• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM004: It's Mokuroh! Catching Pokémon in Alola!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rowlet 4 Ash, superb! I hope it goes all the way to Decidueye, first official ghost type for Ash.

Rowlet 4 Ash, superb! I hope it goes all the way to Decidueye, first official ghost type for Ash.
We don't actually have confirmation of any catch or by whom, but Ash could catch it, seeing as it's the start of his journey and he usually gets a Pokemon around this time.

I do think it would go to Ash. I don't want Ash to ever get a water starter again. Ash catching Rowlet would make this a good episode.

I had a feeling Ash would get a Rowlet. That's great since its been a while since a Grass type starter has truly gotten a chance to get some spotlight. The last one I think was Sceptile, not counting Torterra since Infernape's story arc took the spotlight off of Torterra. Also, if Rowlet hopefully evolves all the way to Decidueye, this might as well be Ash's very first official Ghost type.

I think it's good that they're finally giving the grass starter some time in the main spotlight.
Indigo League: Charizard
Jhoto League: Bayleef, Quilava, Totadile all shared the spotlight really...but Charizard came in last moment.
Honenn: Spectile
Sinnoh: Infernape
Unova: Oshawott
Kalos: Greninja
It's been a while since the grass starter has gotten the main focus in a region. Although, do I see Rowlet evolving the entire way? Ash has never officially caught a ghost-type before so I hope they do evolve Rowlet all the way.

There's a preview that shows Rowlet battling a Mimikkyu who has attacked Pikachu-Rowlett then picks up Pikachu and brings him to Ash. Pretty sure such an action implies a capture by Ash. Which is cool because I think Rowlet is a good choice for Ash anyway.

I'm not opposed to Ash capturing Rowlet, I really hope his first regional starter would be Litten -_- enough with the water and grass types. Either way, nice to see that the at least the starter capture doesn't happen until a few episodes in.

I'm not opposed to Ash capturing Rowlet, I really hope his first regional starter would be Litten.
His most iconic starter and his powerhouse in DPP (who overshadowed the original starter he got) were both Fire-type, and we just had a Water-type powerhouse. I think it's high time Grass gets the spotlight again.

The VA list for SM003 and SM004.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Lillie: Kei Shindō

Kiawe: Kaito Ishikawa

Mallow: Reina Ueda

Lana: Hitomi Kikuchi

Sophocles: Fumiko Takekuma

Professor Kukui: Keiichi Nakagawa

Principal Oak: Unshō Ishizuka

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Rotom Pokédex: Daisuke Namikawa

Bounsweet: Chika Fujimura

Popplio: Rikako Aikawa

Togedemaru: Mika Kanai

Litten: Chinami Nishimura

Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara

James: Shin’ichiro Miki

Meowth: Inuko Inuyama

Wobbuffet: Yūji Ueda

Nurse Joy: Risa Shimizu

Giovanni: Kenta Miyake

Anime Cheerleading Head: Abareru

Here are two new summaries of the episode, which Dephender translated.

And Ash gets his first Pokémon in the Alola region!?

One day, Ash meets a hungry Rowlet, a Grass Quill Pokémon. In an attempt to get it, Ash and the others chase after it into the forest. But the forest contains the habitat of the Woodpecker Pokémon Pikipek! Ash and the others watch Rowlet and the Pikipek with great interest, but then Team Rocket show up!

The new summary makes me wonder if Ash will catch both Rowlet and Pikipek in this episode. I think it would be cool since he hasn't done that since the second episode:p

Third episode, actually. Second episode was "Pokemon Emergency" while the third was "Ash Catches a Pokemon", the latter episode is where he caught Caterpie and Pidgeotto. But I understand what you mean and agree with you, as I was thinking the same thing. Seemed like the perfect situation for both Rowlet and Pikipek to be caught, as both are in the same area at the same time, so it would be prime opportunity to get both. Maybe Ash will catch Rowlet then gets challenged by the leader Pikipek in a 1-on-1 battle and catches it as well, like what happened with Taillow. Would be interesting, to say the least.

A bird vs bird episode so early into the season. Nice. I'm pretty sure Ash will help Mokuroh defeat Pikipek and then subsequently offer it a place on his team. I wish this episode aired tomorrow instead of the Tapu Koko one though T__T

Preview
- Ash catches a Pokemon in a forest and he and Pikachu celebrate.
- Ash and Pikachu run through the forest after Ash caught the Pokemon and Ash's classmates follow them.
- Pikachu battles a Mimikyu.
- A Rowlet rubs its face against Ash's face.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puy-weQLLH0

Yeah, Litten is a wild Pokemon, if this magazine scan is anything to go by.
HSNOWvJ.jpg

Like Lion-Cub said, it's probably just a local resident of the island that Ash and co. are currently on. But I'm sure someone will catch it later on.

I don't think Ash will be catching a Pikipek, there is just no clear sign of him catching one since it's not even remotely hinted at during the previews. Hopefully this is where Ash gets the you know what from the opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom