• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP Marathon to Preceed The Rise of Darkrai

Kazamatsuri

GO FOR THE GOAL!
Reaction score
I was browsing through tvguide.com and I noticed that CartoonNetwork will have yet another Pokemon marathon. On Sunday the 24th, they will air the last 24 episodes of Diamond & Pearl thus far from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, just before the network premiere of The Rise of Darkrai. The schedule is as follows:

7:00 AM, DP28: Drifloon in the Wind!
7:30 AM, DP29: The Champ Twins!
8:00 AM, DP30: Some Enchanted Sweetening!
8:30 AM, DP31: The Grass-Type is Always Greener!
9:00 AM, DP32: An Angry Combeenation
9:30 AM, DP33: All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go!
10:00 AM, DP34: Buizel Your Way Out of This!
10:30 AM, DP35: An Elite Meet and Greet!
11:00 AM, DP36: A Secret Sphere of Influence!
11:30 AM, DP37: A Grass Menagerie!
12:00 PM, DP38: One Big Happiny Family!
12:30 PM, DP39: Steamboat Willies!
1:00 PM, DP40: Top-Down Training!
1:30 PM, DP41: A Stand Up Sit Down!
2:00 PM, DP42: The Electrike Company!
2:30 PM, DP43: Malice in Wonderland!
3:00 PM, DP44: Mass Hip-Po-Sis!
3:30 PM, DP45: Ill-Will Hunting
4:00 PM, DP46: A Maze-ing Race!
4:30 PM, DP47: Sandshrew's Locker!
5:00 PM, DP49: Dawn's Early Night!
5:30 PM, DP50: Tag! We're It...!
6:00 PM, DP51: Glory Blaze!
6:30 PM, DP52: Smells Like Team Spirit!

Source:

Last edited:
I know this,Cn just make all day POKEMON lol.People who want to watch other shows probaly gutted.The Movie is special so Cn had to make a big deal of it.I dont get the point of Cn keep broadcast old episodes for pokemon fans which their seem them already,Dont you think the ones who watch the movie is all pokemon fans?So theres really no point putting old episodes back on to bored the Fans.I Hope Cn give a release date of Season 11 Soon as possible

Last edited:
I know this,Cn just make all day POKEMON lol.People who want to watch other shows probaly gutted.The Movie is special so Cn had to make a big deal of it.I dont get the point of Cn keep broadcast old episodes for pokemon fans which seem them already,Dont you think the ones who watch the movie is all pokemon fans?So theres really no point putting old episodes back on to bored the Fans.I Hope Cn give a release date of Season 11 Soon as possible

Such is the way of marathons...

But anyway, it's the premiere of Movie 10 for the US as a whole, not just the broadcast premiere. So I think CN is justified in making a big deal out of it.

Meh....

I'm just tired of all these D/P reruns. The only episodes I'm gonna watch are the new episodes of D/P, and of course I'll be watching The Rise of Darkrai.

But seriously, the only season of Pokemon that CN shows nowadays is D/P. Whatever happened to the previous seasons? Don't they still have the rights to air seasons 1 through 9?

I just don't understand why they'd stop airing the older seasons. Not everyone has the DVDs, or money to buy every box set that gets released.

Maybe they think less people will buy the DVDs if they'll air the episodes at the same time
But as I said in that new box sets thread... you're lucky that you can get reruns of -anything- and that DVD box sets exist for like half the series already
Also finding episodes to download is pretty easy (you can even find direct downloads for almost all of the episodes in both Japanese and English) while even that doesn't exist for the Hebrew version =\

Oh, so you guys don't even get reruns, nor DVDs of Pokemon.

That's very sad. :-(

Offtopic comment: Wow! You can speak and understand Hebrew? That's awesome, Piplup!

I'm Jewish, so I can read and speak Hebrew. I can only understand a little bit, though. ^^;

My brother will be having a trip soon. He's going with some friends to visit Israel! ^^

Yeah.. and we can't even download since no one bother to do that here...

Offtopic comment: Wow! You can speak and understand Hebrew? That's awesome, Piplup!

I'm Jewish, so I can read and speak Hebrew. I can only understand a little bit, though. ^^;

My brother will be having a trip soon. He's going with some friends to visit Israel! ^^

Nice XD
Anyway if you'd like the direct downloads for episodes PM me

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
But seriously, the only season of Pokemon that CN shows nowadays is D/P. Whatever happened to the previous seasons? Don't they still have the rights to air seasons 1 through 9?

DP probably gets better ratings than the older seasons, so that's why those reruns get shown more often than the older seasons' reruns do.

Oh, I see....

Well, from a business standpoint that would make more sense.

Oh well. I guess I'll have to resort to watching my DVDs again (yeah, I'm kinda weird, because I actually get more enjoyment out of watching Pokemon on TV, than I do when I watch DVDs).

If I'm not mistaken, it does, but I don't have a source for that.
Aww....

I wish you did.

I'm especially interested in seeing the ratings from the older seasons. But for some reason, no one has been able to find that information.

It's not that the information isn't out there, because it is, it's just that as of right now I'm too lazy to go find it because I'm eating a bagel and drinking hot chocolate xD

I really think the reason they chose DP episodes to show is quite obvious.

Well, they did have a two day marathon or something like that full of episodes from those seasons for the premiere of the DP series. It's possible they still might have those rights, but then that means that they don't want to show any of those episodes.

I also remember reading somewhere that when CN was airing Kanto and D/P episodes at the same time, that the D/P episodes were getting higher ratings which is why the old Kanto eps disappeared from the schedule.

I have no idea how true this is, but I remember someone pointing this out somewhere. I'm not sure if it was on Toonzone or Dogasu said it though.

I remember they uesd to show old Kanto eps.... AT 6:30 IN THE MORNING. Better ratings for the D/P stuff? O RLY?

Well, yeah. The newer episodes get better ratings because they're... newer.

God knows how many times Kanto has been rerun on CN.

I think the point is the kids growing up with Pokemon now have no idea what the older seasons are about. To them they have no idea who Misty is, they have no idea who Gary is, and they have no idea what Ash's older Pokemon are.

As I said, the D/P series is a FRESH START. Its a new series meant to bring in a whole new generation of Pokemon fans, much like AG did prior, without relying on things of old.

Why can't people realize this? Just because we were all around for Season 1 doesn't mean the current generation of kids are. The kids who are 8 years old now watching Pokemon were not even born when Season 1 was originally airing!

For god sakes, this show has been going on for a decade, you can't expect CN to cater to 10 year old episodes over brand new ones that the current generation of kids are more familiar with.

betagold said:
I remember they uesd to show old Kanto eps.... AT 6:30 IN THE MORNING. Better ratings for the D/P stuff? O RLY?

They've also tried airing the older seasons during prime time. But DP always does better.

Okay, so CN airing reruns of the first season might not have been such a good idea for them....

But still, just because the oldest season of Pokemon didn't do well in ratings, that doesn't mean they should give up on showing any of the older seasons. Heck, when was the last time they aired Johto? Or any season of Johto, for that matter?

And if CN is all about airing more recent seasons, then they could try airing Advanced, Advanced Challenge, or Advanced Battle. I'm sure that one of the Hoenn seasons would do great, if they were to air it alongside D/P (though, given the fact CN still hasn't aired any episodes from Advanced, that only leaves them with Advanced Challenge and Advanced Battle as choices). And yes, they could also air the Battle Frontier season, if they so desire. But given my general dislike for that season, I try not to think about it very much. ^^;

And Scott85, no offense, but I find it hard to believe that young kids wouldn't be familiar with the old seasons/characters whatsoever. That's quite a stretch, wouldn't you say? Surely, at any point in time, if they had ever come across a clip from seasons 1 through 5 (from the old Kanto episodes to the end of Johto) on the internet, or even if they have the Season 1 and Season 5 DVD box sets - I'm sure kids would be quite familiar with old regions, seasons, and characters. And that's not even counting Fire Red/Leaf Green (if kids play those games, then they're bound to battle against Misty).

And of course, young kids would be more familar with the older Pokemon seasons especially if they have an older brother or sister who still watches Pokemon. Because honestly, what kid wouldn't be familiar with the season one theme of Pokemon? That song is so famous, it was even included in the game Donkey Konga, for crying out loud. XD

Last edited:

Taiwan get reruns of Pokémon from season 1.Hong Kong has even more reruns than Taiwan as the broadcast companies would like to sell the Pokémon program to other broadcast companies to earn money......Taiwan is now in Sinnoh while Hong Kong is still in Hoenn......And I am a Hong Konger.

Edit: 4 different broadcast companies have aired Pokémon in HK so far......

One broadcast company is airing rerun from season 1 while another broadcast company is airing DP in TW.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom