• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM033: Yowashi the Powerhouse, Leader of the Lake!

Today we have just learned that Ash was useless, Lana was awesome and deserved the Z ring for all the hard effort and the faces were unbelievably overdone to the point where I found nothing funny.

Poor to meh episode, ruined what could have otherwise been an enjoyable episode.

Today we have just learned that Ash was useless, Lana was awesome and deserved the Z ring for all the hard effort and the faces were unbelievably overdone to the point where I found nothing funny.

Poor to meh episode, ruined what could have otherwise been an enjoyable episode.
You don't feel the climax of the series at all. Though Lana deserved a Waterium Z more than Ash does.
How would you rate this episode? 5/10, or 4/10? At least the other classmates didn't steal Lana's spotlight.

You don't feel the climax of the series at all. Though Lana deserved a Waterium Z more than Ash does.
How would you rate this episode? 5/10, or 4/10? At least the other classmates didn't steal Lana's spotlight.
4/10, somehow I was enjoying it lesser and lesser as the faces and dull humour continued to pile up.
The S&M anime can do better than this.

4/10, somehow I was enjoying it lesser and lesser as the faces and dull humour continued to pile up.
The S&M anime can do better than this.
Don't worry, everyone will discuss this episode better, there's nothing about bad humor. Maybe it's because you guys have no sense of humor and think this series is a load of trash. Comedy is all about funny moments and humor. This is how the comedy is all about, just having fun.

Last edited:
  • Ashimari learned Aqua Jet, Suiren won Waterium Z (with help from Satoshi).
  • Team Rocket get a very small cameo at the beginning, Kiteruguma catch them and they somehow fly? Musashi used an Arbo/Ekans lure as a little bit fanservice.
  • Old fisherman is full of shit, his scars are obviously fake, but Satoshi is too stupid to notice.
  • Suiren defeated the Totem, Satoshi defeated the Ally pokemon.
  • Kaki's milk bring all the girls (and Mamane) to the farm.
  • Animation doesn't seem that good for an Iwane episode.
  • Satoshi literally turned into ash (intentional or unintentional pun?).
  • Eat your hearts out Kasumi and Dent! Suiren is the best Pokemon Fisher(wo)man in the wide world of Pokemon.
OVERALL SCORE: 6/10

Last edited:
Lana mentioned a Mega Evolution in this episode about fishing out a Mega Gyarados. And the SM website didn't care to update Lana's anime artwork with a Z-ring. Are they lazy or what?

Last edited:
At the current rate, Suiren might become my favourite ever companion...

Yet more lies from Lana. I can't wait for her next one and her last one in the episode even got Mallow annoyed.

This episode brings up the question, how is the league in Alola going to work, if it even exists? We know that in the games we need to do all the trials before challenging the league, but Ash didn't even do the water trial, and I don't see him doing it anytime soon. Maybe he's just going to challenge the kahunas? I feel like the SM plot is getting messier by the episode...

Popplio was one of the best parts of the episode for me. I was hoping it would maybe evolve out of confidence to defeat the School Wishiwashi, but it insteads get a new move instead, which means it has more than just bubbles now. It's nice to see Lana have two episodes in a row focus on her, both which led to her progress on earning a Waterium-Z. Hopefully it gets utilized in the future.

My only problems with the episode were the stupid amount of faces Ash made, and Bewear. His humour was way too based on slapstick and dumb expressions. There's nothing wrong with him showing character, but I'd prefer him to at least show some of his major qualifications from previous series. Bewear is a great Pokémon potential of giving lots of chuckle, but I'm sick of it being used in every TR episode (save for SM007 and SM021 because he wasn't in the former and only for a cameo in the latter). Hopefully they tone it down.

FINAL SCORE:
7/10

Bewear is a great Pokémon potential of giving lots of chuckle, but I'm sick of it being used in every TR episode (save for SM007 and SM021 because he wasn't in the former and only for a cameo in the latter). Hopefully they tone it down.
The issue is not with Kiteruguma (unless it eventually transpires it is, with some nice episode and then the situation changes and I will take it all back if this is being planned right now). It is that they do not seem to know how to utilise the TRio in a number of episodes, so they put them in anyway (why? I'm not sure) and Kiteruguma provides an easy escape route when they don't want them anymore.

I will give the episode this... any episode with Iwane is bound to look damn good and this is no exception.

The main highlight of the episode is Lana focus and development, Lana getting the waterium-z, and Popplio learning aqua jet. Ash and Pikachu is mostly unneeded, and Team Rocket's appearance is pointless.

• Ashimari learned Aqua Jet, Suiren won Waterium Z (with help from Satoshi).
  • Team Rocket get a very small cameo at the beginning, Kiteruguma catch them and they somehow fly? Musashi used an Arbo/Ekans lure as a little bit fanservice.
  • Old fisherman is full of shit, his scars are obviously fake, but Satoshi is too stupid to notice.
  • Suiren defeated the Totem, Satoshi defeated the Ally pokemon.
  • Kaki milk bring all the girls (and Mamane) to the farm.
  • Animation doesn't seem that good for an Iwane episode.
  • Satoshi literally turned into ash (intentional or unintentional pun?).
  • Eat your hearts out Kasumi and Dent! Suiren is the best Pokemon Fisher(wo)man in the wide world of Pokemon.
Animation was also done by Izumi Shimura, they both have collaborated a lot recently. I did notice there was a lot more scenes done by Shimura than Iwane but that's mostly based around their designs.

This episode brings up the question, how is the league in Alola going to work, if it even exists? We know that in the games we need to do all the trials before challenging the league, but Ash didn't even do the water trial, and I don't see him doing it anytime soon. Maybe he's just going to challenge the kahunas? I feel like the SM plot is getting messier by the episode...

I think there would be no League as they can't progress Ash's rank for obvious reasons.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom