• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM145: The Sun, the Moon, and Everyone's Dreams!

An emotional episode. Where Naganadel return back to its home and Lillie cherish her past with her father during when she was baby to awaken the Magearna after Mohn deactivated mode.

Overall rating: B+

They crammed a lot into this episode which was a slight disappointment, especially the way the Wormhole opened and Naganedel left. Was really hoping it would remain but now, Ash will return home without a full team

Loved that they gave Manaphy a cameo and a dex entry

Was great to see Charizard use Inferno Overdrive instead of Supersonic Sky Strike, just wish it was Incineroar battling instead of Lycanroc

Ticked all the correct boxes in terms of setting up the next episode, but a bit of a dull affair to be honest. The battle was so unnecessary but I guess they needed some scope to reuse animation after last week...

The saving grace was the stuff with Lillie although frankly Magearna just waking up because emotions was pretty wtf.

Next week looks to be a lot better.

I fairly found most of Ash's parts of the episode to be pretty good and the whole Magearna stuff touching but this was a somewhat okay if incredibly rushed episode.

Something about the preview told me that this episode was gonna be fairly desperate in cramming a whole bunch of stuff in and I guess I was right for the first half and the Ash vs Kiawe stuff.

Honestly I am a bit disappointed in Lana's goal.

It's no more lackluster that just going on to do more contests, or how Iris was left aimlessly following Rayquaza. Travelling the world looking for water Pokemon perfectly suits her character.

Anyway, once again we have an episode trying to cram three episodes worth of conclusion into two. I liked everyone's dreams for the most part, as I said they seemed to fit everyone's characters. I did like how Satoshi found himself without any clue of what to do now he'd won a championship, and at least travelling the world was suggested to him as opposed to something he suddenly came up with himself. Agoton's exit was brief... but hey, guess that's the nature of Ultra Wormholes. When you get the chance to return home through one, you take it.

One thing I can't fathom, however, is why the hell this episode had Satoshi battle with Lugarugan again instead of Gaogaen given this was probably our last chance to see him battle with it before it's dumped at the lab.

I think my main disappointment with the episode had to be Naganedel's sudden departure

I don't mind plot contrivances but for Naganedel to return by chance just as Ash needs a 6th Pokemon for a battle and then to return soon after the battle is too much

Ash could easily have got his last Pokemon from Oak's lab, have Tracey send it over off-screen if necessary

I think my main disappointment with the episode had to be Naganedel's sudden departure

I don't mind plot contrivances but for Naganedel to return by chance just as Ash needs a 6th Pokemon for a battle and then to return soon after the battle is too much

Ash could easily have got his last Pokemon from Oak's lab, have Tracey send it over off-screen if necessary
As contrived as it may be, it made more sense for him to win the Alola League with Alolan Pokémon.

Words cannot express my disappointment at how utterly wasted Incineroar's evolution turned out to be. It's the equivalent of throwing away your hard-earned university degree minutes after getting it. Torterra might have been the ultimate jobber, but heck, at least it was given a chance in the first place!

Words cannot express my disappointment at how utterly wasted Incineroar's evolution turned out to be. It's the equivalent of throwing away your hard-earned university degree minutes after getting it. Torterra might have been the ultimate jobber, but heck, at least it was given a chance in the first place!
It deserved that evolution. It was its prize for defeating Kukui's Incineroar.

well, this is it! we have reached the finals' week for the Sun and Moon series! And as for the episode, it was a little emotional. First off, Magearna gained consience, which is similar to M19 movie. And as for Ash, his Naganadel returned to his homeworld.
I give this episode an A.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom