• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S20 EP33: Big Sky, Small Fry!

I guess you've got the title wrong... the title on this thread is "Treasure Hunt, Akala Style!", which belongs t9 the previous episode.

It’s a bit weird seeing Lana take on her own trial from the games. But other than that, it was a pretty fun episode. A lot got done in it but it was slow-paced enough to follow along.
-Team Rocket’s appearance at the beginning was unnecessary, but it was amusing enough to not feel wasted. And them fishing Bewear out of the water...why am I not surprised?
-Lana’s “jokes” about catching Megas or Legendaries remind me of those schoolyard rumors about Mewthree or the Pokégods. Oh, how gullible people can be sometimes.
-Ash’s literal stone face of terror when he realizes he doesn’t have a fishing rod. This series is already known for exaggerated facial expressions, but it has to be seen to be believed.
-Oh look, another Ash/Lana shipping hint. I doubt it’ll lead anywhere, but it’s good for you fanfic writers.
-Gotta admit, the fisherman’s “X years of fishing” gag was funny the first few times, but it got old fast.
-Wishiwashi’s voice is...something else, all right. I think others will find it annoying, but it has a certain charm to it. I think it’s Michele Knotz, who voices Bewear, Jigglypuff, Minccino, etc.
-First E.T., now a Titanic reference? Wouldn’t a Jaws reference be more fitting for the circumstances?
-I love how they made Mallow talk with food in her mouth. The dub usually ignores stuff like this, so it’s nice to see the voices fit the animation so well.
-So...Lana has a Z-Ring now. Cool. And just to come full circle, she pulls the Mega Gyarados gag on everyone else. XD

Before I talk about this week's episode, I briefly go review last week's one. It was a fun treasure hunt and and in the Lana got some Z-ore which I found interesting as for sure that meant that Lana was going to eventually become a Z-ring owner, Lillie managed to get over her fear of yet another Pokemon and it was Stoutland none the good on you and Ash in particular remembered the Stoutland who had a very unfortunate thing happen to him, the rest was kinda boring but hey we got an Ash underwear scene so it was worth it:p I will give this episode an 7.5/10.

Now for this week's episode: 1st off who thought it was a good Idea to have TR in the episode because man it felt unnecessary and Bewear being fished out the water was absolute jokes and did remind when it came out of the water in episode 12. So Lana gets her own trial from the games and she beats it? Guess last episode was hinting at it and would you look at it got the Z-Ring as promised , Lana is definitely going places now with this. So more Ash/Lana shipping eh? Someone is so having fun with this:rolleyes:. A Titanic reference in my Pokemon? Did not see that coming though it was cool how it was done like and that fisherman guy did get annoying with his whole years of fishing gag, but for the most part I was entertained. So this episode was pretty good to watch and I will give this one a 8.5/10 and also Mega evolution is a thing in Alola, thanks Gyarados:LOL:

I have a question. Has the ending theme been upgraded to have Lana wearing the Z-ring on her left whist for this episode? The one that appears at the very end of the shot showing the entire group. Who reads Who's That Pokemon? today? I don't think Mallow and the others are heard during that segment due to being busy eating some cheese and moo-moo milk, but I bet it's Ash, Lana, Rotom Pokedex and that old fishing expert with fake scars.

End Credits:

Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Rebecca Soler
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Justin Anselmi
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Abe Goldfarb
Emily Jenness
Marisa Kennedy
Erica Schroeder
Eileen Stevens
Marc Thompson

Okay so like, did they just get robbed a Feebas. Bruh that fucked up. Would be nice to see someone have a Milotic. Always thought Ash should have a Magickarp or Feebas because he liked to make the best of a Pokemon not considered good and then evolve it and become super powered.

End Credits:

Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Rebecca Soler
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Justin Anselmi
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Abe Goldfarb
Emily Jenness
Marisa Kennedy
Erica Schroeder
Eileen Stevens
Marc Thompson
:( . sorry that you had to do it...
The 1080p version isnt out yet so I'm not gonna update until then.

:( . sorry that you had to do it...
The 1080p version isnt out yet so I'm not gonna update until then.
I did manage to watch this episode and found out that Ash, Lana, Rotom Pokedex and Fisherman Master are reading WTP for this episode, not the entire gang. Plus Wishiwashi is featured here. I guess we'll just have to wait until you get it.

I'm really sad that no one made a lactose intolerance joke at Kiawe's farm

The episode was okay. It was nice to see some development of Lana and Popplio.

@radek.tadajewski.7 I couldn’t tell if they updated Lana’s shot in the credits because Disney XD has been shrinking them to show their promos lately.
@BigDocFan I’m not sure this is right. Shouldn’t Knotz and Cathcart be here for at least Team Rocket?

Wishiwashi’s voice was definitely dubbed. IIRC Feebas had a few lines as well.

I love Lana episodes. This one was no exception. I really enjoyed watching someone other than Ash take on a trial. It was also nice that they kept Ash's assistance to a minimum and just let Lana do her thing. It was awesome!

The faces/voices that went with them were very funny and well done. I feel like the dub has been doing a better job matching the voices with extreme reactions. I always expect them to be flatter (force of habit) but SM has been a nice improvement on that front. For example: Ash's voice when he turned into stone/melted into dust, etc, Mallow eating the cheese on Kiawe's farm, Ash getting tricked by the fisherman...they were all really good. And it just made the over-the-top animations funnier!

I'm excited Lana now has a Z-Ring. It'll be interesting to see her and Popplio use Hydro Vortex in the future!

Also, can we please get an episode with all the classmates goofing off on Kiawe's farm? I actually would've loved to see more of that! His annoyance with them all was especially funny.

I'm excited Lana now has a Z-Ring. It'll be interesting to see her and Popplio use Hydro Vortex in the future!

Also, can we please get an episode with all the classmates goofing off on Kiawe's farm? I actually would've loved to see more of that! His annoyance with them all was especially funny.

I'm guessing you don't watch the subs? As for Kiawe, can't you see they're eating him out of house and home, the poor boy lmao.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom