• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM052: The Altar of the Sun! Solgaleo Descends!!

One of the hype episode. Unfortunately. It short. Awaiting for the next one, in which will be epic battle of Ash vs Lusamine fuse with Nihilego for the climatic ending the game of Sun & Moon.

I was a bit surprised Bewear didn't shoot off into that wormhole with Team Rocket. T'would've been nice for them to be apart of this. They're appearing next week, so this would have been there best chance to be a part of this fight, attack some Ultra Beasts, or at least witness the events.

The music was so perfect in this episode. It really sold me on the mystic atmosphere of what's happening.

Really cool that Kukui has a Pokémon! Maybe he even has a full team?

Wonder how long he's had it for and if Ash knows he had one
Maybe the whole time and I'd day no. He never outright said Rockruff was his and laughed at the fact that people thought it was his in SM015's Poke Problem. He probably likes hiding things.

I find it surprisingly boring. They didn't really need a whole episode to show Hoshigumo's evolution and Satoshi's new Z-Ring. Half of the episode is spent with filler scenes like Kukui's saving the damsel in distress act, Totems' showing off their dance skills, and Team Rocket is pokeblocked again by Kiteruguma.

First half was meh imo but certainly not the worst when it comes to pointless scenes especially in SM. I was a bit confused by the Tapus creating a large projection, mostly because it showed Solgaleo and Lunala creating Nebby but then sending it away with the Tapus but at the same time Solgaleo and Lunala remained where they were. My question is, is Nebby a second Solgaleo or like just an extension of it? Maybe its just an empty vessel like to just summon Solgaleo or Lunala when it 'evolves'. That really confused me.
Other than that, I called the Tapus making the old Z ring into the new one and everything else was okay. Kukui helping his waifu was 100 though and he looks like a hella strong trainer, can't wait for Ash to battle him hopefully.

First half was meh imo but certainly not the worst when it comes to pointless scenes especially in SM. I was a bit confused by the Tapus creating a large projection, mostly because it showed Solgaleo and Lunala creating Nebby but then sending it away with the Tapus but at the same time Solgaleo and Lunala remained where they were. My question is, is Nebby a second Solgaleo or like just an extension of it? Maybe its just an empty vessel like to just summon Solgaleo or Lunala when it 'evolves'. That really confused me.
Other than that, I called the Tapus making the old Z ring into the new one and everything else was okay. Kukui helping his waifu was 100 though and he looks like a hella strong trainer, can't wait for Ash to battle him hopefully.
I never thought Kukui would have a Braviary. Not only is he a teacher of the Pokemon School, but I see he is also a Pokemon trainer.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom