• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM083: Satoshi Becomes Small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
SM083 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Airs July 26th. Credit for summary translation goes to Dephender:
Sauboh from Aether Paradise has come to the Pokémon School to act as a special lecturer for today's class. In order to get the students interested in science, he has prepared a machine that can turn anything big small with a single flick of a switch. Sauboh prepares to give them a demonstration right away, but the machine won't work right. And when he finally thought he got it started, Satoshi ends up becoming tiny......?!

I'm definitely not watching this episode, unless more is revealed about happens in the episode. Faba just straight up annoys me. The evil scientist schtick is getting old, nobody will ever be as awesome and misunderstood as Colress.

Guarantee, this is going to be another worse episode of the series. Perhaps, we might see that dirty old hug (Faba) perform Z-Move of Psychic-type. But, It very unlikely as he don't have both of Psychium Z & the Z-Ring.

Guarantee, this is going to be another worse episode of the series. Perhaps, we might see that dirty old hug (Faba) perform Z-Move of Psychic-type. But, It very unlikely as he don't have both of Psychium Z & the Z-Ring.
Correction: We haven't seen him own a Psychium Z and Z-Ring. Sawyer from XY should be enough evidence that we doesn't get to see every single bit of a side character's Pokémon team growth.

Are they literally copying episode plots from Doraemon?
Lol who knows. They arent very creative.

We've never had a proper shrink episode in Pokemon, so who cares really? Since Sun&Moon is mostly a comedy oriented season, this is a great time for it.

Personally I want to see how the classmates react to tiny Ash and who will take care of him in this shape?

Are they literally copying episode plots from Doraemon?
Care to explain the plot of the episode they're copying? Because if it's just "it's an episode were someone gets hit by a shrinking ray" that's not enough. And even if it was the same. Who's to say they're copying it? It could very well be playing a homage to it.

Gotta give the SM series some credit more actually being more creative with their fillers rather than random generic COTD episodes (take notes Johto) with nice episodes like SM028, SM029, SM057, SM058, etc.
and actually manage to make engaging plots worth watching.

Really looking forward to this one so far even if this type of episode archetype IS kind of used a lot because let's be honest, would you really expect this type of plot in a Pokemon series?

Care to explain the plot of the episode they're copying? Because if it's just "it's an episode were someone gets hit by a shrinking ray" that's not enough. And even if it was the same. Who's to say they're copying it? It could very well be playing a homage to it.

Doraemon has futuristic gadgets. One of which happens to be a shrinking ray one day. It is accidentally used on the main character and shenanigans continue.

I just felt it was overused cliche (I also remember Kiteretsu with a similar ray which was used time and time again) and a plot which felt strange for Pokemon.

It’s nice to see new things SM brings on the table but this one isn’t for me, since this plot feels strange for Pokemon (younger and present me associate Pokémon with creatures and adventure more than such gadgets and gags) and overused.

It would be interesting to see how Pokemon handles it.

because let's be honest, would you really expect this type of plot in a Pokemon series?

Well, Sabrina did shrink Ash, Misty and Brock that one time she put them in her dollhouse. Then again it was during the early days of the Anime.
There was also the Natu episode in DP with Ash in addition to Dawn and Barry shrinking, but they interacted with just Pokemon being bigger than them.

This one feels like it will be the first time it happens in the real world with no magic involved, just science.

Me: Ok, could we be serious for like a moment?
SM: "Satoshi becomes small!"
Me: *Facepalms, Sights and goes for a drink*
Ok, first Lusamine sent kids to deal with aliens.
Then, She leaves them in hands of a criminal. Nihilegos toxin is working after all.
And i really doubt that this "spacial lecturer" did that acidentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom