• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM060: Lilie Soars Through the Air! The PokéSled Jump Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Satoshi and his friends have come to the snow-covered Lanakila Mountain. There, they meet Sara, an expert at a snow sport called the "PokéSled Jump Tournament".
Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 下田正美 (Masami Shimoda)
Episode Director 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)
Credit goes to Dephender for the translation of the summary and episode title and the staff list.

This episode is clearly character development for Lillie, but I hope that Snowy's getting some too. Seeing how Mount Lanakila was where its Egg was found and everything.

Also, the most speculative part of me is screaming "EVOLVE, SNOWY!!" but I'm keeping those expectations in check until we know more.

Also, the most speculative part of me is screaming "EVOLVE, SNOWY!!" but I'm keeping those expectations in check until we know more.

This should mean development for Snowy (but still too early for her to evolve).

Given how this saga treats evolution (right, Steenee?), I wouldn't be surprised if it DID evolve. Or at the very least got a new move (which I'd be happier with)

I'm also curious if Lillie gets an Icium-Z or a Z-Ring while they're at it.

Last edited:
This episode is clearly character development for Lillie, but I hope that Snowy's getting some too. Seeing how Mount Lanakila was where its Egg was found and everything.

Snowy hasn't done enough to warrant an evolution, and even if did, Alolan Vulpix is very marketable and Snowy in particular got a life-sized plush of it released, so it's unlikely to ever evolve.

And we know it isn't evolving in this ep anyway since it's still a Vulpix in the following ep; you can see it with Lillie on Altaria.

Last edited:
Wonder if this is when that Alolan Sandshrew from the various merch will appear.

I don't think is going to happened. I kinda doubt, writer is going to save it later for the other classmate revisit again, where Kukui wanted to establishing the Pokémon league at the top of Mountain. In which, that episode, where the Alolan Sandshrew is getting bullied here and there, injured, exhausted and hungry, it decided to run away and finally in moment before meeting with Ash and the other it collapsed at outside one of the shelter apartment.

The only way for Snowy evolve. It will be up to Tapu Bulu wanted do something with it or not. By shattering some of the Ice Rock and convert to Ice Stone, secretly spread it to her. Although, it didn't work. But after her mind being snapped such as witnessing something like Ash Pokémon being knock out or in the desperate time like Alolan Sandshrew jump out and take a hit to protect her. Then, the miracle will occurred. Also, Tapus had ability to convert anything as we seen they did to upgrade Ash Z-Ring to Z-Power Ring. I pretty sure, something like ice rock will also can be converted if the writer wanted that to happened.

Given how this saga treats evolution (right, Steenee?), I wouldn't be surprised if it DID evolve. Or at the very least got a new move (which I'd be happier with)

I'm also curious if Lillie gets an Icium-Z or a Z-Ring while they're at it.

Bounsweet was a different situation, it's inherently a very weak Pokemon that can't do much to defend itself.

Snowy hasn't done enough to warrant an evolution, and even if did, Alolan Vulpix is very marketable and Snowy in particular got a life-sized plush of it released, so it's unlikely to ever evolve.

And we know it isn't evolving in this ep anyway since it's still a Vulpix in the following ep; you can see it with Lillie on Altaria.

Unfortunately, I think you're right about that one.

Oh! I didn't notice that. Well there goes that theory. But I still think that this episode will have character development for Snowy. Maybe it learns a new move or something (Powder Snow alone is getting really old really fast)?

Now my new speculation theory is that Lillie will find an Icium Z while up there...

Welp, let's just skip Malie City, Mt. Hokulani, the Hokulani Observatory and all the Routes in-between.
This is most likely not the only Ula'Ula episode. There's a trial there and I think that it will appear.

I honestly have no interest in this episode. a sledding episode really? Also Lillie centered possibly again? Is Shiron going to finally learn a second move?

I honestly have no interest in this episode. a sledding episode really? Also Lillie centered possibly again? Is Shiron going to finally learn a second move?

I personally hope so. I think this episode could be more about character development for Snowy rather than Lillie, since she just got some time in the spotlight.

I personally hope so. I think this episode could be more about character development for Snowy rather than Lillie, since she just got some time in the spotlight.

I snowy gets development then I'm more than fine with it because the one trick fox needs something. My issue is with the setting, is that really the best they could come up with for the place that possibly will hold the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom