• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM042: Alola at Kanto! Takeshi and Kasumi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
SM042: Alola at Kantō! Takeshi and Kasumi!!
Airs: September 14

Last edited:
Can't say I'm hyped yet but I have missed Brock ever since he finally split off from Ash in DP. I'm happy he'll be here.
Misty though? Ehh, I could make do without. I prefer May and Dawn.

I find it really weird that Misty and Brock are wearing their same outfits from the Kanto days, especially since they'd stopped wearing those forever ago. I would have liked to see them wearing either the most recent episodes they wore or something totally new.

I do wonder if Ash's classmates are going with him to Kanto. I really don't want this to just be a massive Kanto-fest with the Alola gang getting nothing out of this.

Well didn't Misty only wear a new outfit in AG044, AG045 and SS016?

I hope we get to see all of Ash's Pokemon at the lab. It's been so long. Hopefully we'll get to see all of Brock's and Misty's Pokemon as well as I'm assuming those battles are at their Gyms. It's been so long since we've seen Geodude, Crobat, Marshtomp, Ludicolo, Forretress, Psyduck, Politoad and all the others. It's not like we get the chance to often either. I'm not a huge Misty fan, but not having her appear for like 11 years just feels really strange. I am a lot more interested in seeing Brock though. I want to know how his studying is going.

That screenshot of Misty is just so cute. You can literally feel her personality coming right out of it! It looks very much like a modern version of a scene that would've come out of OS.

I too think it'll be fun if we get to see a bunch of Ash's old Pokémon again, possibly his mom and Tracey too. But whatever else comes or doesn't come is fine by me because I'm most excited for the original trio; my favorite traveling group of all time! I cannot wait to see their interactions with the Alola gang. I would love to see Lana and Misty bonding over water types, Mallow and Brock comparing recipes, and honestly just Kiawe and Brock because they seem like they'd be buds.

N
Well didn't Misty only wear a new outfit in AG044, AG045 and SS016?
She wore it there and then in The Scheme Team, The Right Place and the right Mime, and then A Real Cleffa Hanger.

And then that mastermind special.

I'm gonna go ahead and ask the burning question: who will voice Misty when they dub these?????

It's no stretch that Brock will be voiced by Bill again, but it's been SO long since Misty has been on the Show she'll likely need a new dub voice.

Come to think of it I don't even think Misty's even appeared since TPCI took over (outside the Mirage Pokemon special)! :confused:

She appeared in that Charizard flashback episode of Best Wishes and Michelle Knotz provided her voice (same as in Mastermind).

I'm not usually one to hope for the 4Kids voice actors to return but I'd love to see Rachael Lillis voice her here. Aside from her being my favorite actress across both dubs it wouldn't be like Michelle Knotz would be losing anything because she's only voiced Misty twice, once being a single short line. It's a lot different than clamoring for Veronica Taylor to return as Ash because Ms. Natochenny has been voicing him for longer at this point.

Michelle Knotz voicing Misty in the BW flashbacks pretty much destroyed any possibilities of Rachael Lillis returning, in my opinion. What I mean is, if they wanted for Rachael Lillis to return, I think they would've done it then.

How come people on this site seem to have misplaced feelings for the TPCI actors on how we shouldn't offend them by replacing them yet THEY are the ones that gleefully took the jobs and they are in fact forever going to be known as replacements and always compared to the real VAs? I just truly don't get it. If they were good people they would've taken a stand against TPCi when they were firing the 4Kids actors because that is what honorable actors do. They don't profit at others misfortune. And if you need proof google The Simpsons 1997 contract talks.

And that sums up perfectly why it should be Eric Stuart and Rachael Lillis proving Misty and Brock's voices in these episodes. Bill Rogers flat out lied on serebii and this site saying Eric Stuart quit which contradicted his earlier claims they were barred because of their contracts. All not true.

It isn't just that the originals are better at the voices, it's the insanely underhanded way as to how they got fired and replaced which has left a bad taste.
s 1997 contract talks.

Last edited:
Would be nice to have Rachel Lillis voice Misty again but probably won't happen

Bill Rogers doesn't know at present if these are being dubbed but if they are, will probably voice Brock

There's absolutely no acceptable reason for them to not dub these episodes honestly. They are "regular" episodes, so there's no reason for them to be skipped. If I remember, Michelle Knotz briefly voiced her in BW during those flashbacks, though I'm hoping for Rachael Lillis also.

Michelle Knotz voicing Misty in the BW flashbacks pretty much destroyed any possibilities of Rachael Lillis returning, in my opinion. What I mean is, if they wanted for Rachael Lillis to return, I think they would've done it then.
They wouldn't hire someone to just voice two short lines that no one cares about.

Last edited:
Didn't Misty say like two words in that episode? They wouldn't have bothered hiring her for that. I think she has a fine chance at getting to do Misty this time around if she wants to. Bill Rogers does a fine job as Brock though, in my opinion, so no need for Eric Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom