• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM143: Conclusion! Gaogaen VS Nyaheat!!

I'm very, very, VERY glad that Naganadel wasn't brought back only to end up being a jobber like Goodra and Noivern. The match-up turned out very well and not rushed at all, and I was surprised when Naganadel won... I was fully expecting a tie between those two.

The next match-up was... awesome, there's no other words to describe it. It was just that good. The music less segments were actually quite intense. What's the point of that evolution after the battle though, not to mention fainting while standing upright...? Also, they used the Ash-Greninja theme for that final clash, I got chills from it. O.O

I'd say this is the second best battle after Ash v. Paul, I just hope next week's episode doesn't dampen that opinion of mine, especially since Naganadel is sent out instead of Pikachu. Feels cheap having Tapu Koko interrupt like that and slapping away Kukui's 6th mon's ball with any consideration. Absolute a-hole moment.

Full review after subbed version comes out.

EDIT: Opinion after seeing the SM144 Preview. Seems like Naganadel's Poison typing might be useful after all, how are they using 2 Z-moves each in the same match though?

What AN episode, the effect and the colors and to finally see Torrocat evolves after defeated Incineroar. But not without the sacrifice of him fainted for using too many energy. Nevertheless, Tapu Koko volunteer itself to become the next pokemon to fight Ash for the replacement of Kukui last pokemon.

Overall rating: A+

EDIT: Opinion after seeing the SM144 Preview. Seems like Naganadel's Poison typing might be useful after all, how are they using 2 Z-moves each in the same match though?
Probably the Tapu giving them Z-Power for second use. Similar to what the Rotom Dex does in USUM.

I apologize in advance for the caps lock abuse.

YEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!1!!!! TORRACAT WON!!!!!!!!! And it even evolved! I'm not going to lie, I shed a little tear and laughed in joy when Torracat evolved immediately after winning. They even managed to make to Z-move clash look awesome. I got what I want out of this battle, so I'm happy.

Last edited:
An incredible ending to the decent Ash/the father he never knew he had Kukui battle.

A good first half followed by an "ehhh" but still fine second half and this glorious, this exceptional, this superb finale to end Torracat's incredible tale off will live on as one of the finest moments in the anime.

And thus the curtain has closed for the cat, it fulfilled the dream, it lived every moment and
evolved into Incineroar as an added bonus on this cake with a cherry on top.

The cat salutes and Stoutland would be tearing it's eyes out proud in heaven.

Why didn't Terrocat evolved earlier. Who knows if it will be used again after this battle.

With three episodes left until the series comes to an end, I fear it won't get much screen time as an Incineroar

So Rowlet and Torracat were able to defeat their fully evolved forms, Torracat's victory is certainly more believable then that of Rowlet

Okay, I calmed down a little, apologies for the freak out, but I loved this so much! I still can't believed how much I enjoyed this episode. Ash's Inceneroar earned that evolution and rest. I have not been so into an episode in a while. I gotta rewatch this again with the subs just because I loved it that much. This maybe my new favorite Sun & Moon episode.

Was certainly an enjoyable episode to watch

I like the animation they gave to show Blaze, change the whole body color rather than surround the Pokemon with color
I don't think it was Blaze. I think it was just them giving it their all.

Also, nice fake-out stumbling from Torracat.

Wow this episode was insane! The only thing I didn't like was Ash using Sludge bomb on Lucario, but no big deal!

The music in this episode was outstanding. What was the tune that was playing when Naganadel uses Thunderbolt on Lucario for the first time? Never heard it but it sounded beautiful!

The animation was amazing too, Iwane went all out!
Torracat vs Incineroar was so intense, really liked the z-move clash with a fantastic ending in the fire.
Torracat's evolution proves the growth it has made during the fight! Hopefully we see Ash's Incineroar in action for a bit in the last two episodes, even if it is just showing his personality as an Incineroar.

Can't wait to watch it with subs! For the time being, Ash vs Kukui turns out to be the best battle in SM and one of the best in the entire series. Next week looks awesome too.

I loved it, what an episode.. So much action, now that’s battles are done and Torracat finally defeats its main rival even though it also fainted shortly after..

Ash Ketchum, even as the champion of Alola still manages to forget that Poison attacks don’t work on steel type Pokémon lmaooooo.. Naganadel was pretty impressive in its battle after starting off slow, whatever it did back home sure was worth it..

Wished we could’ve seen Kukui’s last Pokemon come out and then be a bit disappointed because it wasn’t allowed to battle because of Tapu Koko but other than that it was out of this world..

Now that’s a Pokémon battle, the Alola League tournament may have been slightly lackluster but this battl made up for it significantly, now to end the exhibition match on a strong note for next week..

Have a feeling that this battle will end in a draw (although unlikely) and everyone will go home feeling great after witnessing the battle of a lifetime in the Alola region..

Honestly Ash might actually beat Kukui wow

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom