• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP41: The Long Vault Home!

Reaction score
New episode aired on TVNZ
Keep spoilers in the spoilers tag please.

Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Sam Black
Roger Callagy
Emily Cramer
Ryan William Downey
Daniel J. Edwards
Abe Goldfarb
Wayne Grayson
Bobbi Hartley
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Riley Joseph
Lisa Ortiz
H.D. Quinn
Marc Thompson

Watching the episode, I think I detected an error, Viren refers to Ash as ''the brat from yesterday''

I'm no expert on timing but wouldn't the encounter with Viren have been the day before yesterday?

Thoughts

Man, this was infuriating to watch

They spend the entire day throwing poké balls at it and then have the gall to say they couldn't think of anything else to do?!

And the next day, Ash plans to throw TWO balls at the same time!

What a brave, intelligent, and ingenious hero

Then there's Tsundereena caving in Kiawe's skull and Ash's numerous blunders

Screw this episode, screw the Ultra Guardians, and screw the SM anime for dropping the ball on such a promising generation

Man, this was infuriating to watch

They spend the entire day throwing poké balls at it and then have the gall to say they couldn't think of anything else to do?!

And the next day, Ash plans to throw TWO balls at the same time!

What a brave, intelligent, and ingenious hero

Then there's Tsundereena caving in Kiawe's skull and Ash's numerous blunders

Screw this episode, screw the Ultra Guardians, and screw the SM anime for dropping the ball on such a promising generation
So much for being called "Ultra Guardians."

Watching the episode, I think I detected an error, Viren refers to Ash as ''the brat from yesterday''

I'm no expert on timing but wouldn't the encounter with Viren have been the day before yesterday?

Thoughts
The Japanese version says "yesterday" (kinou) as well. What I'm wondering is just what the whole phrase is. I'm not familiar with his way of speaking, so what he says after "Kisama kinou no" is kind of lost on me ("kinou no ko" [ko meaning kid] would make sense to me; "kinou no kozue[n?]ge" doesn't 0_o???).

I actually didn't hate this episode, and I usually don't really like the Ultra Guardian episodes. Maybe because there were some good lines/moments thrown in (mostly having to do with Viren...Kiawe was gold this episode with him).

Stakataka is a weird Ultra Beast (not like that's unusual, pretty much all of the Ultra Beasts are weird as hell) but I guess the premise behind it was odd, with the vault jumping. On one hand, I liked it; there were cute moments and it reminded me of when I was a gymnast. But it was also kind of a weird lesson I guess. "We're gonna practing jumping" like okay Kukui, what's that helping them with though?? Yeah, I know it helped with eventually beating Stakataka. I just meant in general, as like...an actual lesson, lol.

Still, I appreciate episodes which can make me laugh and put a smile on my face, so for that, the episode was enjoyable enough. Ultra Guardians and Ultra Beasts still don't do much for me as a plot point, though.

Yet another great episode! While I am getting a little tired of the Ultra Beast thing, the humor in this episode more than made up for it. My favorite part was when Ash used Turtonator’s spikes to get on top of Stakataka. I love Turtonator, so this made me very happy!

An Ultra Guardians episode... LET'S GO!!!

*Ahem* Nice jump, Mallow. (y) Ah, Lillie you did great! You'll do better the next time! :whistle: Sophocles was butt-kicked to victory, like literally! :LOL: Huh, Ash falling to dirt in an athletic event?! Was not expecting that! Kiawe got me Respect++, though, yeah, I expected that of Lana! (y):LOL:

Ha, it's Viren... Wonder what he's up to today...

Nothing though! Looks to me he is trying to carry out a peaceful procession this time around... Hmmm....

Yeah, Poipole, you got that right! :LOL:

Wow, that's a strange vault! Wait, that eye looks familiar... THAT'S A STAKATAKA!!! :oops:

Wow, Stakataka really doesn't want to be captured, huh! :confused_emoji: That Scyther got me! :ROFLMAO:

Bubble Beam! And Bonemerang?! That's a lot of super-effective moves poor Stakataka is taking! :oops:

Wait, isn't that Stakataka in Viren's property?! Wonder how'd it get in that box-thingy?! :oops:

Kiawe sure gets fired up at Viren's name! :oops: Though, Viren! He doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong this time around... Poor guy!

Rampaging Stakataka!!! Oh dear!

Okay, so Kiawe, your Marowak's Bonemerang missed that Stakataka and hit Viren instead... Did you really have to recall Marowak just for that reason?! Sigh! :rolleyes:

Atleast Ash successfully completed a vault! XD

A teary-eyed Stakataka was not something I was expecting to see... :cry:

D-DID VIREN JUST GO INTO THE BEAST BALL WITH STAKATAKA?! :oops:

Oh, okay no, there he is!

See ya Stakataka! :love:

A fun episode. 10/10.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom