• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Next Evolution in Pokemon Trading Is Coming...Now I'm not sure whether or no

t someone has posted this previously because I've been out of town with no access to a PC. But I caught that there is to be a Pokemon GTS website to be out later this year. I thought it was interesting and wanted to share. Here is the link.

http://www.pokemon-games.com/portal/gamenews_detail7.jsp

I saw this posted in a thread here, but you're right, it does deserve its own thread. Thanks for posting!

So, peeps, what kinds of features are we looking for?

The ability to detect pricks that want level 100 legendaries for level 9 and under Mews, or any tools that eliminate these peddlers immediately.

Why? I've never seen any of those people at all and Mew is an event PKMN so he should be worth something big.

Why? I've never seen any of those people at all and Mew is an event PKMN so he should be worth something big.

I wouldn't mind giving them a Mew (as you know) but they can't be traded over the GTS, so they're either stupid, or cloning. Maybe I should rephrase that and go far as to saying that people ask for pokemon offering really unfair trades.

The ability to eliminate hacks and offers unworthy of looking at or impossible to get from my results. That would be freaking awesome.

Just to be able to get an Electabuzz for a Jynx or something would be radical, I haven't made a trade over the GTS like that for a long time.

I wouldn't mind giving them a Mew (as you know) but they can't be traded over the GTS, so they're either stupid, or cloning. Maybe I should rephrase that and go far as to saying that people ask for pokemon offering really unfair trades.

Mew can be traded over the GTS, I've done it myself. o_O

And as terribly annoying as a Weedle requesting a Heatran is, people do have a right to ask for anything they want. It's not their fault that they have grand delusions, it's Nintendo's fault for not designing the GTS better.

Hopefully, this new site will remedy that. Although, you probably won't be able to tell which Pokes are shiny seeing as they're using the Sugimori art instead of the sprites.

Really? Dammit. I hope they put a little red star next to it or something. Just noticible would be nice.

Well I am glad that I could help and give this topic it's own thread. I am hoping that this site does help eliminate those out there that believe in hacking and cloning. Yes, hacking and cloning makes obtaining that which you want easier. However, where is the fun in that? The whole idea of certain Pokemon being difficult to get is part of the fun. Back when I first started playing the Gen 1 games, I remember how good it felt to finally catch certain Pokemon that took me what felt like forever. The games have grown to be an outstanding commercial success and I really find it unfair that there are individuals out there who have cheapened the gaming experience. So to sum it up, I really hope that with the opening of the GTS site that they slowly are able to eliminate the illegal Pokemon that people have floating around currently.

Uhm that's caus' it's impossible to have a lvl 9 and under LEGITIMATE pokemon - and if you claim that you got traded it and didn't know about it, it's because they added the "obvious hack lock mechanism" before you "got rid of it"...

Now to add something more constructive to the thread, I hope we'll be able to see most of the stats of the pokemon - at least enough to be able to decide on the legitimacy of a pokemon...

I think the trading server should have a database with all the minimum levels and legit moves for every pokémon, as well as the ball (for event ones), and place and level when it was caught. Then, whenever anybody tries to upload a poké, it should check all of this + EVs (hackémon usually have more than 510), and refuse anything non-legit. It's not that hard to implement.

BTW, the minimum level database could also be used so people stop asking for the impossible, making the cloners think twice before uploading.

Well, they don't need this to be on their Web site, all this should be implimeneted in the GTS right away regardless of a "Web interface" - they started doing that already to some degree (eg: the < Lvl 9 Mew thing).

One interesting thing they could do though (albeit this would take a LOT of memeory I would guess) would be tracking every outgoing trade so that if you cloned a pokemon you wouldn't be allowed to trade it again... One problem, though, is that i'is possible to get the exact same pokemon with the same pokeball and cought at the same level in the same location... Given you *want* to do this, chances are 1/1073741824; would it be fair to block those out (assuming they're clones)? Statistically, given, say, 10 000 000 trades a month, this should happen to a legit pokemon every what? 8 years -- and that would be using the IV values of everyone without actually looking at the trainer's ID!

So this is the official Pokemon website we're talking about right?

If so, this thread stays. :p If not, why isn't it just advertising, lol?

Personally, I'd like a system where you could perform better searches than what we have currently. I can't access that site at work; can anyone tell me if it allows you to search for things like held items, natures, shininess, ribbons, or IVs?

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom