• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN003: Fushigisou, Isn't it Mysterious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary
Reaction score
Not much to say but hey...

Satoshi and Go have become research fellows at the Sakuragi Laboratories in Kuchiba City, Kanto. Their first job is to investigate a mysterious march of Fushigisou in the city. They immediately go to the city, where they see that the Fushigisou are all headed towards a certain location. Satoshi and Go are about to discover the secret of Fushigidane, Fushigisou and Fushigibana.

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
Animation Director 森口弘之 (Hiroyuki Moriguchi)
Animation Director 森悦史 (Etsuhito Mori)
Animation Director 松岡秀明 (Hideaki Matsuoka)
Animation Director 浅田真里 (Mari Asada)

Maybe, but at this point anything can happen. The title says "Ivysaur" instead of "Bulbasaur", the summary clearly points out the hidden garden from EP051. The last time this location was visited, it pertained to Bulbasaur's character development and it refusing to evolve.

From a business standpoint, Ivysaur looks close enough to Bulbasaur, both in appearance and size, to be as equally marketable.

Ironically, it's because it says Ivysaur that I don't think it's related to Ash's Bulbasaur evolution. After all, it speaks about a march of Ivysaur (not Bulbasaur).

In any case, it seems more possible an Ivysaur group would evolve this time.

Last edited:
Ironically, it's because it says Ivysaur that I don't think it's related to Ash's Bulbasaur evolution. After all, it speaks about a march of Ivysaur (not Bulbasaur).

In any case, it seems more possible an Ivysaur group would evolve this time.
At least some bulbasaur are bound to be in since the secret involves Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur.

They also need some kind of conflict in the episode, too. Previously Bulbasaur not evolving provided that, but this time it’s probably not going to be that one reused. I wonder what do they do... Hopefully it’s not the TRio just wanting to capture a bunch of Venusaur.

At least some bulbasaur are bound to be in since the secret involves Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur.

They also need some kind of conflict in the episode, too. Previously Bulbasaur not evolving provided that, but this time it’s probably not going to be that one reused. I wonder what do they do... Hopefully it’s not the TRio just wanting to capture a bunch of Venusaur.

Would be nice to have some conflict that isn't Team Rocket otherwise it would be a repeat of Mysterious Garden, just with the focus on Ivysaur

I hope we see Ash's Bulbasaur, I really wished it had evolved back in Kanto since Bulbasaur and Venusaur are meh to me, whereas Ivysaur's the best of both worlds imo. I know Bulbasaur evolving in this episode is an unrealistic expectation.

I'm really looking forward to the summaries. Ivysaur's really underrated: Bulbasaur gets the attention for being the cute base stage, and Venusaur for being the fully evolved competitive beast. Nice to see the focus on Ivysaur for a change!

My pipe dream is Ash's Bulbasaur finally deciding to evolve

I'd have thought they might give Go a Bulbasaur, but this episode's focusing on Ivysaur so it’s unlikely. He hasn’t had Scorbunny yet, anyway so that rules out him getting anything right now.

I hope we see Ash's Bulbasaur, I really wished it had evolved back in Kanto since Bulbasaur and Venusaur are meh to me, whereas Ivysaur's the best of both worlds imo. I know Bulbasaur evolving in this episode is an unrealistic expectation.

I'm really looking forward to the summaries. Ivysaur's really underrated: Bulbasaur gets the attention for being the cute base stage, and Venusaur for being the fully evolved competitive beast. Nice to see the focus on Ivysaur for a change!

My pipe dream is Ash's Bulbasaur finally deciding to evolve

I'd have thought they might give Go a Bulbasaur, but this episode's focusing on Ivysaur so it’s unlikely. He hasn’t had Scorbunny yet, anyway so that rules out him getting anything right now.
I mean Clemont was promoted with Chespin but yet he already had a Bunneby first.

I mean Clemont was promoted with Chespin but yet he already had a Bunneby first.
Scorbunny is said to be Go's main partner though, like Ash has Pikachu. It’s 99.999% likely to be the first Pokemon he has, specially since he’s a new trainer.

Clemont was an already established Gym leader so him having prior Pokemon but later getting promoted with something else made sense.

Ash's Bulbasaur evolving would certainly make a strong first impression for the series. I think the reason it's Ivysaur instead of Bulbasaur this time is because it's the same ones that evolved into Ivysaur in the first mysterious garden episode. Maybe Bulbasaur is going to tag along this time to evolve as well. Honestly this would be kind of a random episode to have if not, especially as their only Kanto adventure before they head to Galar.

Ash's Bulbasaur evolving would certainly make a strong first impression for the series. I think the reason it's Ivysaur instead of Bulbasaur this time is because it's the same ones that evolved into Ivysaur in the first mysterious garden episode. Maybe Bulbasaur is going to tag along this time to evolve as well. Honestly this would be kind of a random episode to have if not, especially as their only Kanto adventure before they head to Galar.
IMO, Bulbasaur has been a Bulbasaur for too long to evolve anymore at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom