• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM103: A Passionate Heart That Can Smash Even Rock! Lychee and Takeshi!!

What a great episode, especially the one with Brock and Olivia together performed the Z-Move with a Love shape of Continental Crush (that almost left me choke while watching) to defeat Team Rocket, before Bewear and Stufful taking them away to their lair of safety and also with Brock given a present from Joy with Comfey, which is utter surprised presumably a hard work of him helping her.

Last but not least with the hiker back again by Photobomber once more that ridiculously blocked Brock face, with him and Olivia.

Overall, I'll give this episode An A+

Annoyed that Team Rocket had to show up and interrupt what would have been a great battle between Brock and Olivia, something they did a lot in the original series

Loved how Stufful showed up as Bewear rescued Team Rocket

Was great to see Sudowoodo again and have Brock treat the baby Kangaskhan, showing off his Doctor skills, surprised he got a Comfey

Why did we have Team Rocket interrupting the episode again? They did that last episode. We have two Misty and Brock episodes, why did Team Rocket need to interrupt both of them?

Why did we have Team Rocket interrupting the episode again? They did that last episode. We have two Misty and Brock episodes, why did Team Rocket need to interrupt both of them?
@P_S_B
Blame on the writer themselves.

As nice as it was for Takeshi to be given a Cuwawa, I can't help but wonder what exactly the point was given that we'll likely never see it again. It's especially confusing given Takeshi already has a Pokemon known for nursing under his ownership (even if it's perfectly clear Lucky is joining Kenji as a character the writers have chosen to forget exists).

On one hand, Brock got a new Pokemon- a gen 7, fairy-type- but on the other hand it totally stole an appearance from Chansey.

I probably would have liked an end to the battle.

These two episodes have been nice but nothing earth-shattering. Unless Misty and Brock turn up again in this series (which I think they might) this is basically filler.

wow, that first episode if 2019 was cool and great. Brock revealed that he got a Comfey to become even greater Pokémon breeder.

And Olivia & Brock made a Z-Move Continental Crush... of love for Lycanroc to managing defeat Team Rocket, but Stufful and Bewear came to rescue, even Stufful got a new Exeggutor toy.

And this episode wasn't done without fireworks, who managed Brock and Misty to return in Kanto region.

I give the episode a 9.2/10.

Eh, this episode was so-so. The second half was definitely way stronger than the first half here.

The Good
- Great use of all the nostalgic Movie 20 background music. (though to be honest it really should have been used in the two episodes set in Kanto as well...)
- Usokkie! It's been how many years now? I also loved how well it performed in battle.
- That big G Gundam homage at the end of the episode was so well done and you can tell the staff of the show are really big fans. Now I wanna go back and rewatch the whole series!

The So-So
- Takeshi's doctor stuff in the first half was fine, I guess, but it's nothing we haven't seen before and it went on a bit too long. But I suppose this is what a modern day Takeshi episode looks like now *shrugs*
- Satoshi's classmates did absolutely nothing in this.

The Bad
- So like, Satoshi barely interacted with Kasumi and Takeshi at all in this two parter. Is he even still their friend anymore or what? This was supposed to be a big reunion of the original trio but Satoshi barely talked to his old friends.
- The Takeshi and Lychee plotline...um. Are they dating now? He's into her, she seems to be into him, they seemed to get along, and then after their great "World's End Fall (in Love)" attack that plotline just sort of...ends?
- Lychee having to have the Rocket-Dan explained to her served as a terrible reminder that oh yeah they were gone for the entire month Satoshi was on Akala Island.
- Kasumi and Takeshi got a weak ass send-off.

This episode was a bit more lovely than the last one, but it was pretty much the same standing to me. Brock's attempts to find love was hilarious and the water sirens snarking all the way was even more of a treat.
Brock and Olivia's Z move combo was cute to see and I am glad the Misty Torpedo wasn't fired at the Lovestone ship.
Team Rocket's Mecha actually handled the damage much like last time and I liked the sense of continuity on TR in between this and last episode.
Bewear showing up to take TR away was pretty nice and I wonder what punishment awaits them this time!

On to the negatives.
It took too long for us to get to the Olivia moments and the Kangaskhan scene felt like generic pokemon filler.
I hate those hikers and their photo bombing scene actually made me angry.
The battle was mediocre and TR coming along to interrupt it landed it as such. (Nice to see Sudowoodo though!)
Like last episode, nothing has actually happened besides Lovestone Shipping.

That was two weeks waiting, but it was worth it.
7/10 for me.

It was nice to see Brock's Sudowoodo again, but giving him a random Comfey seemed kinda thrown in there, especially since it may or may not be seen again (at least in the near term), and they could've easily just brought back Chansey for the Kangaskhan doctor scene

And I agree that TR interrupting the Brock vs Olivia battle was totally unnessecary and seemed like a blatant attempt to play the original Tropes completely straight.

Other than that, not a bad episode, but I think they could've done better.

-Nice seeing Sudowoodo again. Shame his two minutes of fame got stolen away.
-During the water sequence, only Psyduck was out... because Misty’s other pokemon are grounded, I guess.
-That Comfey appeared out of nowhere for a minute or two and yet I’m pretty sure it’ll be more memorable than Caserin and Luverin.
-Sorry, Chansey, Croagunk, you guys don’t matter anymore.
-Brock and Olivia’s growing relationship disappeared after the Z-move.
-It’s kinda weird when you consider Olivia’s Lycanroc battled in a far more strong and dynamic way than at any point of Ash’s trial (when it just stood there while Probopass did all the work)
-Stufful’s appearence was cute, that I’ll say. Hope his presence will keep making mama bear’s rescue missions interesting.

Meh, why was Misty even in this one? I expected more, since they hyped it up pretty hard. It is a shame... TRio looks really strong!

Interesting, they only showcased pokemon from OS regions (Kanto and Johto). Even though Takeshi get that Usokkie in DP...I wonder, did they forget that, and assumed that he get it in Johto just like Kasumi's Sunnygo?

Interesting, they only showcased pokemon from OS regions (Kanto and Johto). Even though Takeshi get that Usokkie in DP...I wonder, did they forget that, and assumed that he get it in Johto just like Kasumi's Sunnygo?
Maybe cause they acknowledged Diamond & Pearl?? Or technically Brock got the Bonsly in Kanto during Battle Frontier and then evolved in Sinnoh

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom