• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM119: Super Fast Kuwagannon! The Awakening of Mamane!!

Mamane got the crystal and the ring, in the same episode. Best part of the episode:

Call me partial, but I loved Maamane's little freak-out about the dark in that cave, that boy is so relatable! Otherwise the set-up was pretty unsurprising and an easy way for Maamane to get the mandatory Z-ring/crystal.

Major news however: THERE WAS A BOSS FANTASY!

Also kojiro was fully reincarnated into Shin'ichiro Miki, sunglasses and all:
OCVUtn.jpg

This reminded me of the Flame Pokemon-athon and that can only be a good thing. I love that any time Charjabug/Vikivolt gets an episode, it’s always great.

Really liked to see Horacio help out and Shake hands with Sopchles. Happy giving him the Z-ring is cool too!

Who’d have thought the chubby, short kid that we all hated in the beginning would end up being arguably the coolest of the classmates?

Nice episode with a photo finish between Sophocles and Horacio for earning a Buginium-Z.
Also, Team Rocket was also participating but it was cheating the race as Stufful and Bewear appeared causing them to disqualify.
I give this episode a B.

The opening seconds of this episode remind me of The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, where one episode opened with a close-up shot of Tigger putting snow goggles on.

The episode was better than the last two, but it's still a cliché storm when it comes to one-off competition episodes where a main character wins, and Team Rocket goes all Dick Dastardly and ends up disqualified (but at least not to sore loser extremes where they openly capture the whole competition, and nobody but Ash bothers to do anything).

This was probably a warm-up for the next episode that looks more promising.

Now that Sophocles has his own Z-Ring, he can perform a Bug-type Z-move with his Vikavolt. There are still more things left before they start the Alola Pokemon League and it's Mallow obtaining a Z-ring, finding Mohn and Lillie evolving Snowy into an Alolan Ninetales plus restoring Magearna.

Now that Sophocles has his own Z-Ring, he can perform a Bug-type Z-move with his Vikavolt. There are still more things left before they start the Alola Pokemon League and it's Mallow obtaining a Z-ring, finding Mohn and Lillie evolving Snowy into an Alolan Ninetales plus restoring Magearna.
Technically, he can't perform it yet. Vikavolt needs to learn an offensive Bug-type move first. My guess is it'll happen in the upcoming training episode.

An interesting episode, like how this episode was foreshadowed by Horacio mentioning taking part in a Vikavolt race

This sort of event can be a bit of fun, gives characters and Pokemon some focus, especially so for Sophocles's Vikavolt who hasn't had much

Would have been nice to have had more obstacles and have the race get more focus

I won't mention the negative I have for this episode but was great to see Horacio stop being a bit obnoxious

I loved this episode. There really isn’t much to be said. They took everything I loved from the Charjabug episode and turned it up to 11. Great to see Sophocles and Horacio’s relationship, Vikavolt’s personality, and the class cheering him on. It’s crazy how Sophocles went from being my least favorite classmate/ traveling companion to one of my favorites in less than a year. Now that’s good writing. Overall, 10/10. (This may seem a bit generous, but I truly enjoyed this episode so much)

I feel like they wasted Derossa, his role in the episode was that he was the last year's champ, but he lost pretty early into the race and he wasn't even seeing competing with Sophocles nor Hayate for first place. I actually wonder if there was even any point of showing him.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom