• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour control: Movie 10 dub title announced?

Nando

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I'm very suspicious about this, so I'm looking to try and find out more.

Apparently today a commercial aired on CN for the Tag Battle special, and at the end, some details about Movie 10 were announced.

If the rumour is true, the title is The Rise of Darkrai and a trailer is going to air after the Tag Battle special on Feburary 1st.

Has anyone else heard this?

If that's true, that's not a very good title, given what happens.

Not having seen the supposed commercial in question, could it be a phrase uttered during it rather than the actual title?

And either way, if this does exist, Pokemon.com will be mad at them for revealing it before they did.

Yah..... I'd have something like "Dual of the Dragons".. although that probably wouldn't be fitting either.

What's there to be "very suspicious" about? Ultimately, what the title ends up being is totally irrelevant anyway.

I like the title.

The original title was kinda...er... THREE LEDGENDARIES FREE FOR ALL KILL EVERYONE!

While this title seems more relaxed, yet doesn't spoil the "twist".

I'm suspicious about this information in general. Not just the title but the supposed trailer too.

Blackjack, you might be right. After all, the mangas listed on Amazon for this summer carried the Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai title.

Yah..... I'd have something like "Dual of the Dragons".. although that probably wouldn't be fitting either.

That sounds like a YuGiOh story arc or something.

Of course, "The Rise of Darkrai" sounds like something from Digimon (I may be thinking exclusively of "The Rise of Rizegreymon", but still).

I'm suspicious about this information in general. Not just the title but the supposed trailer too.

Blackjack, you might be right. After all, the mangas listed on Amazon for this summer carried the Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai title.

For all we know that could have been subject to change.

Yeah, I'd kinda thought the movie would keep it's Japanese title too considering the translated manga has that title (at the moment).

It wasn't a commercial. It was announced by the host kid during one of those "Fried Dynamite" segments. They did indeed announce the movie as "The Rise of Darkrai" they also said that it would be airing in March. So we can assume the DVD release will be around that time frame.

Pokemon 4Ever and Pokemon Heroes' titles had no relevance to the actual movie.

I don't get how The Rise of Darkrai sounds stupid. It makes sense to an extent compared to what I mentioned. It's not like kids or some critic watching are gonna deeply analyze THE FREAKING TITLE.

Besides the original Japanese title sounds too misleading compared to "The Rise of Darkrai". The original Japanese title sounded like some ultimateshowdownofutlimatedestiny lasting for many eons or something.

It's not as bad as The Power of One... yeah, Ash totally did that all by himself. He didn't need Team Rocket to help him get to one island and didn't need Misty to save him from drowning. [/sarcasm]

It's not as bad as The Power of One... yeah, Ash totally did that all by himself. He didn't need Team Rocket to help him get to one island and didn't need Misty to save him from drowning. [/sarcasm]

Maybe...it was supposed to mean...we ALL are one...:0 or...should COMBINE FORCES AS ONE TO FIGHT TEH EVIL AND OBSESSIVE COLLECTORS!

Heck I dunno, that always made me go "hurr?" too. Especially since Team Rocket were all for dying to help really protect the world from devastation. Bet you anything Ash suspected they were going to pull some crap when they let go of Lugia.

How many times have they helped him, anyway?

Anywho...I have to say..."The Rise of Darkrai" is better than the original. Just about any title would be better than that...except the "Pokemon 4Ever" one. I mean, really. Guess that was about the time the fad was really dying out.

Pokemon 4Ever and Pokemon Heroes' titles had no relevance to the actual movie.

I don't get how The Rise of Darkrai sounds stupid. It makes sense to an extent compared to what I mentioned. It's not like kids or some critic watching are gonna deeply analyze THE FREAKING TITLE.

Besides the original Japanese title sounds too misleading compared to "The Rise of Darkrai". The original Japanese title sounded like some ultimateshowdownofutlimatedestiny lasting for many eons or something.

4Ever = Forever = Pokemon will last forever = Celebi can timetravel
Heroes = Annie: "So you wanna be a hero, ha? We'll take you first!"

There is still no excuse for using a "4" instead of "For".

That's possibly the lamest number-word ever created and used in a title of a movie.

Well, it was the 4th movie. And I suppose they thought they were being cool or something haha

Well, it's not that bad, better than Palkia vs Dialga vs Darkrai vs Murku.BIRD

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom