• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP Manga to be released in the U.S.!

Pokeyug

Ash Freak!
Reaction score
I was recently looking at Pokemon books on Amazon.com, when I found this:
http://www.amazon.com/Pokémon-Diamo...r_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200931726&sr=1-10

According to that link, the first volume of the DP manga is set to be released in the U.S. on April 1, 2008!

Here is Amazon's product description:

"The manga series tie-in to the newest generation of the Pokémon collection!

Set in the country Sinnoh, the story follows the adventures of Hareta, a young boy raised in the wild with Pokémon. Recruited by Prof. Rowan, he decides to become a Pokémon trainer after catching his first tame one, Piplup. He and the Professor's assistant, Mitsumi, set off on a quest to find Dialga, one of the three "Legendary" Pokémon, which is rumored to be able to control time. But Team Galactic, lead by villainous Cyrus, is hunting for Dialga too."

I just also found volume 2. You can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/Pokémon-Diamo...=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200931726&sr=1-7
This is set to be released on July 1, 2008.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Why Viz, not Chuang Yi?

If Chuang Yi does not release that, I'll never get a chance to read that!

Unless someone scans it...

OMG! If only it was pokemon special!

Why? I think it's good to see something different.

For Pokespecial, I have Korean scans, or even Coronis's summaries.

For other mangas, we have nothing!

That's why I bought "alternative" mangas from Grimsg, instead of buying 20 volumes of Special...

yes! finally, we get ONE pokemon manga! still, if it only was a special. but, from what i've read, this will probably suffice.

Aww man.. this isn't special? They aren't sure the name isn't a typo? The pokemon special series use to go by the name Pokemon Adventure in the US. It's good to see them come over again.

Aww man.. this isn't special? They aren't sure the name isn't a typo? The pokemon special series use to go by the name Pokemon Adventure in the US. It's good to see them come over again.
No its not special. If it was it would be illustrated by Satoshi Yamamoto.

Eeee! :D

This is Pokémon DP, right? From what I've seen of that, it looks really good. I'll definetly be buying this.

I'm hoping this will show up in some of Canada's Anime conventions.....

.....I might actually attend!

Also glad it's not special since DP special seems kind of meh to me.

And one more thing.

How could it be DP Special, if DP Special has not been released in Tankobon yet, even in Japan?!

Wait, the US finally gets another manga released and all people can say is "too bad, it's not Special"? WHAT?

Yes. I wish the people would stop whining without a reason.

Anyways, I'm starting an action. I already made a thread on PokeCommunity. I search for anyone who could buy the comic and scan it. Scanners unite!

Wait, the US finally gets another manga released and all people can say is "too bad, it's not Special"? WHAT?
well, think about it. most people read special, considering special is like THE Pokemon manga in japan. Special is practicably the manga counterpart of the Anime. most other mangas lasted only one or two generations, at best, and were really no competition for the Special. sure, there were a few gems, but when you say Pokemon Manga, everyone thinks Special.

I just didn't really like Pokemon DP.

I was curious to see if it was a typo one way or another (either putting the wrong author's name, or the wrong title) because Amazon does that.. but I see it is probably not the case. I'll probably get it anyways.. it just wasn't to my taste.

---------
edit: I don't like Magical Pokemon either... but that isn't in my demographic anyways. I think Getto Da Ze is funny when ever I read it (sometimes), but I don't like it enough to buy it.

Last edited:
That would be Pocket Monsters. PokeSpe is just the most popular with westerners because it's the most serious.

There is no such thing as an "main" manga series. Even Pocket Monsters, which I adore, is just one of many, many manga series available right now.

All the manga series are equally official.

I was curious to see if it was a typo one way or another (either putting the wrong author's name, or the wrong title) because Amazon does that.. but I see it is probably not the case. I'll probably get it anyways.. it just wasn't to my taste.

Even if it was a typo, how could it be DP Special? DP Special hasn't been released in a tankobon even in Japan, so why would it come to America so quickly?!

DP Special is very mundane. It is wrong to hope for its American release based on a positive impression from the previous chapters; the writers have obviously reached the point where their desire to remain "original" collides with the ability to conceive a decently interesting plot.

Honestly Special always looked like a bore to me, and the art style never screamed "WOW!" to me either.

I'm glad we're getting something else.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom