• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM004: It's Mokuroh! Catching Pokémon in Alola!!

Well, Satoshi is a bit clever this time around. Using the battle against Mimikyu as a distraction why Mokuroh frees the birds from the Rocket Gang. Kiteruguma is apparently the new blasting off gag this time. No more twinkle in the sky apparently. Mimikyu is also the opposite of being cute. It seems to have a bad temper and largely unsympathetic. Must be the odd-ball of its family.

Also, Mokuroh is the cutest Pokémon I've seen yet. Glad I got a plush of it and choose her as my starter.

Well, Satoshi is a bit clever this time around. Using the battle against Mimikyu as a distraction why Mokuroh frees the birds from the Rocket Gang. Kiteruguma is apparently the new blasting off gag this time. No more twinkle in the sky apparently. Mimikyu is also the opposite of being cute. It seems to have a bad temper and largely unsympathetic. Must be the odd-ball of its family.

Also, Mokuroh is the cutest Pokémon I've seen yet. Glad I got a plush of it and choose her as my starter.
Yeah, mimkyu is uncharacteristic to it's description. I wonder what's up with that.

Maybe that's why Jessie used a Luxury Ball, so that the Mimikyu will become a friendlier Pokemon, at least towards Jessie.

Every time I think I've picked a favourite starter, the anime makes me effing change my mind! Just as well I can't pick one for myself I suppose. Mokuroh is just a round ball of love and its interactions with Satoshi were just to die for! I almost died laughing in the ugly duckling flashback. Reckon that'll become an actual story?

Moment when Mimikyu was confirmed for Musashi was in the previous episode when she said "Use any move!" - this relationship is so right! And since when did Kojirou collect weird and wonderful balls?
Bit disappointed that the motto animation is being reused again but honestly the motto is so stupid (how many adjectives did they each use to describe themselves?!) and the animation so OTT that I mind it a lot less than I did in XY.

Every time I think I've picked a favourite starter, the anime makes me effing change my mind! Just as well I can't pick one for myself I suppose. Mokuroh is just a round ball of love and its interactions with Satoshi were just to die for! I almost died laughing in the ugly duckling flashback. Reckon that'll become an actual story?

Moment when Mimikyu was confirmed for Musashi was in the previous episode when she said "Use any move!" - this relationship is so right! And since when did Kojirou collect weird and wonderful balls?
Bit disappointed that the motto animation is being reused again but honestly the motto is so stupid (how many adjectives did they each use to describe themselves?!) and the animation so OTT that I mind it a lot less than I did in XY.
I think the animation is hilarious >.< so evil taste lol

Rowlet has a backstory, that means it's going to be important. Not as compelling as the other abandoned pokemon/Froakie is special, but it's bound to have some significance.

The BANK for the role-call is done in a semi-gekiga style, going by the proportions of Musashi and Kojirou's bodies and the timing of their movements. Iwane was definitely channeling the realists, like Iso and Okiura.

This was actually a pretty good episode. Rowlet was absolutely adorable and it was nice that they gave Rowlet some backstory. Also the Bewear returns and Jessie caught a pretty frightening Mimikyu. Ash was smart to use that battle as a distraction, though it felt like Pikachu was taking too much of a beating through this episode. It was a very nice episode! Welcome to the team, Rowlet!

Random also, but I hope that Commander Holly sees this cause she has been gushing about how adorable Rowlet is in her birds only playthrough of Sun, with Ross.

So think this'll be the last we see of Ash trying to capture a Grubbin?

If not, I wonder if Cutiefly remains an option for Ash.

Aww, that Rowlet is both adorable and funny. I can definitely see it as the Greninja of S/M. And wow, I can't even remember someone actually using a different variant of a Poke Ball. I mean there was that Poke Ball factory episode, but I've never seen a trainer actually use one.

Decent episode. Glad that Ash caught Rowlet. Not happy that they made Ash fail to catch two pokemon though. After all this time, Ash still has trouble catching pokemon. I give this episode 8/10. Took points off for horrible art design for Ash and for the failed captures which were not needed in my opinion.

I think this is the shortest TR motto in terms of # of lines-- only seven-- but it runs about a good 10 seconds longer than the Kalos one? It's....interesting. Still salty about the stock animation :v

So does Satoshi just walk around carrying an empty backpack? Because how else would Mokuroh be able to fit inside?

Considering they can fit food, clothes, camping and cooking equipment in there I don't think it's a stretch to believe a small owl could comfortably get inside.

Aww, that Rowlet is both adorable and funny. I can definitely see it as the Greninja of S/M. And wow, I can't even remember someone actually using a different variant of a Poke Ball. I mean there was that Poke Ball factory episode, but I've never seen a trainer actually use one.

Both Satoshi and Kasumi had Lure Balls in Johto for Waninoko and Sunnygo, Takeshi kept Foretos in a Fast Ball, the Kimono Sisters all used variants and a Heavy Ball appeared in a Hoenn epiosde. They have appeared, just very infrequently. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the factory episode reminded the writers these things exist.

I'm loving this series so far, it has such a good-feel kind of vibe. All pokemon have been very cute (except Mimikkyu for some reason) and I love Mokuroh even more now (so glad I chose it as my starter).
Very nice.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom