• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S20 EP42: Alola, Kanto!

Was Matori's name mentioned in this dubbed episode? Because I know the Japanese version they did when Meowth said her name.

Who's That Pokemon!?:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo2aTGHr9PE&feature=youtu.be

Pokedex Entry:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_FHToTP9oI&feature=youtu.be

Cast List
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Brian Kim
Michele Knotz
Michael Liscio Jr.
Zoe Martin
Lisa Ortiz
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Eileen Stevens
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson

Oh, and have this scene. You deserve it!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwqj8szyLG4&feature=youtu.be

Was Matori's name mentioned in this dubbed episode? Because I know the Japanese version they did when Meowth said her name.
No Jessie calls her a Bob-Cut, glasses gal. And Meowth calls her Loser Locks

They never mention her name in the dub for some reason, even if it was said in the original version. But I believe that it was revealed her dub name is Matori as well through closed captioning of an earlier SM episode.

When I heard Misty I was just wondering where May is standing XD
,,I'm a little bit jelaous how carefree you are"- you even don't suspect, my girl...

Last edited:
When I heard Misty I was just wondering where May is standing XD
,,I'm a little bit jelaous how carefree you are"- you even don't suspect, my girl...

Have to admit Michele Knotz appears to have used her May voice for Misty, was really hoping (but not expecting) them to bring back Rachel Lillis for the episode

Have to admit Michele Knotz appears to have used her May voice for Misty, was really hoping (but not expecting) them to bring back Rachel Lillis for the episode
I know how you feel. These voices don't remind me OS at all, but, on the other hand:
1. I heard DP May and AG Misty.
2. I heard DP Brock.
So, I could treat it as perfect commemoration of all my fav series- OS, AG and DP. Then, I'm pretty glad.

Who's That Pokemon!?:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo2aTGHr9PE&feature=youtu.be

Pokedex Entry:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_FHToTP9oI&feature=youtu.be

Cast List
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Brian Kim
Michele Knotz
Michael Liscio Jr.
Zoe Martin
Lisa Ortiz
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Eileen Stevens
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson

Oh, and have this scene. You deserve it!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwqj8szyLG4&feature=youtu.be

No Jessie calls her a Bob-Cut, glasses gal. And Meowth calls her Loser Locks

Excuse me. Let me guess. It's Ash and the Alolan Gang in today's WTP, right? Without Misty and Brock.

This episode was great for the nostalgia value, but was a bit of a mixed bag otherwise. For one, this episode seems to have the same pacing issues the movie that immediately followed it on TV did; it feels more like a series of loosely connected skits than a full feature. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but the unusually fast pace threw me off a bit. On the other hand, I'm pleasantly surprised they remembered Jigglypuff, the Squirtle Squad and (especially) Larvitar. After XY's borderline nonexistent continuity, it's nice to know that at least some of the writers remember the series' past – even if the series will still march on for the most part. Now bring back Pidgeot.

Dub-wise, although I didn't dislike it before by any means, I felt a noticeable improvement in Brock's voice. I actually think the TPCi actors shine the most when they're not trying to imitate their 4Kids counterparts, and are putting their own spins are on the characters. So kudos to Bill Rogers for that; I think the long period since he's last voiced Brock actually helped him in the long run. Knotz's Misty, while she also doesn't seem to be trying to imitate Rachael Lillis this time around, seems to be stuck in her May voice. Which isn't a bad thing unless they both show up in the future. One last thing about the dub, I noticed that they decided to handle the Japanese Bulbasaur pun in Oak's senryu (the whole "isn't it strange" thing) by playing off its French name, "Bulbizarre". And I don't know about you, but the meta fan in me was delighted.

Last edited:
Was hoping Brock and Misty would be included, maybe next week
I thought so, too. But, SM047's WTP will be read by Ash and Gladion only, because the Alolan gang is absent, except for Lillie who had a minor role in the beginning and the flashback.

Just got round to watching it, Christmas has COME EARLY!!!

Such a brilliant episode, was great fun to watch

Misty's voice as mentioned above I'm not that keen on

Although brief, did sound like Totodile had a new voice actor

Was such great fun seeing Oak's lab for the first time since Best Wishes, wish we'd seen more of Ash's old Pokemon but great fun to see Bulbasaur, Tauros, Muk

Was such great fun seeing Oak's lab for the first time since Best Wishes, wish we'd seen more of Ash's old Pokemon but great fun to see Bulbasaur, Tauros, Muk

I wish we could have got to see more mon too, but there's just too many to effectively give a chance at screen time. I'm just happy for the usually Muk gag - they should have had Charizard there to blow fire at Ash's head and it would have been complete.

I wish we could have got to see more mon too, but there's just too many to effectively give a chance at screen time. I'm just happy for the usually Muk gag - they should have had Charizard there to blow fire at Ash's head and it would have been complete.

Guess we can just dream about how it would have gone had Kiawe and his Charizard seen Ash's Charizard do that to Ash

Kiawe: Don't you get any ideas Charizard

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom