• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM063: Blaze, Nyabby! Overthrow Gaogaen!!

Still have to watched it subbed, but damn... Loved this episode. Especially loved Team Rocket even though they didn't do anything super "plot relevant" this episode, but these little character moments make a show for me, and it's basically what's on point with the rest of the episode. Gonna have to watch it subbed to get a more exact idea of how I feel about this episode (since the stream I watched muted the part when "Alola!!" was used as an insert song), but I can say that at least on a surface level I enjoyed it (even if the animation was kinda average this episode, besides a few great highlights that will probably be on Sakugabooru in a few hours).

Great Episode! I been waiting for Ash's Pokémon evolve for a very long time ever since Lycanroc. The only thing that disappointed me that Torracat lost at the end. This create a rivalry between them kinda of remind me in XY series of Ash's Greninja with Sawyer's Sceptile.

Awaiting for next episode.

Great Episode! I been waiting for Ash's Pokémon evolve for a very long time ever since Lycanroc. The only thing that disappointed me that Torracat lost at the end. This create a rivalry between them kinda of remind me in XY series of Ash's Greninja with Sawyer's Sceptile.

Awaiting for next episode.

Same thing for Serena's Fennekin who evolved into Braixen when battled Aria's Delphox and Aromatisse.

After a moment of thinking, I came to realize that Torracat losing despite evolving is actually great. This way, we get to see a rivalry building up between Torracat and Incineroar, which may one day culminate in an Incineroar vs Incineroar battle, where Ash will finally defeat the Masked Royal.

Overall, an awesome episode. Too much good stuff to list here. The only minor nitpick I have is that Primarina (and Decidueye) only got this small appearance to be its anime debut, but that's purely bias from a Primarina fanboy, and I can forgive that.

Interesting how Flame Charge has become a Ash-staple move thanks to Pignite and Talonflame. Wonder if Torracat will pick up the other staple move Flamethrower anytime soon.

Interesting how Flame Charge has become a Ash-staple move thanks to Pignite and Talonflame. Wonder if Torracat will pick up the other staple move Flamethrower anytime soon.

Well, Fiarrow never picked up Flamethrower so who knows...

As good as this episode was, I can't help but wonder exactly what is going to happen to Mokuroh based on its treatment in this episode. From how it appears, Mokuroh has no real interest in battling and Satoshi seems to be fine with this. When was the last time he left a single Pokemon out of a group training session? It's not like Mokuroh wasn't invited; it saw its teammates training at some point but was still content to sleep.

Junaiper and Ashirene's debuts were unexpected... also, the way their trainers were dressed reminded me of how the show used to show all the final starter evolutions at once in the movies.

I'm really glad that Nyaheat didn't win in the end, it sets up a nice rivalry for him and Gaogaen.

I'll be honest, I was expecting this to be an Evolution by Fire! like episode so was rather shocked but pleased when Torracat failed to beat Incineroar after evolving. I like the fact it suggests a rivalry between them, this could be fun.

Wonder if Litten went up to Incineroar at the start because it recognised it from his past or Professor Kukui

As much as I liked seeing Team Rocket as the hosts, the way they got the job seemed kinda forced/arbitrary. Couldn't they directly apply for the part with the excuse of finding strong Pokémon at the arena or something? It's more believable than this huge event that's broadcast live on TV and has thousands of people assisting not having a replacement host prepared.

Calling it now - Torracat will be this series' Greninja/Infernape, but he won't ever beat Kukui's Incineroar, because just like Alain's Charizard, it is basically on par with Mega Rayquaza when it comes to power.

As much as I liked seeing Team Rocket as the hosts, the way they got the job seemed kinda forced/arbitrary. Couldn't they directly apply for the part with the excuse of finding strong Pokémon at the arena or something? It's more believable than this huge event that's broadcast live on TV and has thousands of people assisting not having a replacement host prepared.
I'll take it over seeing a Bewear gag for the hundredth time.

Well, this episode certainly filled the butt-wiggling quota for the rest of my life.

Seriously though, I enjoyed this episode a lot more than I thought I might, I was originally kind of worried because a WWE-themed episode normally wouldn't be my thing. But the pacing and build-up to Nyabby's evolution were nice, and I like Nyaheat! Kinda hope he doesn't evolve anymore TBH. The animation was basically fine, no complaints there.

Team Rocket were perfectly lovely in this, I mean how unthinkable would it have been in the OS for them to just be all like, "Welp, we got our honestly-earned cash, let's go peacefully home." The SM series has been pretty awesome like that. Bonus points for Nyasu silently cheering Nyabby on.

Loved it! Another SM episode chock full of character moments that allowed everyone to shine, whilst not taking the spotlight from the Nyabby/Nyheat vs. Gaogaen build-up.

Things I loved:
- The utter hamminess of Royal Mask
- Satoshi tickling Pikachu's neck when they were sat in the stands
- Suiren the relatable fangirl
- Maamane the relatable fanboy
- They flipping referenced Fire!Kojirou!!! :X3:
- The entire Alola bum-dance sequence
- Satoshi's & Kukui's response to finding Royal Mask's mask

Not so keen on the boys battling whilst the girls once again sat it out. Kaki demonstrated literally 0 interest, why not allow Suiren to battle instead of him?

Also, how come the Ashirene trainer looked like another relative of Suiren? Can a little more creativity please be exercised...

Bonus:
idWl5U.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom