book Roto! + SM004
Airs: November 24

I don't know the translation for the first bit of the title, this title isn't fully confirmed and just in case you don't know, picture book is the Japanese name for the Pokedex.

Last edited:
Summary from Dephender:

Ash receives a new Pokédex from Professor Kukui. This is a revolutionary Pokédex called the "Rotomdex" which can speak human language. Ash wants to get his first Alola Pokémon right away, and heads out into the forest.

Episode is also written by Matsui.

Last edited:
I'm assuming this also will be his first encounter with Bewear. I actually cannot wait for that particular scene.

Roto? It's probably unlikely but I hope they make a Dragon Quest joke out of that.

So the Rotom dex is named Roto? That's pretty cute.

The summary makes me wonder if Ash will actually catch a Pokemon in this episode. I personally doubt it, but we'll see.

At least Ash is not using an actual Rotom on him. Catching a new pokemon depends on the episode.

Ohh so Ash receives his Rotomdex on this episode, he is heading to forest to catch Pokémon? then he encounters Bewear, I hope he catches Grubbin or Pikipek.

PD: What about SM2 and SM4, these titles not revealed yet? :/

This is a revolutionary Pokédex called the "Rotomdex" which can speak human language.
Hang on a tick, what the hell language were all the other dexes speaking then?
So the Rotom dex is named Roto?
Or it has a "roto" verbal tic?...
Actually I'm confused. Which translation of the title is the correct one/what is the original title?

Or it has a "roto" verbal tic?...
Actually I'm confused. Which translation of the title is the correct one/what is the original title?

The original title is よロトしく、ボク、ロトム図鑑ロト!

Roto seems like a verbal tic to me and not its actual name

Exactly! It doesn't make any sense why that was even mentioned. These episode titles and summaries are a mess! There's a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense. Maybe they were leaked earlier than they were supposed too.

The original title is よロトしく、ボク、ロトム図鑑ロト!

Roto seems like a verbal tic to me and not its actual name
Yeah for sure.
(よロトしく is weirdly cute though...)

It's always nice to see people catch pokemon in the anime via battle. Hopefully he can catch a just catch a Pikapek without it taking the entire episode. Heck maybe he can get multiple pokemon in one episode again.

I think that was implying that the other Pokedex's were producing human speech, since they couldn't actually speak like human, since they didn't have mouths, but only generated human speech, like how you can make your computer say things that you type.

Also, a new summary for this episode mentions Rowlet and Pikipek, but we should have the full translation of it soon.

http://i.imgur.com/EnGuWP3.png

Summary:
CxR9WYcXUAE_4cW.jpg

Guess he'll be getting Pikipek in SM03 then Rowlett in SM04?

Here is a similar summary from another image as well as other bits of information on the same episode.

4rh7yag.png

Ash receives a new Pokedex from his homeroom teacher Professor Kukui. This revolutionary Pokedex that can speak human language introduces itself as the "Rotom Pokedex". Ash went to the forest, wanting to get his first Pokémon in the Alola region, and by pure chance ran into the Grass Quill Pokémon Rowlet. While chasing after Rowlet, Ash arrives in a habitat of the Woodpecker Pokémon Pikipek.

The finishing touch to the Rotom Pokedex was to have the Plasma Pokémon Rotom enter it. Since Ash is unaccustomed to the Alola region, it supports him with its abundance of information.

Having been up close with the Comfey that help with medical treatment, as well as other Pokémon unique to the Alola region, at the Pokémon Centers and other places, Ash's desire to get Pokémon is renewed.

Guess he'll be getting Pikipek in SM03 then Rowlett in SM04?
That or he gets Rolwet in this episode and uses it to fight in SM004?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom