• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP22: Smashing with Sketch!

I really find it annoying that other countries are getting these episodes before America, OK I'm not American but Lisa Ortiz nor the voice actors will discuss episodes until they air in America

The "good" news: They kept 3.75 pieces of Japanese music in this one's dub, making this the episode to keep the most Japanese music in all of Season 21's dub and after 21 episodes, out of the nonstop 1-2/xx pattern thus far: title card, one and three quarters of three themes in Kiawe vs. Lana at the ping pong (Gopal replaced the first quarter of the second piece I'm mentioning with the dub's stock laundry theme), and the TR theme music when Jessie showed off her ping pong in her blonde wig with James having a rose in his mouth. Considering how the bar is for the dub these days in this aspect, 3.75 pieces kept is alright for today's standards (compared to the previous 20 seasons it's nothing but hey, take what we can get at this point).

I also think Wayne Grayson is probably dub Ikari, sounded an awful lot like a mix between his Dartz from the Yu-Gi-Oh dub and his Joey Wheeler, without the accent- needless to say I find it a miscast, didn't really fit the build of the character (imagine, the one character I think they should've actually used Marc Thompson for in spite of TPCi using him for so many COTDs and roles since the BW dub began all the way into the SM dub now), but won't comment on the rest of the acting or writing, it's the same as usual, though Lillie sounds even more like a 30 year old woman than usual to me so there's that (and TR still alliterate and rhyme as usual in the dub).

Last edited:
Who's That Pokemon!?:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiePL-yzOMc

Pokedex Entries:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6yHXU5oPGI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxq8DszmXdk

Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Rebecca Becker
Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Francesca Calo
Carter Cathcart
Ryan William Downey
Abe Goldfarb
Wayne Grayson
Brittney Lee Hamilton
Emily Jenness
Michele Knotz
Michael Liscio Jr
Erica Schroeder

Francesca Calo

Again with Francesca Calo, I doubt that she voices Eevee english dub

and who's Ikari in english dub? Any ideas?

and for who's that pokemon segment, that voices ash, ash's classmates and ilima also for "Ikari" english dub

What's so nice about that? Eevee sounds just fine with it's Japanese voice and doesn't need a dub voice. Plain and simple.
I've actually been pretty surprised too at how many Pokémon who have the same/similar names in Japanese and English are still getting dubbed. Is recruiting new voice actors and/or recording new lines somehow cheaper than just getting the rights to use the Japanese voices in the dub, or what is the big problem?

I prefer to see Pokemon getting dubbed voices, not only to add to my VA list when Lisa Ortiz sends the cast lists but it helps make Bulbapedia complete if the Japanese VA is unknown

I guess Illma isn't a one off after all lol. That darn Pokemon Pingpong tho. I hope Ambipob shows up

"it sounds sorta famlilar" gee I wonder why

Smeragle licking the paint on the tail is kinda like licking its own snot...

I was gonna question is a Pokemon could use a paddle lol. Guess they can lol. Also Lille's hair is pretty cute

Bit mean to only let one class play pingpong

Lille's "omg" face lol

Pikachu sux at pinball. Maybe stop using Iron Tail lol

I thought it'd be "being BFFs with your Pokemon"

Mallow is a cheat lol

Assuming Snowy will freeze the ball and get DQed

Kiawe's fake Z move lol. I was about to question wasting Z move like that and wheter he can use it like that... lol. he failed by saying it was a fake!

Whoever made this episode really likes tennis lol

lmao she actually used a Z move. Now she can't use that trick again

we don't get to see the second round!?

RIP Illma. Lost to some girl. He's gonna win this time tho because Pokemon. Also, Akari is a girl's name lol

Also, this Akari guy looks dumb. be funny if he lost in round one but that's not how it works lol

I'm sure has has fought a Meinshao before

Of course they had to make this guy a jerk lol. Can't have a "main character" losing to a nice guy

Jessie wearing a wig for once. Wow, an actual convincing disguise

Sketch? cool. I hope he knows a move deleter lol, cuz now that's his only move

Team Rocket always having to cheat lol

I hope that building doesn't cost too much to fix.

That was a quick tourney

Pound lol

I Guess he deleted Counter mid tourney. Or sketch is different in the anime lol

Sketch/Hi-Jump kick shows it's different then lol and gee I'm shocked, Illma won. That guy didn't deserve to win anyway lol

I guess those girls practised their good bye chant. weird

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom