• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP09: Revealing the Stuff of Legend!

Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Is there a censorship in this episode? Did they edit out the scene of Wobbuffet's soul coming out from its mouth? Is Cosmoem featured in the dub's Who's That Pokemon? There are so many questions I need to know.

The episode's aired on Disney XD now.

Last edited:
Who's That Pokemon!?:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0XTLp8slek

There we no Pokedex Entries in this episode

Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Michele Knotz
Eddy Lee
Suzy Myers
Ryan Nicolls
Lisa Ortiz
Haven Paschall
Erica Schroeder
Eileen Stevens

There was censorship in today's episode

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPZj4EChuKU

Who's That Pokemon!?:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0XTLp8slek

There we no Pokedex Entries in this episode

Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Michele Knotz
Eddy Lee
Suzy Myers
Ryan Nicolls
Lisa Ortiz
Haven Paschall
Erica Schroeder
Eileen Stevens

Say, did the ending theme get updated with Ash having a Z-Power Ring in place of Z-Ring?

Last edited:
Japan actually never updated past the Lycanroc change. Poze never got a Z-Power Ring
Actually, they did. If you look closely at those pics, you might see the difference.
ryrnO
kfSDm

Comment on the episode...
That episode was annoying. Whilst, it was very interesting, with the Island Guardians and all, it was so slow and there were gaps where nothing was happening, they were obviously trying to get more episodes out of it and I think that they could've placed "to be continued" when they actually started to fight Nihilego. Ugh, I was not impressed by the amount of content in it.

So, this was a basically a calm before the storm type of episode we have here. I gotta admit this was kinda boring for me, nothing but talking, a Ritual while interesting did make me wish we saw more from the Tapus though, the sudden revelation that Kukui owns a Braviary... where was it throughout the series thus far?, and TR being forced into this. I did however like that Ash's Z-ring is now turned into a Z-power ring and performed searing sunraze smash with Nebby who BTW is now a freaking Solgaleo! Ash getting that Solganium-Z though pretty sure it was meant for just that moment and finally a wormhole opens now we can try to get Lusamine back though I'm already aware about what happens next cuz of the games so yeah. This was decent not bad especially towards the final half but it was kind of a drag. I'll give this an 8/10.

It was so boring - the only exciting bit was the Tapus. It really could've been shortened and Pokemon haven't really done this before in a situation like this. My rating would be 5/10.

This episode left me feeling very conflicted. There was a lot to like and a lot not to here. I enjoyed seeing Kukui come to rescue his GF with his Braviary(!). I loved seeing the Tapus sing and dance while showing off each of their unique personalities. And I absolutely adored seeing little Nebby evolve into the great Solgaleo and Lillie embrace it, especially since it was an already iconic and sweet moment from the games – though I wished it was Lunala if only to correlate better with my personal experience.

But the rest left me feeling more than a little unsatisfied. TR overstayed their welcome even more than usual here, and for flimsy reasoning at that – I know they had to wrap up the Protokoffing subplot, but why on earth would they be disappointed? And even the protagonists spend most of the episode goofing around waiting for the Tapus to be finished. Aside from one off-hand comment from Gladion, there was no tension or suspense to be found. It just overall feels like the important parts could be easily condensed into part of another episode with nothing else of value being lost.

Got round to watching the episode, was rather boring with a lot of padding

Probably my least favorite episode of Season 21 so far, would have been boring even if Team Rocket hadn't appeared, pity Bewear didn't just take them back to its den

EDIT:

Voice actor confirmation, Tapu Bulu is voiced by Sam Black, aka Marowak

Last edited:
Got round to watching the episode, was rather boring with a lot of padding

Probably my least favorite episode of Season 21 so far, would have been boring even if Team Rocket hadn't appeared, pity Bewear didn't just take them back to its den

EDIT:

Voice actor confirmation, Tapu Bulu is voiced by Sam Black, aka Marowak

The only episode in the Aether Arc I really did not care for, they could have tweeked it to have Nebby evolve in either the previous episode or the episode where they fight Lusamine. More would have happened in either or than in this episode.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom